/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to stop being miserable?

Serinity
11-24-2016, 05:15 PM
:salam:

My grades have gone down, my will to learn, etc. All because of the waswass I have, and please, give me practical solutions.

I know I can do better at school. How do I become more alert in studying? I'm always caught up in the waswass/repetitive thoughts.

I had bad thoughts about Islam, I know true happiness is with Islam, so I am sure this misery comes from the Waswass.

Any advice? I love math, physics and chemistry. More math than physics and chemistry, cuz I actually learn something in math, as for physics and chemistry, it is very slow, and I miss critical information, because of me focusing on things that are IRRELEVANT/Time consuming, i.e. waswass about shirk.

There are times where the teacher says stuff I did not hear, which makes it harder for me to figure out and learn. I have constant shirky thoughts, and I think I am just paranoid.

I know that in order to find happiness/ the ability to learn, etc. you need to let go / stop focusing on things that make you miserable. In this case, these thoughts do.

I want to learn, but I feel like a hostage.
And Allah :swt: knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
11-24-2016, 05:31 PM
What is your waswasa exactly? You are always telling you have it but you don't identify it.

noraina
11-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Akhi, this waswas you are having is like intrusive thoughts which are making you feel really anxious about your level of iman. I know this is easier said than done, but you really need to just ignore these thoughts. It could be the more you are fighting those feelings the more you are noticing them, the more you are allowing them to worry you.

Just try to ignore all of these thoughts because that is what they are - they are just thoughts. Having them doesn't mean you don't know the meaning of tawhid and shirk - you understand those concepts really well ma'sha'Allah, it is just the Shaytaan wants to make you *think* you don't know and therefore somehow this will make you fall into sin. A thought or feeling isn't the same as an impulse - try to ignore them and avoid giving them importance, which you are doing. The more importance you give it, or the more you think it means something, the bigger they will get.

I had a similar problem, I was under constant doubts about the sincerity of my intentions and whether I was doing something for Allah swt or for showing the people and it almost put me off prayer and other forms of worship subhanAllah - it can really impede progress and achievements. In this case it is affecting your education.

You just need to *ignore* those thoughts, because they *don't* mean anything. I don't have much other practical advice to give, but definitely don't give that waswas the importance you are giving it - because it's not worth it.

May Allah swt make it easy for you. Ameen.

Serinity
11-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Also when I go into "serious mode" or go into "power mode" where I am in my studying mode, I will ignore the waswass that I risk doing shirk.

In shaa' Allah by me not focusing on them, anymore. I will go back to getting good grades.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
11-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Spend less time online I guess, is a good way to spend more time doing homework, no?

Scimi

kritikvernunft
11-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Your lament is almost a valid request. When it is a valid request, you can actually supplicate for it ("dua").

And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer):
— Quran, sura 40 (Ghafir), ayah 60

It works absolutely fine for me!

Serinity
11-24-2016, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Spend less time online I guess, is a good way to spend more time doing homework, no?

Scimi
It is hard to do homework, when whenever you try, you get shirky thoughts, whenever you try to listen to the teacher, you have to resist the thoughts, etc.

I want Allah to remove these waswass. :/

Scimitar
11-24-2016, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
It is hard to do homework, when whenever you try, you get shirky thoughts, whenever you try to listen to the teacher, you have to resist the thoughts, etc.

I want Allah to remove these waswass. :/
Watch some Bruce Lee movies... particularly the "empty your mind" part :D

No seriously... bro,

You can study if you want. The shayateen don't care if you study or not - they care if you remain Muslim or not.

This is not waswasa you're sufferring, it's excuses of your own manufacture.

Be firm with yourself. A man, does what need to be done. He doesn't care if he is in the mood or not - he recognises that when it's time to get his game face on, he puts his game face on.

Now, go attack that homework like it's a meal to be devoured.

Scimi

Serinity
11-24-2016, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Watch some Bruce Lee movies... particularly the "empty your mind" part :D

No seriously... bro,

You can study if you want. The shayateen don't care if you study or not - they care if you remain Muslim or not.

This is not waswasa you're sufferring, it's excuses of your own manufacture.

Be firm with yourself. A man, does what need to be done. He doesn't care if he is in the mood or not - he recognises that when it's time to get his game face on, he puts his game face on.

Now, go attack that homework like it's a meal to be devoured.

Scimi
I will do my best in doing my homework, however, I struggle to stay muslim after all these waswass. Gotta ignore them. :d

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.