/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Could you make dua for me that I get accepted into a good college?

Mustafa16
11-25-2016, 01:35 AM
I am worried about my grades, as they are only average to below average, even though my exam scores are high......(ACT: 92nd percentile in nation, 97th percentile on math ACT, 72nd percentile on SAT)...I am worried I wont be accepted into a good college, especially one called Georgia State University......they have a very good economic program, and I want to major in economics, and get a master's and possibly a PhD, but I face a lot of competition because two major schools here in this area have better economics programs, and there aren't THAT many jobs for economics majors......there is a risk of being unemployed if I go to an average school, as employers are looking for students from good schools.....there is even a risk if I go to a top school, as unemployment for econ majors is relatively high, but not too high.....and I have to assume that I might not go to grad school at all.....I want a better future, and a good job, and I checked my chances at getting into the college on a site called cappex.com, and I'm around 55% chance, and it reports that I am not that much lower or higher than my competition.....im worried I wont be accepted....could you make dua for me? jazakallaha khair in advance....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
11-25-2016, 01:37 AM
Allah helps those who help themselves... do your homework akhi

Scimi

Mustafa16
11-25-2016, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Allah helps those who help themselves... do your homework akhi

Scimi
even if I get 100s on all other assignments, there's no way I can bring up my GPA that much....the semester is almost over......and they look at your semester 1 transcript because they decide whether or not to accept you in the middle of semester 2.

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Do what you can, you'll surprise yourself if you don't let the negativity touch you - stay positive and pragmatic, and NEVER underestimate the power of Dua.

You do what you can, and when you can do no more - you leave it to Allah.

And Allah knows best.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
11-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

From personal experience, just because your initial grades may not be what you wanted, you can more than make up for them if you just put your head down and study *hard*. I received a terrible grade in one of my AS exams (basically I failed :skeleton:) but I really worked hard and in my A2 exam I not only passed but with a reasonably high grade. Just don't give up halfway in the belief that there's too much ground for you to gain.

And make abundant dua, I always say this but definitely wake up for tahajjud and make dua then, it is a time of acceptance.

May Allah swt give you success upon success in both deen and dunya. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.