/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Court Marriage and Sex

khan1991
11-25-2016, 11:04 AM
Assalamuwalaikum sister,
My husband and I both practicisng Muslims and are studying in Australia. Due to certain reasons we had a court marriage in Sydney. We plan to have our Islamic wedding ceremony after we return to our home country with out after a year. My question is, can we consummate our marriage under Islamic law or we have to wait till our Islamic Wedding?
I will be really grateful for a kind and helpful reply.
Regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Walaikum Assalam

Did you have a nikkah (islamic marriage) done with an imam and two witnesses present?

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 06:00 PM
You need to do Nikah, before you get into bed with each other.

Some Australian certificate of marriage will not cut it.... I'm surprised educated university students cannot work this out and must ask us online on a forum lol. IT'S BASIC COMMON SENSE.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.