/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Random picking from Quran

anatolian
11-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Salam Aleykum

I have developed such a habit that when I have an issue on a matter I randomly open Quran and look at the ayah which my eyes pick instantly to see a message for my issue. Have you ever done this? Or do you think it is a good or bad bidah?

Just curious of your oipinions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
11-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Walaikumasalaam brother,

Do you see this as a good or bad habit?

Ask yourself what good and what bad is derived from this 'habit'?

Islam doesn't teach us to open the Qur'aan and set your eyes on any ayat and there you will find your answer.

No.

Islam teaches us to consciously READ, UNDERSTAND, IMPLEMENT, CHANGE (ourselves and others) - Keep doing this and insha Allah your new 'deed' will become your 'habit'.

Enrol on islamic classes, read islamic books, listen to islamic lecturers, get in touch with learned people and ask them what you need to know.

May Allah swt open the doors of knowlege for you Ameen.

drac16
11-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Wa alaykum salam

Yeah, I've done that before. A few days ago I randomly picked a surah and it came to surah 64. In reading that surah, I was blown away at how it describes Allah azza wa jal. He is so Pure, Mighty and Holy. :D

anatolian
11-26-2016, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Walaikumasalaam brother,

Do you see this as a good or bad habit?

Ask yourself what good and what bad is derived from this 'habit'?

Islam doesn't teach us to open the Qur'aan and set your eyes on any ayat and there you will find your answer.

No.

Islam teaches us to consciously READ, UNDERSTAND, IMPLEMENT, CHANGE (ourselves and others) - Keep doing this and insha Allah your new 'deed' will become your 'habit'.

Enrol on islamic classes, read islamic books, listen to islamic lecturers, get in touch with learned people and ask them what you need to know.

May Allah swt open the doors of knowlege for you Ameen.
I know Islam doesn't teach such a method. This is why I asked for your opinions. Thanks for your good wishes. Sometimes I just happen to see the answer for my question. Sometimes I don't see.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
11-26-2016, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
Wa alaykum salam

Yeah, I've done that before. A few days ago I randomly picked a surah and it came to surah 64. In reading that surah, I was blown away at how it describes Allah azza wa jal. He is so Pure, Mighty and Holy. :D
Did you have a question in mind before? If so, did it help to resolve?

drac16
11-26-2016, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Did you have a question in mind before? If so, did it help to resolve?
No, I wasn't questioning if Allah was Holy, it just so happened that I came to surah that jumped out at me. I've read through the Qur'an before, but I must have missed some of the nectar that's in surah 64. Sometimes reading the Qur'an is such a habit that you gloss over some important parts.

anatolian
11-26-2016, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
No, I wasn't questioning if Allah was Holy, it just so happened that I came to surah that jumped out at me. I've read through the Qur'an before, but I must have missed some of the nectar that's in surah 64. Sometimes reading the Qur'an is such a habit that you gloss over some important parts.
Look I have seen a message to myself in this Surah now.

"If ye loan to Allah a beautiful loan, He will double it to your (credit)"

fhmn63
11-28-2016, 02:30 PM
It is good that you open the Quran . But to seek help from Quran you need to understand its verses and you can take help from hadeeth.They are characterised well.

ZainabAlaaEddin
04-02-2020, 10:36 PM
It's not from Islam brother, read this Fatwa at this link:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1455...rom-the-mushaf

islamicuser7867
09-08-2021, 11:50 AM
salam. i have some questions to ask the one who posted this. please respond. thankyou.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.