/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling his (saw) presence

SpiritualGirl
11-25-2016, 08:01 PM
Hi! Im quite new to the forum.
What led me here is curiosity and love for my religion.
I was curious to know whether its possible for us to go in deep meditation (muraqba i suppose) and feel the presence of prophet (saw)? I have never heard of anything like this before i wanna know if u know any such thing! ♡ Hoping for kind and helpful replies!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
11-25-2016, 08:36 PM
I would love to feel the presence of Allah

SpiritualGirl
11-26-2016, 06:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Yes i think u can somewhat feel it. :D just meditate n try to connect :) but its imp u do follow other islamic practises religiously

MuslimInshallah
11-26-2016, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Assalaamu alaikum Anatolian,

(smile) It can be hard, sometimes, to feel Allah in our hyper busy, noisy, modern world. But if you can get away from the concrete jungle, perhaps you may feel Him more easily? (smile) I know that when I am walking in the woods, the quiet sounds, the smells, the sights cool against my eyes... all these hum the presence of the Creator. (smile) And then when one is attuned, it becomes easier to feel Him around us. In the joy and wonder of small children, in the plants and creatures around us, in the kindnesses of other people, in the changing of the sky... (smile) and in His Words in the Qur'an.

May God, the Shaper and Designer, Help us to increase our awareness of Him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
11-26-2016, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah

..In the joy and wonder of small children, in the plants and creatures around us, in the kindnesses of other people, in the changing of the sky...
Aleykum Salam

If you feel the presence of Allah in these you must be a grreat Sufi :)

Scimitar
11-26-2016, 04:56 PM
LOL

too funny

SpiritualGirl
11-26-2016, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
LOL

too funny
Whats funny my frnd?

SpiritualGirl
11-26-2016, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah

(smile) It can be hard, sometimes, to feel Allah in our hyper busy, noisy, modern world. But if you can get away from the concrete jungle, perhaps you may feel Him more easily? (smile) I know that when I am walking in the woods, the quiet sounds, the smells, the sights cool against my eyes... all these hum the presence of the Creator. (smile) And then when one is attuned, it becomes easier to feel Him around us. In the joy and wonder of small children, in the plants and creatures around us, in the kindnesses of other people, in the changing of the sky... (smile) and in His Words in the Qur'an.

May God, the Shaper and Designer, Help us to increase our awareness of Him.
This really inspired me. This makes me think that u might have a spiritual connection. Do u also have religious dreams? ☺

*charisma*
11-27-2016, 01:12 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by SpiritualGirl
Hi! Im quite new to the forum.
What led me here is curiosity and love for my religion.
I was curious to know whether its possible for us to go in deep meditation (muraqba i suppose) and feel the presence of prophet (saw)? I have never heard of anything like this before i wanna know if u know any such thing! ♡ Hoping for kind and helpful replies!
Welcome to the forum :D (your account is not yet activated, check your email to activate your account, otherwise ask us for help in the helpdesk inshallah).

To feel the presence of the prophet pbuh?? That would be considered shirk. The prophet pbuh is dead so we cannot feel his presence. We are only ordered to send our blessings upon him and his family, follow his lifestyle, and emulate him in the best way we can. Therefore our "meditation" is centered on Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and remembering Him. In the Quran it states: Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest (13:28).

Inshallah the following link may be helpful to explain more in regards to meditation in Islam: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/80399

And to highlight:

Meditation that is linked to any religious or cultural group general contains acts, positions or chants that reflect that particular religion or culture. Such practices mostly contravene the laws of Shari’āh. Hence, any such type of meditation that reflects any aspect contrary to Sharī’ah or has links to another religion, such as yoga, will be impermissible in Sharī’ah. It is necessary to stick to the Islamic method of meditation. Another remedy that may help the sister is recitation of the Qur’ān. Allāh mentions in the Qur’ān:

وَنُنَزِّلُ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ مَا هُوَ شِفَاءٌ وَرَحْمَةٌ لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ

“We are revealing the Qur’ān which is a cure and mercy for the believers.”

We advise that the sister establish a spiritual connection with a Shaykh (spiritual mentor) and follow his guidance. We make du’ā Allāh grant her solace and peace and alleviate her anxiety.

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 08:44 PM
i would love to feel His presence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.