/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

MazharShafiq
11-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Friday has a lot importance in Islam . on the basis these importance ,is it correct to call this day as (Black Friday ) and should Muslims change their activities on this day while the term of (Black Friday ) drived from no-muslims

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
11-26-2016, 01:23 PM
all fridays matter.

noraina
11-26-2016, 02:23 PM
Well, no, nobody has to change their activities or anything on Black Friday, apart from maybe shopping, lol.

Anyway, it is all a marketing gimmick picked up from the USA, a way for the stores to make huge amounts of profit while making it out you're getting record-breaking deals - I remember reading somewhere over 50% of products sold on Black Friday are actually more expensive than on any other day.

Also, I don't like the crowds.

MazharShafiq
11-28-2016, 06:10 AM
there are video in both language urdu and english

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
11-28-2016, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Friday has a lot importance in Islam . on the basis these importance ,is it correct to call this day as (Black Friday ) and should Muslims change their activities on this day while the term of (Black Friday ) drived from no-muslims
Police all over the world have special code to describe situation that they must face. This code can be word, can be number, and varied between one and other police department.

Black Friday originally was a code from Philadelphia police department in 1950's, to describe crowded situation on Friday after Thanksgiving when people were hunting for discounts that offered by retailers. They chose the term "Black" because this situation made them extra busy and got headache. Later this code became popular among people and adopted by retailers to name the special offers program after Thanksgiving.

ardianto
11-28-2016, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I remember reading somewhere over 50% of products sold on Black Friday are actually more expensive than on any other day.
There is bad habit among retailers which they raise the price and then give discount. So seem like they give big discount although in fact the discounted price is not far from normal price.

Kiro
11-28-2016, 03:11 PM
Erm well... Black is one my most used colors and so to me... Black Friday sounds cool

sister herb
11-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Now this "black friday" has came also to other countries where people don´t celebrate Thanksgiving. It´s nothing else than a day when shops have sales. And we have to think is it un-islamic to go to shopping while there is some sales campaing because non-muslims call it as "black"?

:facepalm:

ardianto
11-28-2016, 04:53 PM
Black Friday in Pakistan. :slap:

There are days in Pakistan that can be used for sales campaign like Independence Day, Pakistan Day, etc. But why they must imitate the West commercial tradition?. :facepalm:

Serinity
11-28-2016, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Now this "black friday" has came also to other countries where people don´t celebrate Thanksgiving. It´s nothing else than a day when shops have sales. And we have to think is it un-islamic to go to shopping while there is some sales campaing because non-muslims call it as "black"?

:facepalm:
I had thoughts like "since it is black friday, or so they call it, is it haram to take advantage of the cheap prices?"...............

Hm, the website said, "buy in for Christmas" which is a kufr intention/thing to do on that intention.. Allahu alam.

mission2succeed
11-28-2016, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Black Friday in Pakistan. :slap:

There are days in Pakistan that can be used for sales campaign like Independence Day, Pakistan Day, etc. But why they must imitate the West commercial tradition?. :facepalm:
LOL

They can't help themselves that's why!

ardianto
11-28-2016, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I had thoughts like "since it is black friday, or so they call it, is it haram to take advantage of the cheap prices?"...............

Hm, the website said, "buy in for Christmas" which is a kufr intention/thing to do on that intention.. Allahu alam.
When launch sales campaign retailers often take an event as momentum. In example, Eid sale, Christmas sale, year end sale. Then, is it haram if Muslims shop in a store that offer Christmas sale?. Of course not, because this sales campaign has nothing to do with Christmas, church, or Christianity. It just a name of campaign.

ardianto
11-28-2016, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mission2succeed
LOL

They can't help themselves that's why!
Since brother MazharShafiq lives in Pakistan I can understand why he is so 'fussy' about Black Friday. I wonder why Pakistan must imitate the West in using Black Friday as moment for sales campaign?.

Scimitar
11-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Every Friday is "GOOD FRIDAY" for Muslims :)

Scimi

Zeal
11-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Friday is high on your imaan day :smokin:

azc
11-28-2016, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
No, I disagree to this proposal

sister herb
11-28-2016, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
Friday is high on your imaan day :smokin:
I agree. We can sure spend it much better than shopping.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.