/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I’m a new converted sister looking for advice and also a way to get a cheep/free hija

Olivia J
11-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Hello, My name is Olivia and I have just been converted from Christianity last month. My neighbor has helped me a lot in my conversion. She has helped me a lot and has been a great friend to me.
Right now I’m looking to start wearing a hijab and was wondering where I could get one that won't cost much. Right now i work minimum wage at a gas station and don’t have much money to spend. Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FarheenBuhari
11-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Where r u frm??

anatolian
11-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Welcome to Islam sister.

If you have already a proper clothing only a head scarf is enough to have

Scimitar
11-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Any scarf can be used sister, just has to cover your hair.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Olivia J
11-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Missouri in The United States

islamirama
11-26-2016, 04:51 PM
:slm:

Try these sites :

https://www.facebook.com/umanasfoundation/
https://www.whyislam.org/contact/

FarheenBuhari
11-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Try to wear a free burkha which Allah likes sister

Yea u can wear it dear what u likes but it should not attract to others especially to men....

And first of all it should cover upto our breast...

DustInWind
11-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Wellcome back. May Allah s.w.t help you.

sister herb
11-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum and welcome to Islam too. May Allah makes your path with Islam beautiful and blessed. About hijab; I think here is somewhere a thread of sending free hijabs to new sisters but I afraid it was for the UK only...

FarheenBuhari
11-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Alhamdulillah... May ALLAH accept all your dua which u will ask...

sister herb
11-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Here it is: https://www.islamicboard.com/new-mus...s-muslims.html

Olivia J
11-26-2016, 08:16 PM
I asked them but the post is two tears old. do they still do it?

BeTheChange
11-26-2016, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Olivia J
I asked them but the post is two tears old. do they still do it?
Sister,

If you feel you have an address where i can post some scarves to i will happily do that for you.

Just let me know your preference in colours and styles please. PM me the details insha Allah.

In the meantime to increase your islamic knowledge & awareness please visit http://www.kalamullah.com/

You can download excellent e-books for FREE and listen to audio lectures for FREE. :D Subhana Allah.

Jazahka Allah.

May Allah swt protect you from all evil Ameen.

Olivia J
11-26-2016, 09:32 PM
thanks for the information i will check out the sites

Search
11-27-2016, 12:21 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Sis, you will be able to PM members after 25 posts. I have some scarves that I can mail you if you PM me your home address after you've reached the quota of posts. So, after that, InshaAllah (God-willing) PM me and I'll be happy to provide you some scarves at the earliest possible date and also will be able to provide you a tracking number so that you know when you're going to be receiving the scarves InshaAllah (God-willing).

:)

Best Wishes,

thanks for the information i will check out the sites
:wa: (And peace be upon you)

*charisma*
11-27-2016, 12:53 AM
Assalamu Alaikum, Welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam!

Hello, My name is Olivia and I have just been converted from Christianity last month. My neighbor has helped me a lot in my conversion. She has helped me a lot and has been a great friend to me.
Right now I’m looking to start wearing a hijab and was wondering where I could get one that won't cost much. Right now i work minimum wage at a gas station and don’t have much money to spend. Thanks
You can practically use any scarf for hijaab. You can go to a clothes store like walmart, shopko, kmart, burlington coat factory etc. and go through their scarf section. Try to get one that is wide enough to cover the back of your neck and your entire head, and long enough that you are able to wrap it around fully 2-3 times. You will also need some straight pins (for pinning on the side) and possibly safety pins (for pinning under chin) which you can get at any sewing section at the stores (or even dollar tree). Try to watch some simple hijaab tutorials so you can envision how long you will need the scarf to be. You can also use a plain bandana/fabric (as a bandana) as an underpiece to cover the majority of your head and then use a scarf to wrap around to cover the back and front of your neck and front of your chest. Sometimes we need the under piece if the scarf keeps sliding off or is not covering our head properly due to the shape :)

*charisma*
11-27-2016, 12:59 AM
@Olivia J

This scarf would be ideal and would work perfectly inshallah: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fashion-L...urple/47466374

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 01:10 AM
thank you i will keep this in mind and i'll get back to you after 25 post

format_quote Originally Posted by DustInWind
Wellcome back. May Allah s.w.t help you.
Thank You

how many post tell i get to full membership status

Aisha
11-27-2016, 01:43 AM
^ 25 meaningful posts. :) posting lots in quick succession will result in them being merged meaning the number goes down so post wisely :D

:welcome: to the forum btw.

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Thank you fpr the information and the welcome

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.