/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a wrong way to pray?

sister_39738
11-29-2016, 11:20 PM
Slightly embarrassed to even ask this considering that I have been muslim for a while but something kind of confuses me. Why is it that different surahs can be said for salat? Since salat has to be said silently no one was able to fully instruct me so I have been using online tutorials.
Here is an example of three different ways to pray salat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiwx_-Ps8ak

http://www.namazzamani.net/english/s_fardh.htm

http://www.muslimconverts.com/prayer...-newmuslim.htm

Also I have been told that women are supposed to pray differently. Besides being fully covered what is it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-29-2016, 11:27 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Why is it that different surahs can be said for salat?
I'm unsure by your question here, can you reiterate?

As for the differences between men and women, the woman's arms and legs should be closer to her body. For example, when performing sujuud, the upper arms should not be open, but close to/touching her sides and the legs should be closer to each other.

EDIT: Here's a more comprehensive list: https://islamqa.info/en/1106

AbuAbdullaImran
12-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Do you follow a school fo fiqh?, as there are slight variations in the way you pray and cover yourself depending on which school of fiqh you follow, ie in the Maliki fiqh you need to cover your feet, in Shafi you have to cover your hands and feet and in Hanafi you don't have to cover either. Also with regards to women praying differently again depending on the school you follow it differs, however the best advice is to pray in a similar way to a male but don't let yourself spread too much during sujood, keep yourself tight.

Slightly embarrassed to even ask this considering that I have been muslim for a while but something kind of confuses me. Why is it that different surahs can be said for salat? Since salat has to be said silently no one was able to fully instruct me so I have been using online tutorials.
Here is an example of three different ways to pray salat:

Also I have been told that women are supposed to pray differently. Besides being fully covered what is it?

sister_39738
12-02-2016, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbuAbdullaImran
Do you follow a school fo fiqh?, as there are slight variations in the way you pray and cover yourself depending on which school of fiqh you follow, ie in the Maliki fiqh you need to cover your feet, in Shafi you have to cover your hands and feet and in Hanafi you don't have to cover either. Also with regards to women praying differently again depending on the school you follow it differs, however the best advice is to pray in a similar way to a male but don't let yourself spread too much during sujood, keep yourself tight.
Well im a sunni muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
12-02-2016, 01:48 AM
Well im a sunni muslim.
follow what charisma posted, inshallah you should be good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.