/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello I look forward to learning

icreepin
11-30-2016, 10:20 PM
I would like to say hello to everyone here while we are all looking for something I hope that our communication will help us all.

I was born and raised in the USA I am a black american. I have went to a catholic school my whole life but went to a baptist church.

In 2012 there was an accident that made me open my eyes and ask myself the question why am I hear? What is love? How do I love?

I have researched and read christian bible, some of the Quran, some of the Torah.

In doing so I find that all three mention the same people and truly talk about the same things although I will admit on the Christian side there are some text that should be but are not in the bible as well as many different names on the Christian bible.

One question I have is with so many of the same people in all of the religious text what is the difference?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
11-30-2016, 11:48 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

The three abrahamic faith are not that different. They are called the Abrahamic faith because all the stem from prophet Abraham. As you know, he had 2 sons, isaac and ishmael. God first sent all the prophets after him from his son isaac all the way down to Jesus (Isa) and after that God sent one last prophet from the lineage of Ishmael. The reason so many people are the same in all texts is because they all believed in the previous revelations and the prophets sent to those nations. What is different, however, is the discrepancies within those religious texts. We believe Quran is the latest revelation and the most up-to-date message from God, thus nullifying all previous texts. While Muslims believe in the previous prophets and in the revelations sent to them, however, believe those revelations became corrupt over time and are no longer reliable. And Quran is last word of God that is still intact and free from corruption and thus the most worthy of being followed.

eesa the kiwi
12-01-2016, 01:17 AM
Have a look at www.islamreligion.com as Alhamdulilah it is a good resource for you to learn a little about islam

icreepin
12-01-2016, 05:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Hello and welcome to the forum.

The three abrahamic faith are not that different. They are called the Abrahamic faith because all the stem from prophet Abraham. As you know, he had 2 sons, isaac and ishmael. God first sent all the prophets after him from his son isaac all the way down to Jesus (Isa) and after that God sent one last prophet from the lineage of Ishmael. The reason so many people are the same in all texts is because they all believed in the previous revelations and the prophets sent to those nations. What is different, however, is the discrepancies within those religious texts. We believe Quran is the latest revelation and the most up-to-date message from God, thus nullifying all previous texts. While Muslims believe in the previous prophets and in the revelations sent to them, however, believe those revelations became corrupt over time and are no longer reliable. And Quran is last word of God that is still intact and free from corruption and thus the most worthy of being followed.

Ok so its not that Islamic followers don't believe in the "Christian writings" its that Islamic followers think that the Islamic text are the last that have came from god and that nullifies the writings that came before.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
12-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Greetings and peace be with you icreepin; and welcome to the forum;

Instead of searching for our differences and striving to find faults in other religions, I believe we should try and find ways to work together. We are all created by the same God, and the same God hears all our prayers, despite all our differences.

It is said in Judaism and Christianity, that God commanded Abraham to sacrifice his son in the region of Mount Moriah. It is also said that God commanded Solomon to build the Temple on Mount Moriah, that will house ‘The Ark of the Covenant’ better known for the Ten Commandments. Jesus prayed on the Temple Mount, and when he healed people he sent them to the Temple to give thanks.

The prophet pbuh ascended to heaven on this same site, associated with Abraham, Moses, Solomon, Jesus and many other prophets.

It seems that God has brought all three religions together in so many ways, and Jerusalem seems to be a place to search for God rather than religion.

In 2009 I had the privilege to go to Jerusalem, Most of the Christian holy places are within the Muslim quarters of Jerusalem, this in turn is surrounded by the Jews. I stood by the Wailing Wall, which is a sacred place to the Jews. But when you look above the wall, you see the golden dome of ‘The Dome of the Rock, and the Al Aqsa sacred to Islam. As you queue up to go up to the mosque from the Jewish side, there is a sign that says – God is always present here.

God could have made our lives much easier if he had placed our three religions a thousand miles apart, but is seems that God has some greater purpose by bringing all three religions together in one place.

But why would God link all these things together on the Temple Mount?

The closet analogy can I think of is this. It is like a parent with three young children, the parents save up for ages to buy the latest play station and when it arrives they set it up. The parents say to the children, play nicely together and the parents leave the room. The best result would be for the children to share and play together, but often with mankind, it seems in our nature to fight for a greater possession of the things we want.

The same God clearly made this site sacred to our three religions, I believe as a lesson on how we should find ways to respect each other despite our differences.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of One God

Eric

Al Sultan
12-01-2016, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by icreepin
Islamic followers don't believe in the "Christian writings" its that Islamic followers think that the Islamic text are the last that have came from god and that nullifies the writings that came before.
The way you said it makes it look like as if God did not exist.

You need to understand that ISLAM is from God, It's not the "islamc followers" that "think" that's just wrong. We never "think" of something then make it on our own, WE listen and accept what GOD told us in the Quran, GOD himself said that The Quran is the LAST revelation from God, And it is true, Look at today's religion,Is there any who claim to have a revelation from God? no.

Christianity, Jesus (PBUH) , Mary,all of them,have a good reputation in Islam,And they are respected.Except for the Bible,It's said it was sent as a guidance but it got corrupted later on.

No muslim is a muslim if he doesn't believe in Jesus's miracles,and his miraculous birth.

We do not believe ALL of the bible,we believe in some of it,like the prophecies, the teaching of love and peace,that we agree on.God never said THE ENTIRE BIBLE is corrupted,He never said that,He said it is corrupted but it doesn't take a genius to know that OF COURSE there are some verses which talk about peace love and mercy.

If god says Quran is the last message to earth for guidance and belief in one god,and islam,Then it is.Sikhism isn't included because it's a man made religion. (Not to forget they believe in reincarnation aswell)

But in Islam,we are required to respect all religions (Christianity,judaism) and show love and mercy and peace to everyone,whatever prophet mohammed taught us,it is from god,not from mohammed himself,because then why did it take 2000 years or so for arabia to become civilized? arabia was an animal like nation..

Al Sultan
12-01-2016, 01:19 PM
It's because it's the same message: Believe in one god.

And it's because the bible changes,and it's not only one book,its a collection of books.

icreepin
12-01-2016, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
The way you said it makes it look like as if God did not exist.

You need to understand that ISLAM is from God, It's not the "islamc followers" that "think" that's just wrong. We never "think" of something then make it on our own, WE listen and accept what GOD told us in the Quran, GOD himself said that The Quran is the LAST revelation from God, And it is true, Look at today's religion,Is there any who claim to have a revelation from God? no.

Christianity, Jesus (PBUH) , Mary,all of them,have a good reputation in Islam,And they are respected.Except for the Bible,It's said it was sent as a guidance but it got corrupted later on.

No muslim is a muslim if he doesn't believe in Jesus's miracles,and his miraculous birth.

We do not believe ALL of the bible,we believe in some of it,like the prophecies, the teaching of love and peace,that we agree on.God never said THE ENTIRE BIBLE is corrupted,He never said that,He said it is corrupted but it doesn't take a genius to know that OF COURSE there are some verses which talk about peace love and mercy.

If god says Quran is the last message to earth for guidance and belief in one god,and islam,Then it is.Sikhism isn't included because it's a man made religion. (Not to forget they believe in reincarnation aswell)

But in Islam,we are required to respect all religions (Christianity,judaism) and show love and mercy and peace to everyone,whatever prophet mohammed taught us,it is from god,not from mohammed himself,because then why did it take 2000 years or so for arabia to become civilized? arabia was an animal like nation..

So what your saying is that there is some believe in the Christian bible just not a whole believe as somethings have changed and some Christian writings are not in the bible which should be.

A little earlier you said that Muslims believe in Jesus and everything he has done OK with things being like that then how can there be Muslim, Christian and Jewish religion if all believe in the same things then why the separation?

aaj
12-01-2016, 10:15 PM
So what your saying is that there is some believe in the Christian bible just not a whole believe as somethings have changed and some Christian writings are not in the bible which should be.
Islam is a not a new religion but a continuation of the God's Message. Muslims believe in the revelation of the previous books. By previous books , we mean the Torah, Gospels and Psalms. The Bible is not a revelation book, it is a collection of books and letters but it's regarded as the de facto "religious" book of christians. You are right that the bible doesn't contain all of the christian believes, it's missing gosphels of Barnabas (http://barnabas.net/) and it has additions not from God.

It's not some, rather all Muslims believe in Jesus as a Prophet and a Messenger from God, as were those sent before him. And the religious texts have changed over time. Whatever from it coincides with the Quran is the truth and whatever contradicts is where it was changed. You can read more about it here :

https://islamqa.info/en/197537

A little earlier you said that Muslims believe in Jesus and everything he has done OK with things being like that then how can there be Muslim, Christian and Jewish religion if all believe in the same things then why the separation?
All the Prophets that came from Isaac were sent to the Israelite. They were all sent to one nation of people. The Jews had corrupted their books and their hearts had become rigid and hard. Jesus was sent to them to soften their hearts. He didn't say he comes with a new religion, he says he comes to affirm what was sent before and soften their hearts. But the Jews rejected him. They wanted a prophet like Moses who would fight their enemies and give them power, not a heart softener. While they rejected Jesus, all the others embraced him and accepted him. Those others became to be known as Christians. Had the Jews believe in Jesus and accepted him, there wouldn't be Jews and Christians, there would be online one group. Jesus foretold of Muhammad (:saws1:) as the next and final Prophet from God. Even said one like Moses will come after him. When Muhammad :saws1: came, those who were true to their beliefs accepted him as the next and final Prophet from God and because Muslims. Those who rejected him remained Jews or Christians. That is why we have separation. We believe in the same God and the angels, heaven, hell , etc. We differ in that the previous followers didn't upgrade to the next version of Monotheism.

Al Sultan
12-02-2016, 05:32 AM
I believe aaj's reply to you was good, It was just that they got kind of corrupted over time.

Eric H
12-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Greetings and peace be with you icreepin;

how can there be Muslim, Christian and Jewish religion if all believe in the same things then why the separation?
There is only 'One Jesus'; so why the separation between thousands of Christian denomination? If you can find an answer to this, you may come to understand why there are three profoundly similar religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric

Al Sultan
12-02-2016, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you icreepin;

There is only 'One Jesus'; so why the separation between thousands of Christian denomination? If you can find an answer to this, you may come to understand why there are three profoundly similar religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Eric
Eric,I want to ask,Do you believe that Jesus is God ? or do you believe he's the son of God ?

greenhill
12-02-2016, 10:49 AM
……..

Welcome to the forum.

aaj has said it nicely in post #9 ...

I'd like to add to that and it goes way back to the creation of Adam (pbuh). Satan reaction to Adam's creation caused him to be outcasted and became the accursed. Satan vowed to lead mankind astray from Allah's message(s). Hence the difficulties most prophets faced when delivering the Divine message. All the work of Satan including the split in the religion.

It should have been one continuous message … (proving that Satan is doing his bidding).

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Eric H
12-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Al Sultan;

Eric,I want to ask,Do you believe that Jesus is God ? or do you believe he's the son of God ?
Despite our obvious differences, I have a profound respect for my Muslim brothers and sisters here, you have a great faith in God, you pray, fast, take modesty seriously and you look forwards to meeting Allah.

Eric

Al Sultan
12-05-2016, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Despite our obvious differences, I have a profound respect for my Muslim brothers and sisters here, you have a great faith in God, you pray, fast, take modesty seriously and you look forwards to meeting Allah.
Thank you,and we respect you too! :statisfie

I am sorry if that was a private question,i just wanted to ask, and I cant then I understand why.

muslim brother
12-17-2016, 12:30 PM
:wa:

fschmidt
12-18-2016, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
We believe Quran is the latest revelation and the most up-to-date message from God, thus nullifying all previous texts.
Is there anything in the Quran that says that all previous texts have been nullified?

Delete.
12-18-2016, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fschmidt
Is there anything in the Quran that says that all previous texts have been nullified?
A'salamu alaykum.

Allah says that these Books have been distorted and changed by humans. It is mentioned in the Qur'an, thus they are "null" (we don't take legal laws, etc. from them). Allah revealed the Qur'an with the Truth, and we have everything we need to know within It, there is no need for the previous scriptures, thus they are "null".

"Is it not sufficient for them that We have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'an) which is recited to them? Verily, herein is mercy and a reminder (or an admonition) for a people who believe." Surah al-'Ankaboot 29:51]

The Sahaba, radhiAllahu anhum, themselves forbade studying any other book than the Qur'an.

Ibn 'Abbaas said:
How can you ask the people of the Book about anything, when your Book that was revealed to the Messenger of Allah salaAllahu alayhi wa salam is more recent, and you read it pure and not tampered with? And He has told you that the People of the Book altered the Book of Allah and changed it, and they wrote the Book with their own hands, and said that it is from Allah, to purchase with it a little price. Does not the knowledge that has come to you forbid you to ask them about anything? No, by Allah, we have not seen any man among them ask you about that which was revealed to you." al-Bukhaari (7363)

I am sure you can read more about this. There is a lot on it by some major scholars.

Allah knows best.

Delete.
12-18-2016, 01:09 AM
I have researched and read christian bible, some of the Quran, some of the Torah.

In doing so I find that all three mention the same people and truly talk about the same things although I will admit on the Christian side there are some text that should be but are not in the bible as well as many different names on the Christian bible.

One question I have is with so many of the same people in all of the religious text what is the difference?
A'salamu alaykum. Because the previous Scriptures, before the Qur'an, were altered by humans, they began mixing the Truth with falsehood. So these are not reliable. The Qur'an is the Final Revelation of Allah, and unaltered. This is the difference. Allah knows best.

islamirama
12-18-2016, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by fschmidt

Allah the All-Mighty Says (what means):

"This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [Quran 5:3]

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the life to come he shall be among the losers.” [Quran 3:85].

Originally Posted by Cherub786

No, on the contrary, the Qur’an states its purpose is to confirm and act as a Muhaymin (guardian) for the Torah.

Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah, and they were witnesses thereto. So do not fear the people but fear Me, and do not exchange My verses for a small price. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers. (Holy Quran; Surah 5: 44)
Stop misguiding the people with your lack of knowledge. Quran confirms the REVELATIONS of previous scriptures, not their purity.

Do you (faithful believers) covet that they will believe in your religion inspite of the fact that a party of them (Jewish rabbis) used to hear the Word of Allah [the Taurat (Torah)], then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it? [2:75]

And indeed, there is among them a party who alter the Scripture with their tongues so you may think it is from the Scripture, but it is not from the Scripture. And they say, "This is from Allah ," but it is not from Allah . And they speak untruth about Allah while they know. [3:78]

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allah," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby. (2:79)

"And they attribute falsely without knowledge sons and daughters to Him. Be He Glorified! (For He is) above what they attribute to Him! He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have a son when He has no wife? He created all things, and He has full knowledge of everything. Such is Allah, your Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Creator of all things. So worship Him (Alone). And He has the power to dispose of all affairs. No vision can grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Subtle, Well-Aware.” [Quran 6:100-103]

Narrated Ubaidullah: Ibn 'Abbas said, "Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you!" (Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 461)

Narrated 'Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah: 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas said, "O the group of Muslims! How can you ask the people of the Scriptures about anything while your Book which Allah has revealed to your Prophet contains the most recent news from Allah and is pure and not distorted? Allah has told you that the people of the Scriptures have changed some of Allah's Books and distorted it and wrote something with their own hands and said, 'This is from Allah, so as to have a minor gain for it. Won't the knowledge that has come to you stop you from asking them? No, by Allah, we have never seen a man from them asking you about that (the Book Al-Qur'an ) which has been revealed to you. (Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 614)

AabiruSabeel
12-18-2016, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cherub786
You may be surprised to know that no where in the Holy Qur'an does it explicitly state that the Torah, for example, has been interpolated or that it's text has been corrupted.
That is wrong. There are plenty of places in the Qur'an where Allah :swt: says about the previous scriptures that they have been altered and interpolated.

Allah :swt: says:
أَفَتَطْمَعُونَ أَن يُؤْمِنُوا لَكُمْ وَقَدْ كَانَ فَرِيقٌ مِّنْهُمْ يَسْمَعُونَ كَلَامَ اللَّهِ ثُمَّ يُحَرِّفُونَهُ مِن بَعْدِ مَا عَقَلُوهُ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
Do you covet [the hope, O believers], that they would believe for you while a party of them used to hear the words of Allah and then distort the Torah after they had understood it while they were knowing? [2:75]

Qutaadah said: “The phrase ‘then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it’ refers to the Jews, who used to hear the words of Allaah, then they altered it after they had understood what it meant.”

Abu ‘Aaliyah said: “They took what Allaah had revealed in their Book describing Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and changed its meaning.” Ibn Zayd said: “The phrase ‘[they] used to hear the Word of Allaah (the Tawraat), then they used to change it’ refers to the Tawraat which Allaah revealed to them; they changed it, making what it permitted forbidden, and what was forbidden allowed, changing the truth to falsehood and falsehood to truth…” [Tafseer Ibn Katheer]

فَوَيْلٌ لِّلَّذِينَ يَكْتُبُونَ الْكِتَابَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ ثُمَّ يَقُولُونَ هَٰذَا مِنْ عِندِ اللَّهِ لِيَشْتَرُوا بِهِ ثَمَنًا قَلِيلًا ۖ فَوَيْلٌ لَّهُم مِّمَّا كَتَبَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَوَيْلٌ لَّهُم مِّمَّا يَكْسِبُونَ
So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn. [2:79]

وَإِنَّ مِنْهُمْ لَفَرِيقًا يَلْوُونَ أَلْسِنَتَهُم بِالْكِتَابِ لِتَحْسَبُوهُ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَمَا هُوَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَيَقُولُونَ هُوَ مِنْ عِندِ اللَّهِ وَمَا هُوَ مِنْ عِندِ اللَّهِ وَيَقُولُونَ عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
And indeed, there is among them a party who alter the Scripture with their tongues so you may think it is from the Scripture, but it is not from the Scripture. And they say, "This is from Allah ," but it is not from Allah . And they speak untruth about Allah while they know. [3:78]

Allah :swt: also says:

مِّنَ الَّذِينَ هَادُوا يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ عَن مَّوَاضِعِهِ وَيَقُولُونَ سَمِعْنَا وَعَصَيْنَا وَاسْمَعْ غَيْرَ مُسْمَعٍ وَرَاعِنَا لَيًّا بِأَلْسِنَتِهِمْ وَطَعْنًا فِي الدِّينِ ۚ وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا وَاسْمَعْ وَانظُرْنَا لَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَّهُمْ وَأَقْوَمَ وَلَٰكِن لَّعَنَهُمُ اللَّهُ بِكُفْرِهِمْ فَلَا يُؤْمِنُونَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا
Among the Jews are those who distort words from their [proper] usages and say, "We hear and disobey" and "Hear but be not heard" and "Ra'ina," twisting their tongues and defaming the religion. And if they had said [instead], "We hear and obey" and "Wait for us [to understand]," it would have been better for them and more suitable. But Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, except for a few. [4:46]

Allah :swt: says:

فَبِمَا نَقْضِهِم مِّيثَاقَهُمْ لَعَنَّاهُمْ وَجَعَلْنَا قُلُوبَهُمْ قَاسِيَةً ۖ يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ عَن مَّوَاضِعِهِ ۙ وَنَسُوا حَظًّا مِّمَّا ذُكِّرُوا بِهِ ۚ وَلَا تَزَالُ تَطَّلِعُ عَلَىٰ خَائِنَةٍ مِّنْهُمْ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا مِّنْهُمْ ۖ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَاصْفَحْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
So for their breaking of the covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They distort words from their [proper] usages and have forgotten a portion of that of which they were reminded. And you will still observe deceit among them, except a few of them. But pardon them and overlook [their misdeeds]. Indeed, Allah loves the doers of good. [5:13]

AabiruSabeel
12-18-2016, 11:43 PM
I said the Torah specifically has never been explicitly mentioned as being Munharif (interpolated) anywhere in the Qur’an.
This Verse you quoted (2:75) does not mention the word Torah.
You can deny as much as you want, but the passage is speaking about the Jews and the scripture in this passage refers to the Torah.

Delete.
12-19-2016, 03:22 AM
حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ الْهَمْدَانِيُّ ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ ، حَدَّثَنِي هِشَامُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ ، أَنَّ زَيْدَ بْنَ أَسْلَمَ حَدَّثَهُ ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ ، قَالَ : أَتَى نَفَرٌ مِنْ يَهُودَ فَدَعَوْا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِلَى الْقُفِّ فَأَتَاهُمْ فِي بَيْتِ الْمِدْرَاسِ ، فَقَالُوا : " يَا أَبَا الْقَاسِمِ إِنَّ رَجُلًا مِنَّا زَنَى بِامْرَأَةٍ ، فَاحْكُمْ بَيْنَهُمْ ، فَوَضَعُوا لِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وِسَادَةً فَجَلَسَ عَلَيْهَا ، ثُمَّ قَالَ : ائْتُونيِ بِالتَّوْرَاةِ فَأُتِيَ بِهَا ، فَنَزَعَ الْوِسَادَةَ مِنْ تَحْتِهِ فَوَضَعَ التَّوْرَاةَ عَلَيْهَا ، ثُمَّ قَالَ : آمَنْتُ بِكِ وَبِمَنْ أَنْزَلَكِ ، ثُمَّ قَالَ : ائْتُونِي بِأَعْلَمِكُمْ ، فَأُتِيَ بِفَتًى شَابٍّ "

Sunan Abi Dawud: Kitab al Hudud; Bab Fee Rajm al-Yahudiyain

Didn't you mention the authority of Ibn Hazm in another one of your posts?

He (ibn Hazm) said: "As for the report in which the Prophet (salaAllahu alayhi wa salam) took the Tawrah and said: "I believe in thee", it is a fabricated false report that did not reach us with proper chain of transmission (from Al-Fisal fe al-Milal wa al-Ahwaa wa al-Nihal 1/237)

All of the other transmissions of this Hadith have absolutely no mention of Nabi salaAllahu alayhi wa salam praising the Tawrah.

Regardless, you contradicted yourself. Another scholar whom you have mentioned the reliability of, Ibn Kathir, said in his Tafseer, "These Hadiths state that the Messenger of Allah issued a decision that conforms with the ruling in the Tawrah, not to honor the Jews in what they believe in, for the Jews were commanded to follow the Law of Muhammad only. Rather, the Prophet did this because Allah commanded him to do so. He asked them about the ruling of stoning in the Tawrah to make them admit to what the Tawrah contains and what they collaborated to hide, deny and exclude from implementing for all that time. They had to admit to what they did, although they did it while having knowledge of the correct ruling..."

And this was the explanation of Qur'an 5:41

There is so much evidence from the Qur'an and Sunnah that "nullifies" the previous Scriptures, and if you know the definition of the word "null" this would be absolutely clear. I don't know how it is even arguable. And I really do advise you to fear Allah before you continue posting without knowledge.

Allah knows best.

AabiruSabeel
12-19-2016, 04:10 AM
However, understand my point. The Torah which he Jews read from today, in their Hebrew scrolls, is still to be referred to as Torah and respected, as I proved from the Sunnah. This indicates that even if the Torah which the Jews read from today has been interpolated, it must be a very minimal interpolation so that the text can still be referred to by the name “Torah”.
The Torah that existed with the Jews of Madinah during the time of Rasulullah :saws: might have been the original one. See this https://islamqa.info/ar/216734

As Muslims, we believe in all the previous scriptures revealed by Allah :swt: and we respect them. But the existing ones today are no longer in their original form.

قال شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية رحمه الله :ـ
" قِيلَ : لَيْسَ فِي الْعَالِمِ نُسْخَةٌ بِنَفْسِ مَا أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ وَالْإِنْجِيلِ ؛ بَلْ ذَلِكَ مُبَدَّلٌ ؛ فَإِنَّ التَّوْرَاةَ انْقَطَعَ تَوَاتُرُهَا ، وَالْإِنْجِيلَ إنَّمَا أُخِذَ عَنْ أَرْبَعَةٍ . ثُمَّ مِنْ هَؤُلَاءِ مَنْ زَعَمَ أَنَّ كَثِيرًا مِمَّا فِي التَّوْرَاةِ أَوْ الْإِنْجِيلِ بَاطِلٌ لَيْسَ مِنْ كَلَامِ اللَّهِ ، وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ قَالَ : بَلْ ذَلِكَ قَلِيلٌ . وَقِيلَ لَمْ يُحَرِّفْ أَحَدٌ شَيْئًا مِنْ حُرُوفِ الْكُتُبِ وَإِنَّمَا حَرَّفُوا مَعَانِيَهَا بِالتَّأْوِيلِ ، وَهَذَانِ الْقَوْلَانِ قَالَ كُلًّا مِنْهُمَا كَثِيرٌ مِنْ الْمُسْلِمِينَ ، وَالصَّحِيحُ الْقَوْلُ الثَّالِث ُ، وَهُوَ أَنَّ فِي الْأَرْضِ نُسَخًا صَحِيحَةً وَبَقِيَتْ إلَى عَهْدِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَنُسَخًا كَثِيرَةً مُحَرَّفَةً " انتهى من "مجموع الفتاوى" (13/ 103-104)

Delete.
12-19-2016, 03:22 PM
When it comes to the grading of Hadith, Ibn Hazm is a poor choice to refer to. I’m sure you know that Ibn Hazm was not even aware of the existence of the Jami’ al-Tirmidhi.
You completely ignored the rest of my post, as you did in other threads as well (not just to me). Your tactic seems to be to ignore the most relevant topics of discussion.

Many of your posts are misleading and innovative. Fear the Day you will be held accountable. It's not my motive to force you to accept any view that you do not agree with, but my advice to you is to open your mind and when sound knowledge comes to you, don't blindly debate it based on personal views and interpretations.

Anyways, forgive me for the sake of Allah if I offend you, and excuse me from any further conversation. I have seen you are capable of being knowledgeable enough to know for yourself what agrees with the Qur'an and Sunnah, and what doesn't.

Allah knows best. Fi aman Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.