/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is haram joking/humor and halal humor/joking?

Serinity
11-30-2016, 11:00 PM
:salam:

From what I know, joking about the deen of Allah, in any way, is kufr.

So as long as it isn't making fun of someone, or down-grading, etc. it is halal?

Allahu alam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
11-30-2016, 11:30 PM
I suppose sex jokes would also be haram....because they're not modest....also, I think racist jokes would be haram

islamirama
11-30-2016, 11:52 PM
:wasalam:

1 – It not should not involve any element of making fun of Islam.
2 – The jokes should only be truthful.
3 – Not scaring people
4 – Not Mocking people by winking behind their backs or making snide remarks
5 – The jokes should not be excessive.
6 – Acknowledging people’s status - Do not joke indiscriminately with everyone
7 – The amount of joking should be like the amount of salt in one’s food.
8 – It should not involve backbiting.
9 – Choosing appropriate times for joking - there time for jokes

Details at https://islamqa.info/en/22170

Serinity
12-01-2016, 08:31 PM
:salam:

JazakAllah khayr. So only jokes while saying the truth. But of course not by making fun of people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim brother
12-01-2016, 09:15 PM
more muslims need a sense of humour
its healthy
to be too serious in life is not good.
our prophet :saws: had the best sense of humour too,as he was the best of men.
his teeth would shine,
humour heals,unfortunately nowadays i see too many serious muslims.

tests are a part of life,being angry and reactive all the time is a big problem with many.
along with carrying guilt for the whole worlds troubles.wayy too common and of no use

AbuAbdullaImran
12-01-2016, 09:18 PM
A sense of humour is good for the heart, but as with anything in life, all in moderation. However some people have a very weird sense of humour where they are actually humiliating or hurting another person and don't even realise, so we should all strive to stay positive and maintain a sense of humour without hurting anyone.

Aaqib
12-04-2016, 12:37 AM
What about making a rude comment at someone but it's a joke and they are not offended?

Aaqib
12-13-2016, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
What about making a rude comment at someone but it's a joke and they are not offended?
Never got answered, sadly

islamirama
12-14-2016, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Bro, it is islamically not appropriate to make such remarks, even if others find it funny and not offensive. The receiver may not find it offensive but others around may find it offensive. Plus it also puts a negative image of you as a Muslim in terms of your language and manners of joking. If it helps, think of it like would my mom approve if she was present.

ruglifeTX
12-17-2016, 01:00 PM
I've always been told that joking and humor should be kind hearted. That way the joke brings happiness . That obviously isn't a scholarly answer to this question but maybe an easy way to look at it.

muslim brother
12-19-2016, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ruglifeTX
I've always been told that joking and humor should be kind hearted. That way the joke brings happiness . That obviously isn't a scholarly answer to this question but maybe an easy way to look at it.
alhamdulillah

sometimes people use smileys on here to lighten the mood;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.