/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My dad got mad at me for having a panic attack....

Mustafa16
12-03-2016, 09:39 PM
My dad was visiting me for the first time in a year, and doesn't believe that I have panic attacks, even though my doctor says I do, and my Licensed Clinical Social Worker say I do....today,i was hanging out with him at a restaurant, and everything was going smoothly, but then i started having a panic attack.....he got mad at me, and I got him to take me home because i was tired of him....(btw, my psychiatrist took me off of the prozac, and said i have to stop taking antidepressants for two weeks and then start my new one).....he later asked me over the phone if I was sure i didnt want to hang out with him, and i said yes, and he said he believes i have panic attacks, but he doesn't believe the symptoms i was exhibiting were that of a panic attack....(eyes rolling into head, chronic eye pain, looking up at the ceiling uncontrollably) EDIT: It is worth pointing out that he said if I don't "stop my nonsense" he'll take me home....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-03-2016, 09:59 PM
This same happens sometimes when some people don´t believe that mental problems even exist. In some cultures kind of mental problems are usually felt as something what´s needed to hide or deny. I have friends from few countries in the Middle East area and there too people prefer to hide their problems. People afraid that others would isolate them from the social life if they openly would admit they have kind of problems.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.