/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Now disaster happen in Muslim land (Aceh earthquake)

ardianto
12-07-2016, 08:55 AM
:sl:

At first, I am really sorry if I sound like have no sympathy to disaster victims. But I don't mean like this. I just want to warn Muslims who easy to conclude that disaster is azaab (punishment) from Allah.

I notice, when disaster happen in non-Muslim land, there are always Muslims who easily say that disaster is azaab. Including few Muslims in this forum too. And today earthquake happen in Aceh, the only province in Indonesia that implement Sharia, the Islamic province. Dozens people died, many building damaged. But, anybody dare to say that this earthquake is azaab?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
12-07-2016, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

At first, I am really sorry if I sound like have no sympathy to disaster victims. But I don't mean like this. I just want to warn Muslims who easy to conclude that disaster is azaab (punishment) from Allah.

I notice, when disaster happen in non-Muslim land, there are always Muslims who easily say that disaster is azaab. Including few Muslims in this forum too. And today earthquake happen in Aceh, the only province in Indonesia that implement Sharia, the Islamic province. Dozens people died, many building damaged. But, anybody dare to say that this earthquake is azaab?.
:sl: bro wallahul aalam but see this hadiths

Dawud :: Book 35 : Hadith 4265

Narrated AbuMusa:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: This people of mine is one to which mercy is shown. It will have no punishment in the next world, but its punishment in this world will be trials, earthquakes and being killed.

The inside story only Allah knows , was this a test for them or an Azaab for them. But I recall the tsunami in 2004 which was very destructive but a more stronger earthquake in a more shallower and nearer to Acheh took place ( i dont remember when exactly) and a strongest tsunami ALERT than 2004 was announced for the whole SE Asia (since my interests are in phuket ) predicted with more possible destruction than 2004 was expected that send cramps on to my stomach BUT SUBHANALLAH NOTHING HAPPENED as Allah helped in 2004 too Alhamdulilah since we give zakat regularly. my guess & justification was all would have run to masjids and went in prostration and i later I saw the news which was exactly like i thought including non muslims who ran to masjid and fell in prayer. So Allah ar rahman removed the worst danger I suppose as Allah did with Kaum al Yunus A.S.

So when people are just doing lip service and not from their hearts this still could happen & if their hearts loose mercy towards its brethren (inspite of following Islam ) such things could happen is my guess, But Still Its a guess ONLY ALLAH KNOWS.

azc
12-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Only Allah swt knows best.

muslim brother
12-07-2016, 02:08 PM
the same situation..ie earthquake ,flood ,any disaster
can be a trial and punishment for some
and a mercy to others
it is the reaction to it which makes it positive or negative

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
12-07-2016, 02:34 PM
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...er=3&verse=141

concentrate on the last part of this link

noraina
12-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Allahu a'lam. Allah swt knows best what was the cause of this earthquake.

May Allah swt grant those who have died a place in Jannah and may He give those who have survived strength and patience. Ameen.

Serinity
12-07-2016, 04:25 PM
:salam:

In shaa' Allah, Shaheed.

may Allah make us firm and steadfast on His deen. Ameen. Only Allah knows the outcome of that.

This world is a passing illusion. It is a blessing to die / get killed in Allah's way. (I.e. die on Allah's Cause / Path.)

Allahu alam.

ardianto
12-07-2016, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl: bro wallahul aalam but see this hadiths

Dawud :: Book 35 : Hadith 4265

Narrated AbuMusa:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: This people of mine is one to which mercy is shown. It will have no punishment in the next world, but its punishment in this world will be trials, earthquakes and being killed.

The inside story only Allah knows , was this a test for them or an Azaab for them. But I recall the tsunami in 2004 which was very destructive but a more stronger earthquake in a more shallower and nearer to Acheh took place ( i dont remember when exactly) and a strongest tsunami ALERT than 2004 was announced for the whole SE Asia (since my interests are in phuket ) predicted with more possible destruction than 2004 was expected that send cramps on to my stomach BUT SUBHANALLAH NOTHING HAPPENED as Allah helped in 2004 too Alhamdulilah since we give zakat regularly. my guess & justification was all would have run to masjids and went in prostration and i later I saw the news which was exactly like i thought including non muslims who ran to masjid and fell in prayer. So Allah ar rahman removed the worst danger I suppose as Allah did with Kaum al Yunus A.S.

So when people are just doing lip service and not from their hearts this still could happen & if their hearts loose mercy towards its brethren (inspite of following Islam ) such things could happen is my guess, But Still Its a guess ONLY ALLAH KNOWS.
:wa:

I am talking about earthquake that happened today in Aceh, not tsunami that happened in 2004. In last report seven hours ago the death toll had reached 94. Now maybe more than a hundred. And this happen in the Muslim land.

I created this thread to remind Muslims to not easily say that natural disaster is punishment from Allah when it happened in non-Muslim land, because natural disaster can be happen anywhere, including in Muslim land too.

aaj
12-07-2016, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:wa:

I am talking about earthquake that happened today in Aceh, not tsunami that happened in 2004. In last report seven hours ago the death toll had reached 94. Now maybe more than a hundred. And this happen in the Muslim land.

I created this thread to remind Muslims to not easily say that natural disaster is punishment from Allah when it happened in non-Muslim land, because natural disaster can be happen anywhere, including in Muslim land too.
Muslims can be punished by Allah as well, not just non-Muslims. And he already answered it with this:

Narrated AbuMusa:

talibilm
12-07-2016, 10:22 PM

Just comparing to trials of Allah in many forms and people's response and the OUTCOME decides whether is a Trial towards Allah's mercy or increase in kufar (as Allah says in the above verse in post #5 ) or Azaab whether they become more pious or rebellious or still RECKLESS, Heedless ?. Dying in a building or home collapse is a Martyr. So it can be both ways. Only Allah knows. Earthquakes in the sea triggers tsunami is is known fact. Allah also says here

32:21 '' And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return.

talibilm
12-08-2016, 01:31 AM
This verse is normally overlooked in such situations of trials & azaab.

32:21 '' And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return. ''

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.