/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Needing advice to become a better Muslim since past mistakes have affect my faith

DarkMind
12-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Salaam,

I am here today to seek advice from my problem which I have caused upon myself.

I have committed so many major sins throughout the years and now I have completely destroyed my iman and I can't blame anyone but myself. Now I am a complete hypocrite and saying kufr in my heart this ranges from rude words about my deen, really bad thought and so on. God gave me everything and now I don't know what I am anymore I fight these thoughts but sometimes I utter them by mistake instantly. I really hate myself since this is all my fault.

I don't want to expose myself like this since it isn't really the best thing to do but all I want Is advice I don't want to be a kafir or a hypocrite I don't even know if I have committed the sin or not but I really have given up on my past but I feel really bad because I lack the faith and emotion even though I still pray everyday.

I just want to know can I be forgiven?
How can become a better Muslim?
Have I fallen into kufr? What should I do if I have fallen by mistake?

Thanks for reading I just don't want to go to hell

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
12-07-2016, 07:47 PM
I always wonder why don't people thinkg about hell before they go down that path rather then afterwards.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, when the servant commits a sin a black spot appears upon his heart. If he abandons the sin, seeks forgiveness, and repents, then his heart will be polished. If he returns to the sin, the blackness will be increased until it overcomes his heart. It is the covering that Allah has mentioned: No, but on their hearts is a covering because of what they have earned.” (83:14)

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 3334

:wasalam:

Thanks for reading I just don't want to go to hell
So long as you are breathing, you can ask for forgiveness. Allah is very merciful and will accept a sincere repentance.

To become a better Muslim, you have to study Islam and live it in principle and not just go through the motions (like salah). Read the Quran with translation (if you're not arabic native) and reflect over what Allah says in there. Read on What islam says in relation to developing adabs and character accepting of Islam. Read up on articles on getting eman back in your heart.

Here are some links to check out inshallah:

Sins and its effects
https://islamqa.info/en/23425

Purification of the heart
http://abuaminaelias.com/purificatio...soul-in-islam/

If you have said or done things that leads one out of the fold of Islam then you may have fallen into kufr. You will have to repent and restate your shahadah to renew your Islam.

drac16
12-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Wa alaykum salam

You're already halfway there. Half of repentance is acknowledging that you made a mistake. The prophet said "All of the children of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent" (sunan ibn Majah). Have faith in the fact that Allah is Merciful. There are people who are far worse than you, but the invitation to be forgiven is still there. Allah azza wa jal is still willing to forgive people, no matter what sins they've done. His mercy is more potent than your sinfulness. Never is there a point where someone is too sinful to be forgiven.

I ignored God for the first 21 years of my life and I sinned countless times, but He forgave me. He can do the same for you.

muslim brother
12-19-2016, 04:42 PM
theres a saying every saint has a past
every sinner a future

islam is full of hope and forgiveness

rely on allahs mercy and try to be the best you can

hazrat fuzayl r.a. was a great notorious thief and many others have "histories"
the problem is today many self righteous muslims wont even allow anyone to be a weak muslim
self righteousness and anger is destroying the ummah today

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Delete.
12-19-2016, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DarkMind
Wa alaykum a'salam.

Yes, Allah forgives all sins. Do not despair in His Mercy. Seek His forgiveness constantly.
Repent with a sincere repentance and turn back to Allah. Don't go back to your sins, and if you do, continue to repent.
Repeat your Shahadah, say La ilaha illAllah. Say it with your heart.

Our Deen is easy, don't beat yourself up. We are all sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent. Jahanam will be full of the arrogant ones who didn't seek forgiveness from Allah, and Jannah will be full of the sinners who did repent, and who turned back to Allah.

Keep praying, it's so good to know you didn't give up your prayer. Keep praying even if you have to force yourself. If you are firm on wanting to become better, Allah will surely help you.

Seek refuge in Allah from shaytan when you have evil thoughts. We have to actively strive to fight our nafs and waswas. It's not easy to purify our minds and hearts from the aftermath of our sins, it is an active effort. We have to constantly work at it. It's exhausting but keep striving and may Allah accept it as a Jihad from you.

Just go back to Allah, in any way that is easy for you. You can become a better Muslim by just trying to be better than you were yesterday. Eventually, in shaa Allah, you will be far from your past, and Allah will embrace you with His Mercy for striving towards Him.

Fi aman Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.