/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Travelling is a form of punishment

azc
12-10-2016, 02:45 AM
“Travelling is a form of punishment/difficulty. It deprives a person of his food, drink and sleep. When he finishes his task/needs, he should hurry back to his family”... (Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 1804 and Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 1927)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
12-10-2016, 04:09 AM
:sl:

even todays travelling is hectic and I hate travelling so Imagine those days in the desert with camels :exhausted

azc
12-10-2016, 05:24 AM
^Wa alaikum assalam brother.very true

ardianto
12-10-2016, 05:47 AM
:sl:

Every hadith has asbab al wurud, or the cause (asbab) that made this hadith occur/appear. And I believe that asbab behind this hadith relate to specific case of travelling that happened in Rasulullah (saw) time, not refer to all kind of travelling in general because travelling can be fun too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
12-21-2016, 03:01 PM
^I've not read its shan e wurood though, but in travelling difficulties are often faced. However, some people enjoy the travelling in this age and you appear to be one of them. Keep in mind it was too difficult centuries ago when people had to travel by camel/horse or on foot. Sometimes Travellers would die due to lacking in food or water if they had lost their way or sometimes they're plundered by robbers

ardianto
12-21-2016, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
^I've not read its shan e wurood though, but in travelling difficulties are often faced. However, some people enjoy the travelling in this age and you appear to be one of them. Keep in mind it was too difficult centuries ago when people had to travel by camel/horse or on foot. Sometimes Travellers would die due to lacking in food or water if they had lost their way or sometimes they're plundered by robbers
Not how to do traveling that can make someone feel traveling is like a punishment, but why do traveling. People do traveling because two reasons, they want to go, and they have to go. I am sure you can feel the difference because you must be have ever experienced these two kind of traveling.

Okay bro, if you ride bicycle to village area because you want to enjoy village nature, would you enjoy this traveling?. I am sure yes. But how if your boss order you to ride car to another side of city to deliver something?. Would you enjoy this traveling?. I don't think so.

The hadith above is talking about traveling because someone have to go, not because want to go. Notice the part "When he finishes his task/needs". In this kind of traveling, indeed, someone would not enjoy it.

Scimitar
12-21-2016, 04:40 PM
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said; Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (SWT)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler. [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

Scimi

azc
12-21-2016, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Not how to do traveling that can make someone feel traveling is like a punishment, but why do traveling. People do traveling because two reasons, they want to go, and they have to go. I am sure you can feel the difference because you must be have ever experienced these two kind of traveling.Okay bro, if you ride bicycle to village area because you want to enjoy village nature, would you enjoy this traveling?. I am sure yes. But how if your boss order you to ride car to another side of city to deliver something?. Would you enjoy this traveling?. I don't think so. The hadith above is talking about traveling because someone have to go, not because want to go. Notice the part "When he finishes his task/needs". In this kind of traveling, indeed, someone would not enjoy it.
Travelling at the order of boss can be a source of satisfaction, luckily if he is an authority to increase your salary and other incentives....... The hadith ascribed the travelling to punishment definitely is in the context of that age when men hadn't have the high speed and comfortable means of transport.

silent1amb
12-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Modern travel has it's stresses too. As a frequent traveller I'm readily annoyed by the impatience and selfishness of others. e.g. those who stand and obstruct isles the minute they land. The rush to be first, the prioritisation of personal possessions over people in the baggage drop. Too many people fall into this selfish category, one which society has driven. I'm fast reaching the opinion that people like these need to be locked into their seats and await an orderly disembark!

greenhill
12-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the forum @silent1amb

Your first post is about stress of traveling .. is at the end of it, when we arrive :D Sometimes, I am guilty of it too, rushing to the front.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.