/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Youth Conference

hisnameiszzz
12-11-2016, 01:48 PM
So my Masjid hosts a yearly youth conference every year and it has been heavily promoted for the last few months. I'm unsure why they did it this year because only about 10 youths were present for most of the event. The Masjid filled out within the last half hour because there was food for everyone but let's not go there shall we ;D

The main things that came out of it were:

* No one takes Aalims seriously anymore and no longer go to them with problems - they kept saying Aalims are leaders of the community and should be approached each time someone has a problem

* The number of Muslims that have become Atheists in the last few months is extremely high - in the small town I am from, approximately 20 people have converted (if that's the correct term) and there was an Aalim from London who said the number of Muslims who are now Atheists is extremely high in London

What are your thoughts on this? Why do people no longer go to Aalims? Why are so many young Muslims now becoming Atheists and outwardly advertising this?

On a side note, I really enjoyed the event even though most of it was for drug and alcohol addicts and how to overcome this. There was an Aalim from Bradford who is also a GP who did an excellent presentation on Nafs, Hawa, Satan and the World and how to overcome them - piety, learn Islamic knowledge and keep good company.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
12-12-2016, 04:46 PM
You might need to tell people about this
[IMG]Attachment 5869[/IMG]

Scimitar
12-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Kit Kat? really?

Maaaan, now I have to stick with Cadburys Buttons?

Blasphemy :D

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.