/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of shirk during prayer

ak0016
12-11-2016, 07:56 PM
When i pray i get shirk thoughts of activities of other hobbies such as video games or thoughts of people laughing at me when i make mistakes or have a hard time saying the verses. I said a verse out loud because the thoughts were making the people laughing at me. I continued prayer and tried to keep in focus state of mind.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
12-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Seek refuge in Allah. Say "Audhu billahi mina shaytan ar-rajeem" (I seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the accursed). In my experience, I have scattered thoughts during prayer because I'm not focusing on God outside of prayer. When you have thoughts about Allah regardless of what you're doing, it becomes much easier to focus during prayer.

ak0016
12-13-2016, 11:27 PM
When i pray i get thoughts of people laughing at me or me praying showing off me reciting the verses. I get thoughts of riya and once or couple times i speak louder in a verse i know then i get anxious when i think i commited riya. Before the prayer i intend to pray for Allah and I intend to perform wudu before the prayer.

ak0016
12-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Before wudu and prayer i have the intention to pray for Allah. During wudu i get distracting thoughts and when im about to pray i get thoughts of riya and when i was about to pray i did an action to make the sure the person sees i was busy. During the prayer i ussually get thoughts of riya i get thoughts people are laughing at me for using a video of salat, im trying to learn to pray but i dont know all the verses. I get thoughts of people laughing at me then i recite a little louder then get anxious i felt i commited riya. Recently i was praying and someone opened the door i recited the verse little louder to make it seem i was busy and praying with the person know i was reciting verses.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim brother
12-15-2016, 09:47 PM
carry on doing good deeds mashallah
whether people see or dont see
the removal of riya is a very long term process
no one can claim its complete removal
but make intention to do everything for allah
and do istighfar after every good deed,
this applies to all of us

ak0016
12-16-2016, 04:33 AM
I laughed at something that is not permitted by another person telling it and now i feel empty inside no feelings or anything. I just feel myself doing work and moving around

Muslim Woman
12-16-2016, 04:59 AM
:sl:

If we make mistakes, we should offer repentance to Allah. Do some charity/ good work; In sha Allah , you will be forgiven.

BeTheChange
12-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Asalamualykum brother,

Analyse, reflect and change your relationship with Allah swt for the better.

Sometimes we feel empty because we have walked away from Islam and Allah swt clearly warns us we will never find peace or tranquillity in this dunya – but only through Islam.

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest

BeTheChange
12-16-2016, 08:36 PM

ak0016
12-16-2016, 09:50 PM
This started i felt eagerness or felt a cocky bad ego when i saw something saw nike company im not haram it was disapointed but i was going to stop wearing it if it is impermissible to wear. Then i felt short period of happenies as i laughed at the jokes or slightly i felt anxious and felt it was wrong and now. I had intention but not very high intention to perform salat for Fajr or Dhurhr of Maghreb.

Zeal
12-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Dw bro periods of high imaan and low imaan come and go

May Allah make us among the steadfast. Ameen.

ak0016
12-17-2016, 03:26 AM
I was laughing about something me and friend did today silently i did not pay attemtion to a thought i had is the name of Allah and then when i thought the funny situation i laughed and thought of Allah randomly popped up when i was laughed at the situation and i didnt know it it was like i was absent minded to this thought. Then i thought i mocked Allah and little anxious. I feel little guilty but for the major sins or impermissible joking i dont feel guilty as i did before. I feel anger a lot now and my Iman seems much weaker or not present at all im trying to figure out or trying to rebuild Iman.

*charisma*
12-17-2016, 08:21 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Bro, considering this and your other threads, I think you are way overthinking your reactions and also have too much waswas going on. You need to do ruqya on yourself.

BeTheChange
12-17-2016, 09:32 PM
Asalamualykum,

Brother if you need any help or advice please post in the ‘advice & support’ section rather than the ‘General’ section.

Also a little tip you may be unaware of – there is a search button on top of the page on the right hand side. It’s very useful for finding threads you may be interested in.

For example, by using the search button I have managed to find this excellent article:

https://www.islamicboard.com/manners-and-purification-of-the-soul/134304731-overcome-waswas-shaythans-whispers-worship-2.html?highlight=waswaas#post2914347

Try and implement the above techniques and tips.

Receite the 5th kalimah to remove any doubt or kufr.

Please if you have time watch the short videos below:

ak0016
12-18-2016, 06:04 AM
Laughing at unfunny things or when i do laugh i feel guilty. But for the past few days laughing made me feel less guilty about sins and i did read laughing deadens the heart.

Kiro
12-18-2016, 06:13 AM
maybe you have Jinn inside you?

sister herb
12-18-2016, 08:07 AM
You have made several posts about laughing and few other similar matters. Could you possible keep all of them in the same thread? It would be easier to us others to understand your problems and answer to your questions.

azc
12-18-2016, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ak0016
When i pray i get shirk thoughts of activities of other hobbies such as video games or thoughts of people laughing at me when i make mistakes or have a hard time saying the verses. I said a verse out loud because the thoughts were making the people laughing at me. I continued prayer and tried to keep in focus state of mind.
Don't mind the thoughts, they come and go.

azc
12-18-2016, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ak0016
When i pray i get thoughts of people laughing at me or me praying showing off me reciting the verses. I get thoughts of riya and once or couple times i speak louder in a verse i know then i get anxious when i think i commited riya. Before the prayer i intend to pray for Allah and I intend to perform wudu before the prayer.
recite Sarah with normal voice. When you don't intend to show off then no need to worry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.