/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Hackytorque
12-12-2016, 05:50 AM
I'm looking for a Muslim to answer questions. I feel very drawn to Islam but I have questions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-12-2016, 06:14 AM
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

What questions do you have about Islam?? :)

azc
12-12-2016, 06:21 AM
Welcome to IB forum. Plz ask your Qs

Hackytorque
12-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Why cant you have pet dogs?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-12-2016, 08:16 AM
The general consensus of having a dog around is that there has to be a purpose for the dog such as guarding, hunting, and herding. This doesn't mean that the dog should be mistreated in any way. But dogs have to serve a specific purpose beyond just having as pet.

Hackytorque
12-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Thank you lol. Everyone I've asked has gotten offended. Perfect answer. What if the dog brings joy to the family? Is that a job?

*charisma*
12-12-2016, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hackytorque
Thank you lol. Everyone I've asked has gotten offended. Perfect answer. What if the dog brings joy to the family? Is that a job?
haha no I don't think that's considered as a job. I know some people really love to have dogs around but I definitely thinks it's very much a cultural thing.

Now this is just my opinion but I think animals should be given some level of dignity beyond vanity purposes. Because dogs have been domesticated for so long, people have done more harm than good to them. For example, dogs in shelters are killed because they do not have enough resources to take care of them. Or dogs are inbreeded for vanity purposes such as having a "pure bred" or they are mistreated very badly such as those who like to set up dog fights with no care for the animal. I'm not saying everyone does this, but it's becoming common. On the other end, people also become soo attached to their dogs that they will leave millions of dollars after their death for their dogs rather than their families, or after the dog dies they'll stuff it and keep the body around (creepy). So it's just my personal opinion that unless a dog is very hurt, in danger, or hungry and has no access to food, we shouldn't have them around for vanity purposes. In our religion Allah is sufficient enough to make us feel comfort so we have to strengthen our faith in him and do good deeds, and our families are there for support so we have to strengthen our ties with them, and we have an islamic community to reach out to so we have to be the best examples of our faith or be around those who are better examples for us. There are some benefits to having pets, I can't disagree to that, but as far as the islamic ruling goes, it's only good to have them islamically for the reasons I've stated in my other post.

greenhill
12-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum.

You should be start a new thread really to ask questions… but…

Your question really never received a satisfactory answer for me until quite recently when someone related a story to me about Noah's Ark… when the animal population in the ark soiled it so bad that Allah created the pig to eat up the s.h.i.t. (hence why it is banned as a food source for us muslims) and the residue not eaten by the pigs were licked clean by the dogs… (hence why the saliva is considered unclean to us muslims) … it made sense to me and the questioning stopped.

Wishing you a great stay. Happy browsing.

:peace:

Aaqib
12-13-2016, 11:35 PM
Alhamdullilah open minded nonmuslims, question your questions.

Search
12-14-2016, 05:33 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

I'm looking for a Muslim to answer questions. I feel very drawn to Islam but I have questions.
Hi, brother, welcome to IB! I used to be an atheist; and I'm glad to hear that you're looking into Islam. :)

God-willing, I think I can answer some of your questions also, although I already see you've received some good answers Alahmdhullilah (praise, thanks, and credit is to God). If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask as we're all here like a big family InshaAllah (God-willing). Hopefully, we can satisfactorily all of your questions God-willing. And we also hope that you have a great stay here.

Wishing you awesomeness, :statisfie

Hackytorque
12-14-2016, 06:15 AM
Thank you! Maybe I will read more and educate myself further. That way I won't ask any stupid questions. I've never felt so drawn to anything in my life but so many questions....

Search
12-14-2016, 06:30 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Thank you! Maybe I will read more and educate myself further. That way I won't ask any stupid questions. I've never felt so drawn to anything in my life but so many questions....
Hey, no problem-o! You're welcome. If I may recommend some sites, I'd recommend you to seek out further knowledge from Seekershub.org and Bayinnah.org and Bayinnah.com.

If you're looking for YouTube videos of atheists having converted to Islam sharing their stories, I'd recommend the three really moving stories I've personally watched which I'd loved and enjoyed watching: Dr. Lawrence Brown and Dr. Jeffrey Lang and Ruben.

Also, hey, there aren't any stupid questions. There are only stupid people - just kidding! :p :D

On a serious note, please feel free to ask us any questions; you're most welcome to, and that's what we're here to do as your brothers and sisters in humanity. If we can assist you with anything on your journey to discovering whether Islam is right for you as a way of life, we'd be honored to do so.

And questions are always a great starting point to learn. :)

Sincere Regards & Best Wishes,

muslim brother
12-17-2016, 11:16 AM
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!