/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Direction and guidance needed please. New to Islam.

StraightPath01
12-13-2016, 01:38 AM
Salam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters.

I have only recently reverted to Islam originally being brought up as Hindu. I made the decision to revert to Islam as the words of the Quran pierced my heart with it's purity. I have a supportive group of friends who have helped me immensely with learning the ins and outs of daily Islamic way of life. I have friends that are both Shia is Suni, and knowing we all strive to follow the book and become closer to our creator there are small variations in Salat which has me confused and torn between the right way of undertaking my five compulsory prayers through the day.

May I ask graciously if someone could assist me in providing a printable copy of my 5 daily salat and stages to undertake the movements. If possible, an English copy would be preferred as this is my primary language, however, an Arabic translation of words would be great as I hope to master the English recitation and move to learning the Arabic pronunciation in the near future inshallah.

I feel learning in English would allow me to have a deeper connection with the meaning before moving onto Arabic. Would anyone suggest taking a different approach?

Thank you in advance. Have a wonderful day.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
12-13-2016, 02:51 AM
:wasalam:

welcome to the path of truth and haqq (they both mean the same lol)

The Sunni are the majority 85% sect of Islam and the ones you should follow. As for the daily prayers, inshallah check out these resources:

http://www.islamicbulletin.org/free_...orm_Salaah.pdf

http://www.howdoipray.com/howdoipray/Home/

sister_39738
12-13-2016, 03:10 AM
Alikum Salam brother I had the same issue and asked a similar question awhile ago. I will link you to a video which is in arabic with english translations. You should write the translations down on flash cards and say the arabic. These videos list all of the salats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuk6HgOH9yQ

greenhill
12-13-2016, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum and to islam.

Take it at a manageable pace. It is a lifetime of learning.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Delete.
12-13-2016, 09:09 AM
Wa alaykum a'salam

Here is one, it is very long but worth watching and learning how to pray perfectly.

It takes time, don't feel discouraged. May Allah make it easy for you.

StraightPath01
12-13-2016, 11:58 AM
A big thank you to my Brothers and Sisters who responded to this post. It's very welcoming and comforting to know there are others here to support me through this journey.

Inshallah, I will aim to absorb the information provided. May Allah bless you for your efforts. Another big thank you.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.