/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents Forcing Their Children to Kneel

mikhail_reza
12-13-2016, 02:02 AM
Recently my parents forced me to kneel in front of them. I know that it is hara'am to kneel in front of anybody except Allah. So did they. In addition they verbally abuse me, calling me spawn of the devil, *******, and other curses. They accuse me of premarital sexual relations, and doing drugs and drinking alcohol. None of this is true. They say when I become old, they must cut ties with me so that I not continue to bring curses upon our family. Is any of this in their right? I have developed severe depression and anxiety (diagnosed) and I fear it is because of them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
12-13-2016, 02:55 AM
Did you kneel or bow? there's a difference. I can sit kneeling down and it's ok, but bowing to anyone other than Allah is shirk.

Whatever they force you to do is a sin on them, not on you. What they accuse of you will be on their head if you are innocent. The breaking of ties is not something trivial, this too is not good for them. All in all, they are in the wrong here if what you say is true. They are still your parents so as a dutiful child, make dua that Allah guide them inshallah.

As for you, you are free from all this and none of this is in their right to do upon you. You should not let what they say get to you, rather let Allah be judge of that and you continue to do what you think is right in accordance with Islam.

Born_Believer
12-13-2016, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mikhail_reza
Recently my parents forced me to kneel in front of them. I know that it is hara'am to kneel in front of anybody except Allah. So did they. In addition they verbally abuse me, calling me spawn of the devil, *******, and other curses. They accuse me of premarital sexual relations, and doing drugs and drinking alcohol. None of this is true. They say when I become old, they must cut ties with me so that I not continue to bring curses upon our family. Is any of this in their right? I have developed severe depression and anxiety (diagnosed) and I fear it is because of them.
Of course it is not right. It's sad that we live in times when parents are often worse than the children in their behaviour and way of speaking.

If you have such difficulty with your parents, you should may be cut down the amount of time you spend with them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.