/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on how to look for a spouse? How did you find yours

sister_39738
12-13-2016, 12:24 PM
I have decided to start looking for a husband again but I dont want to go online again. I could ask imams from other masjids and one brother posted a flyer asking for a muslim wife should I do the same?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
12-13-2016, 04:11 PM
It is written in your destiny. Just pray to Allah. He will guide you.

ardianto
12-13-2016, 04:28 PM
:sl:

In one thread I've ever suggested the sisters to active in socialization with other Muslim women, and make those women get good impression which they think this sister can be a good wife. So those women will interested to match this sister with their son, brother, or male relative.

sister herb
12-13-2016, 04:42 PM
^^ That´s a good advice and it can works also for brothers whose are looking for marriage: be active in your community and show to others that you might be a good choice. There are always relatives whose are looking for someone.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
12-13-2016, 05:08 PM
you need to find a ristha aunty, they have their phone books full of people looking for their kids. some of these greedy aunties also charge a lot.

Delete.
12-13-2016, 06:17 PM
A'salamu alaykum. If you are in contact with any righteous sister and are pleased with her Deen, ask her to help you, she may know a relative or know of someone in shaa Allah. Don't be shy to ask other sisters, just as long as you would trust their judgement and they themselves are practicing. It is just my own personal advice.

fhmn63
12-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Here are Some tips to get Married from Quran and Hadeeth

sister herb
12-13-2016, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
you need to find a ristha aunty, they have their phone books full of people looking for their kids. some of these greedy aunties also charge a lot.
Not every cultures/countries have kind of aunties.

aaj
12-13-2016, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Not every cultures/countries have kind of aunties.
But every culture is aware that if you want something done faster, you must know someone body. Call it networking, connections, friends, acquaintances, etc. We know well that you are more likely to get a job and favorable treatment/options through those connections and same applies to other aspects of life. Like we gave the advice the other brother alone looking, go to the local mosque and start getting to know the community. Those sisters there have brothers, brother in laws, sons, nephews, cousins, relatives and friends who might be looking. You can tap into that by getting to know the community. we also have lot of brothers/sisters here that are single and looking, how come they don't come together and inquire about that? Surely mods can be the facilitators rather then finding threads to close.

anatolian
12-19-2016, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
Surely mods can be the facilitators rather then finding threads to close.
agree ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.