/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some quotes of sh Ibn Taimiyya ra

azc
12-13-2016, 05:38 PM
If you do good in secret, Allah will shower His good on you in public.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Allah guards the justice loving government, even if it is the government of non-Muslims, and destroys the tyrant government, even if it is the government of Muslims.

azc
12-13-2016, 05:40 PM
How many of us would be able to overcome our desires and resist the temptation of sin? How many of us even lower our gaze when we look upon something that we are not supposed to? The real prisoner is the one whose heart has been kept away from remembering his Lord, and the real captive is the one who has been captivated by his whims and desires.

azc
12-13-2016, 05:41 PM
The disease that knowledge brings is arrogance, and the disease that worship brings is showing off

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
12-13-2016, 05:43 PM
You should not look at what the person used to do, rather you should look at what kind of person they are today. The one who gets bogged down about people's pasts, is just like Iblees who said to Allaah, “You created me from fire and you created him from clay”.

azc
12-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) is to the heart as water is to a fish; see what happens to a fish when it is taken out of water

azc
12-13-2016, 05:46 PM
It is strange that a person may find it easy to protect himself from: eating Haraam, oppression and injustice, adultery, theft, drinking khamr (alcoholic drinks), and from unlawful looking, but it is hard for him to restrain the movement of his tongue. How often do we see people who are very cautious about falling into shameful deeds or injustice, but their tongue lashes against the living and the dead and they don't mind it?

azc
12-13-2016, 05:48 PM
If I remained silent and you remained silent, then who will teach the ignorant?

azc
12-13-2016, 05:49 PM
What really counts are good endings, not flawed beginnings.

azc
12-13-2016, 05:50 PM
What can my enemies do to me? My paradise is in my heart, it is with me wherever I go. To imprison me is to provide me with seclusion. To send me into exile is to send me away in the Path of Allah. And to kill me is to make me a martyr.

azc
12-13-2016, 05:52 PM
Seek (beneficial) knowledge, because seeking it for the sake of Allaah is a worship. And knowing it makes you more God-fearing; and searching for it is jihad, teaching it to those who do not know is charity, reviewing and learning it more is like tasbeeh. Through knowledge Allaah will be known and worshiped.

azc
12-13-2016, 05:53 PM
A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you then a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah

azc
12-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Some people have the disease of criticising all the time. They forget the good about others and only mention their faults. They are like flies that avoid the good and pure places and land on the bad and wounds. This is because of the evil within the self and the spoiled nature

azc
12-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness

Huzaifah ibn Adam
12-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Jazaakallaah for the quotes.

An important thing, though, akhi, is that whenever a quote is given, some reference for it is given as well so that its authenticity can be verified. This is to prevent things from being falsely attributed to any of the A'immah, which is something we don't want.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.