/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Isaiah 29:12 talk about prophet muhammad(saw)?

Nisthar
12-13-2016, 07:58 PM
I see there are many statements in bible about prophet muhammad(saw). But Isaiah 29:12 is not talking about prophet muhammad(saw). Can anyone confirm?

I am a muslim. I think its the reason why scholars of islam like zakir naik doesn't include this verse on the verses that mention prophet muhammad(saw). Right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
12-13-2016, 08:37 PM
As far as I know, Dr Zakir Naik is not a scholar but a speaker

Huzaifah ibn Adam
12-13-2016, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
As far as I know, Dr Zakir Naik is not a scholar but a speaker
That is correct. A doctor, lecturer and debater. Not an `Aalim, though.

Kiro
12-13-2016, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
That is correct. A doctor, lecturer and debater. Not an `Aalim, though.
Indeed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
drac16
12-14-2016, 06:18 AM
Let's look at the context, which starts at Isaiah 29:10 and ends at verse 12:

For the Lord has poured out upon you
a spirit of deep sleep,
and has closed your eyes (the prophets),
and covered your heads (the seers).
11 And the vision of all this has become to you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot, for it is sealed.” 12 And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot read".

This is a judgment text. It means that God has blinded people's eyes to the point where they cannot read. It has nothing to do with Muhammad [peace be upon him]. It's talking about a people who are spiritually blind.

Scimitar
12-14-2016, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
Let's look at the context, which starts at Isaiah 29:10 and ends at verse 12:

For the Lord has poured out upon you
a spirit of deep sleep,
and has closed your eyes (the prophets),
and covered your heads (the seers).
11 And the vision of all this has become to you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot, for it is sealed.” 12 And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot read".

This is a judgment text. It means that God has blinded people's eyes to the point where they cannot read. It has nothing to do with Muhammad [peace be upon him]. It's talking about a people who are spiritually blind.
I would argue, that is exactly the point - when the Children of Israel, "throw away the book behind their backs as if they didn't know" - they closed their eyes - blinded themselves to the truth... so Allah gives the revelation to one who cannot actually read - the unlettered prophet whom is mentioned in their scriptures in the verse such as this one... YES, it's a judgement text, and the result of it is the news of a new revelation - Al Qur'an, given to one who cannot read. Our beloved pbuh. Not the one's who "will not read".

Scimi

Nisthar
12-14-2016, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I would argue, that is exactly the point - when the Children of Israel, "throw away the book behind their backs as if they didn't know" - they closed their eyes - blinded themselves to the truth... so Allah gives the revelation to one who cannot actually read - the unlettered prophet whom is mentioned in their scriptures in the verse such as this one... YES, it's a judgement text, and the result of it is the news of a new revelation - Al Qur'an, given to one who cannot read. Our beloved pbuh. Not the one's who "will not read".

Scimi
Thanks. Can you elaborate this?

I don't depend on bible. But I want to make sure if this verse is talking about prophet muhammad (saw). There is chance that it's talking about the people who is ignorant of the word. Also, why it says the prophet's eye and head are covered? I mean it's the ignorant people's eyes that is covered. Right?

goodwill
12-14-2016, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nisthar
I see there are many statements in bible about prophet muhammad(saw). But Isaiah 29:12 is not talking about prophet muhammad(saw). Can anyone confirm?

I am a muslim. I think its the reason why scholars of islam like zakir naik doesn't include this verse on the verses that mention prophet muhammad(saw). Right?
It’s good that you recognize the book of the prophet Isaiah as a part of Holy Scripture. In context, Isaiah 29 concerns the situation in Jerusalem under King Hezekiah, prior to the Assyrian invasion under Sennacherib, circa 700 B.C. Regarding verse 12 more specifically, the idea is that those who honor God with their lips but not with their heart will not be able to grasp the truth. The truth will be like an unreadable book to both the literate and the illiterate. But as in the rest of the Bible, there is no prediction here of a future prophet from central Arabia in the 7th century A.D.

Scimitar
12-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Thanks. Can you elaborate this?

I don't depend on bible. But I want to make sure if this verse is talking about prophet muhammad (saw). There is chance that it's talking about the people who is ignorant of the word. Also, why it says the prophet's eye and head are covered? I mean it's the ignorant people's eyes that is covered. Right?
simple bro,

it refers to the Rabbis having their eyes closed. Read the verse before it: 29:11 Isaiah

Scimi

Nisthar
12-17-2016, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
simple bro,

it refers to the Rabbis having their eyes closed. Read the verse before it: 29:11 Isaiah

Scimi
So, its not talking about prophet muhammad(saw)?

Nisthar
12-17-2016, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by goodwill
It’s good that you recognize the book of the prophet Isaiah as a part of Holy Scripture. In context, Isaiah 29 concerns the situation in Jerusalem under King Hezekiah, prior to the Assyrian invasion under Sennacherib, circa 700 B.C. Regarding verse 12 more specifically, the idea is that those who honor God with their lips but not with their heart will not be able to grasp the truth. The truth will be like an unreadable book to both the literate and the illiterate. But as in the rest of the Bible, there is no prediction here of a future prophet from central Arabia in the 7th century A.D.
I am not an islamic scholar. But you can't tell there are no predictions about the coming of prophet muhammad(saw) in bible. Because i find there are more verses predicting the coming of prophet muhammad(saw) in bible. The christains simply ignore it and says its not talking about prophet muhammad(saw). Then who else could it be? Who came after prophet jesus(pbuh) and supported him and all other prophets before him.

Check this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-Turkey.html

goodwill
12-18-2016, 11:49 PM
I am not an islamic scholar. But you can't tell there are no predictions about the coming of prophet muhammad(saw) in bible. Because i find there are more verses predicting the coming of prophet muhammad(saw) in bible. The christains simply ignore it and says its not talking about prophet muhammad(saw). Then who else could it be? Who came after prophet jesus(pbuh) and supported him and all other prophets before him.

Check this:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105714/Secret-14million-Bible-Jesus-predicts-coming-Prophet-Muhammad-unearthed-Turkey.html
Nasthir, I have read through the Scriptures continuously for years and can attest that Muhammad’s coming is not mentioned in the Bible. On the Daily Mail article, the so-called gospel of Barnabas is an obvious forgery. Both Christianity and Islam affirm that Jesus was the Messiah, but this writing denies it. It therefore contradicts both Christianity and Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.