/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Playing sports and then pray eithout eating first

ak0016
12-13-2016, 08:22 PM
If I to want to Pray for maghrib and im hungry should i wait until i eat something or pray and then eat. Im trying to play basketball and then pray but the food around not sure if its halal but i could go home first then pray but i want to play basketball then pray.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
new2010
12-14-2016, 12:35 AM
We really should set priorities, that applies to myself, too. Allah should get the priority number one! There is story about Sheikh Uthaymin: The Sheikh was sitting in the mosque and waiting for prayer, when athan was just to be called. A man came to him and told him the King would speak him. The Sheikh - may Allah be merciful to him - just told the message-bringer that the king needs to wait, because he has an appointment with Allah. Just realise what the position of a king was at that time.

When it comes to eat first before prayer: even in Ramadan we just eat some dates and pray, eating is afterwards. May be you can eat a little bit, pray and eat later on without to rush. What's about taking a sandwich with you, or some fruits?

new2010
12-14-2016, 12:26 PM
What I wanted to add: in general it is said eating before prayer is better, when there is enough time. Since the time for magreb prayer is short...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.