/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with learning to read

ummu
12-13-2016, 09:19 PM
Assalaamu alaikum everyone I was wondering whether anyone knows of a teacher who does Quran and Arabic tuition at a reasonable price in the Birmingham.I have a young child so I am quite limited when it comes to travelling. I have asked about and I tend to receive the average charge of 10 pound an hour which I honestly can't afford. I really want to be able to learn as I foolishly neglected chances when I was young.Any advice would be much appreciated.jazak Allah khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
12-13-2016, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fmbenga91
Assalaamu alaikum everyone I was wondering whether anyone knows of a teacher who does Quran and Arabic tuition at a reasonable price in the Birmingham.I have a young child so I am quite limited when it comes to travelling. I have asked about and I tend to receive the average charge of 10 pound an hour which I honestly can't afford. I really want to be able to learn as I foolishly neglected chances when I was young.Any advice would be much appreciated.jazak Allah khayr
Wa alaykum a'salam. Usually the local Masjid has classes to teach children Qur'an and Arabic. Maybe you could ask to join them there? Don't be shy, though they are children, it can be a good starting point for you in shaa Allah.

ummu
12-13-2016, 11:40 PM
Jazak Allah for the reply. That's very helpful advice however unfortunately I've tried group tuition before and it didn't really work for me so I am looking for something on a one to one basis in Shaa Allah.

eesa the kiwi
12-14-2016, 02:57 AM
Have you considered online courses to learn to read Arabic?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zeal
12-14-2016, 07:00 AM
Jazak Allah for the reply. That's very helpful advice however unfortunately I've tried group tuition before and it didn't really work for me so I am looking for something on a one to one basis in Shaa Allah.
Try visiting the masjid and i'm sure there would be sisters willing to help anyway free of charge inshallah

sister herb
12-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Also, this forum is a great place to learn about the Quran and Arabic. For free. ;)

ummu
12-15-2016, 03:36 AM
Jazak Allah khayr for all your comments and advice I will try looking for things online and also try visiting one of the mosques nearby when I get the chance. I haven't been on the forum for too long but I really appreciate the sense of togetherness and the kindness I have receive from the board. Thank you all so much.

Delete.
12-15-2016, 04:06 AM
Jazak Allah khayr for all your comments and advice I will try looking for things online and also try visiting one of the mosques nearby when I get the chance. I haven't been on the forum for too long but I really appreciate the sense of togetherness and the kindness I have receive from the board. Thank you all so much.
Brothers, please don't click these links, they are for women only.

Learn Arabic here - She has a really great method of teaching basic Arabic reading. You could probably learn it in a few days if you dedicate yourself, in shaa Allah. There are 6 lessons total.

Learn Qur'an here - It is an online institute for women only. You could sign up for the "Qur'an Auditor" program if you want to just attend the lectures of the explanation of Qur'an with no work, or you could join the actual program, but you have to do homework, exams, etc. I recommend it because they are very strict with following the teachings of Qur'an, Sunnah, and scholars of Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah.

About that institute I linked above, I personally only recommend the Qur'an program, not the ECIL, but if you are okay with Hanafi Fiqh you could do that too. It is your preference. Allah knows best.

Brothers, please don't click these links, they are for women only.

aaj
12-15-2016, 02:07 PM
:salam:

Inshallah go through this first before signing up for anything.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CDD3C1F59C647D

ummu
12-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Jazak Allah khayr thank for that. I will check it out

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.