/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is nike company haram to wear

ak0016
12-14-2016, 01:47 AM
Is ir haram to wear nike shoes or clothing. I dont have many other shoes my size or basketball shoes other than nike that fits me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
12-14-2016, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ak0016
Is ir haram to wear nike shoes or clothing. I dont have many other shoes my size or basketball shoes other than nike that fits me.
Lol Assalamu 'aleykum afaik, yes many sheikhs have done a fatwa about it because the nike sign has shirk-y origins... but i'm laughin coz I remember when I had to chuck out all my nike clothes and I didn't wanna let go of my newly bought trainers so I cut the nike ticks off and use it for jogging now

Khayr tho kufr is horrendous and we should oppose it

تَكَادُ تَمَيَّزُ مِنَ الْغَيْظِ
It(hell) almost bursts with rage.

(...due to kufr )

Allahu'alam

ak0016
12-14-2016, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
Lol Assalamu 'aleykum afaik, yes many sheikhs have done a fatwa about it because the nike sign has shirk-y origins... but i'm laughin coz I remember when I had to chuck out all my nike clothes and I didn't wanna let go of my newly bought trainers so I cut the nike ticks off and use it for jogging now

Khayr tho kufr is horrendous and we should oppose it

تَكَادُ تَمَيَّزُ مِنَ الْغَيْظِ
It(hell) almost bursts with rage.

(...due to kufr )

Allahu'alam
Do you remove the logo cover it or you just cut the tick, tag off the joggers

Zeal
12-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Basically, it can't show any nike logos or signs. So what I did was cut the big nike logos on the sides of my shoes off, scratched the little nike sign off the back and painted the bottom of the shoe, where there's another nike logo, black.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ak0016
12-14-2016, 12:51 PM
If i tape it is that ok

sister herb
12-14-2016, 01:47 PM
So the product itself or using it isn´t haram but only name/logo on it? Why don´t Nike company doesn´t start to make their products also without logos to the Muslim consumers - it would solve this problem, right?

^o)

Scimitar
12-14-2016, 05:24 PM
WhAt? :D

You got nine toes on one foot or something?

Scimi

cooterhein
12-14-2016, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
So the product itself or using it isn´t haram but only name/logo on it? Why don´t Nike company doesn´t start to make their products also without logos to the Muslim consumers - it would solve this problem, right?

^o)
They must be absolutely determined to spread the ancient Greek religion by getting people to worship Nike, the goddess most closely associated with sports-relevant victory.

Either that, or they're more exclusively focused on the concept of victory while making a nod to the historical contributions of Greek society to our concept of sports, they don't want to resurrect belief in Greek mythology and accurately predict that nobody is going to start worshiping a goddess that doesn't exist, and they're so sure of how innocuous this is that they're basically waiting for Muslims to reach that same conclusion as well.

Scimitar
12-14-2016, 05:35 PM
it all started with this,

Scimi

cooterhein
12-14-2016, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
WhAt? :D

You got nine toes on one foot or something?

Scimi
Probably got a big foot. Size 13 and up (around my way anyway) is fairly difficult to find unless you're buying basketball shoes.

Scimitar
12-14-2016, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
Probably got a big foot. Size 13 and up (around my way anyway) is fairly difficult to find unless you're buying basketball shoes.
I'd go for sandals... it's sunnah :D

Scimi

sister herb
12-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Using sandals is sunnah? :nervous:

Scimitar
12-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Prophet pbuh wore sandals. :) with two braided thongs for the toes to pass through. They also tied at the ankle.

I've seen those sandals in Turkey, can't remember if in the Topkapi palace of Sultan Mehmet. Was a loooong time ago.

Scimi

edit:

a 3D rendering of one of the slippers attributed to belong to the Prophet pbuh

ak0016
12-18-2016, 08:51 PM
Its sneakers i have that have the logo and should the logo be covered or wiped out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.