/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Karma in Islam

anonymous
12-15-2016, 07:10 PM
assalam u Alaikum,

All my life, I have believed in the innate goodness of mankind. This is also encouraged in Islam to be kind, buy such gifts for your friends as you choose for yourself. Hence, I have followed and tried to stick to these practices whenever I can in my life. I was so naive I never realised just how many times people tried to take advantage of my sensitive nature. From all such actions I only received cheap quality gifts in response to the best quality of gifts I gave in my family. Sadly these things began to strike me how many times I ignored the quality of gifts just because I appreciated the gift itself! Even though those people could afford the best quality and use high quality stuff for themselves. So, from this long paragraph I just like to come down to another point. It is subject of evil eye, jealousy etc. I am aware it is existing in islam. What about those jealous family members who constantly try to put you down, even though they are successful in every possible way in life. Such types try to make fun of your pain and belittle your importance and success because they can't bear to see you succeed and worse to be at higher position than them. In order to stop this they will try to destroy you out of jealousy and undermine your efforts at every step of way. I am asking because I experienced it and suffered at hands of jealous family. I want to ask does islam believe in karma. The way you scheme against another, and the arrogance you show can it be brought down? Please give a valid answer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
12-15-2016, 08:19 PM
they are envious of your patience and your faith (sabr and imaan). That's why they mock you.

Keep your chin up, mashaAllah

Scimi

muslim brother
12-15-2016, 09:41 PM
SOME UNFORTUNATE FACTS OF LIFE
if you remain silent ,people will take advantage of you
if you are patient,some will deem it as weakness
if you speak the truth you will be called a madman
if you are angry,your oppressor will blame you
if you cry theyll claim not to know why
if you are hurt,it is your fault
you want your rights,why do you shout
they will not help you,but blame you
they will malign you,not understand you
they will hurt you further,not heal you
dont even try ,theyll say you are nothing,theyll hiss
they will plan and scheme and have the perfect facade
nothing can destroy their public charade
but,there will be ..that day..
from adam to the last soul
the judgement of all .

greenhill
12-15-2016, 11:51 PM
That is a very noble thought and gesture. What is believed is actually carried out and implemented. A very hard act to follow. Most people won't. You are amongst the few. I believe you are pleasing Allah… that should be all that matters. The rest, will have to answer later, I guess….:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
12-16-2016, 07:59 AM
Yes but what about karma? So many people get away with evil it feels to a person who doesn't believe in revenge. It becomes tempting for naive souls to be evil themselves as their will be less suffering. If your strong enough to stick to righteous path then there's a possibility that people who hurt you will eventually face there own karma. Is it true??

Alpha Dude
12-16-2016, 09:03 AM
No. People don't get away with evil. They only think they get away with it. It's only a deception that they have.

Anyone who has been unjust will answer for it on the day of judgement. Why do you need to think about karma or any other esoteric concept when you know as Muslims that we will all be held to account for our deeds on that day.

You do your own thing. Live your life without worrying about the actions of these people. Let them do whatever they desire. They will be punished accordingly by Allah the Most Just.

M.I.A.
12-16-2016, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
assalam u Alaikum,

All my life, I have believed in the innate goodness of mankind. This is also encouraged in Islam to be kind, buy such gifts for your friends as you choose for yourself. Hence, I have followed and tried to stick to these practices whenever I can in my life. I was so naive I never realised just how many times people tried to take advantage of my sensitive nature. From all such actions I only received cheap quality gifts in response to the best quality of gifts I gave in my family. Sadly these things began to strike me how many times I ignored the quality of gifts just because I appreciated the gift itself! Even though those people could afford the best quality and use high quality stuff for themselves. So, from this long paragraph I just like to come down to another point. It is subject of evil eye, jealousy etc. I am aware it is existing in islam. What about those jealous family members who constantly try to put you down, even though they are successful in every possible way in life. Such types try to make fun of your pain and belittle your importance and success because they can't bear to see you succeed and worse to be at higher position than them. In order to stop this they will try to destroy you out of jealousy and undermine your efforts at every step of way. I am asking because I experienced it and suffered at hands of jealous family. I want to ask does islam believe in karma. The way you scheme against another, and the arrogance you show can it be brought down? Please give a valid answer
give what you expect to get back? ...i dont think thats how karma or god works.

although if you are in a position to give better then that is an overlooked privilege in itself.

...maybe you struggle to give better?

that is still an overlooked privilege. that you are able to find the extra here and there..

when some people do not.

keep your intentions clean, keeps your presents happy and sincere.

there are worse situations to be in.. one of them is stuck in your own head.

the differents between islam and karma is the understanding that you have not been created without purpose..

and even though you have no idea why? be thankful of the overlooked privileges that you get..

while doing whatever it is that you do.

which of his favours can you deny? ...or something similar.

aaj
12-16-2016, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Yes but what about karma? So many people get away with evil it feels to a person who doesn't believe in revenge. It becomes tempting for naive souls to be evil themselves as their will be less suffering. If your strong enough to stick to righteous path then there's a possibility that people who hurt you will eventually face there own karma. Is it true??
:wasalam:

a concept similar to karma does exist in Islam. Previous scholars have warned in how you deal with others for Allah may put you in the same position as well, be it as a punishment or a lesson.

Scimitar
12-16-2016, 08:02 PM

Thread kill

Scimi

BeTheChange
12-16-2016, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
SOME UNFORTUNATE FACTS OF LIFE
if you remain silent ,people will take advantage of you
if you are patient,some will deem it as weakness
if you speak the truth you will be called a madman
if you are angry,your oppressor will blame you
if you cry theyll claim not to know why
if you are hurt,it is your fault
you want your rights,why do you shout
they will not help you,but blame you
they will malign you,not understand you
they will hurt you further,not heal you
dont even try ,theyll say you are nothing,theyll hiss
they will plan and scheme and have the perfect facade
nothing can destroy their public charade
but,there will be ..that day..
from adam to the last soul
the judgement of all .
Allah Hu Akbar how true are these words.

I’m going to take a picture of this poem for references. It will make me smile…because you’ve experienced it that many times you KNOW/PREDICT what is going to happen next.

One thing i must say is Allah swt is with the ones who are patient believe me.

Reach out to Allah swt in your moment of darkness and Allah swt will be there.

Also be careful don’t oppress anyone’s rights – the dua of the oppressed is always answered. Subhana Allah.

The best attitude to have is to expect nothing from people (& you won't be disappointed) but everything from Allah swt (& you're expectations will be exceeded)

Sometimes we invest so much time and energy in our friends but we forget to focus and concentrate on our relationship with Allah swt. Once you develop your relationship with Allah swt believe me you won't feel the need or desire for anything else. Subhana Allah lucky are the ones who have Allah 24/7. Subhana Allah. How blessed are we!!

May Allah swt help us all to be patient. Ameen.

M.I.A.
12-16-2016, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

Thread kill

Scimi
not that simple though..

if it was then thieves would not need to have their hands lopped off.

...feels like a monday o_0

Scimitar
12-16-2016, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
not that simple though..

if it was then thieves would not need to have their hands lopped off.

...feels like a monday o_0
It's as simple as Allah told me in Qur'an... it is you who is making it complicated. For yourself.

Nothing I wrote in my post you quoted, contradicted hat you said, but you see contradictions... wow.

Scimi

M.I.A.
12-16-2016, 08:48 PM
ah sorry a bit slow, wrt the idea of karma.

i think i quoted the wrong person.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.