/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a such thing as 'good taweez?'

Nk01
12-16-2016, 03:41 PM
Salaam,

Hope whoever reads this is in good health.

I came across some 'taweezes' (amulets) at my mums house. My sister in law brought them from pakistan and justified it as 'it's for my husband to love me.' I told her this is wrong and she goes there's good taweezes.

My mother believes very highly of those 'pirs'; when i confronted her, this act as 'shirk' she got really annoyed. Taunting me as 'new muslim' and a 'wahabi'.

Ever since we had those taweezes entered the house, it drifted my mother away from her husband and children. It seems as the taweezes caused adverse effect where, they actually broke the marriage.

I asked for the taweezes, to destroy them, But was refused to given too.

If taweezes do cause such influence, how do we remove it from our life?

How do you advice those that are ignorant on such matter without them getting annoyed?

JazakaAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
12-16-2016, 05:30 PM
NO such thing as good taweez. All amulets are haraam.

Period.

Scimi

noraina
12-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

To believe in any amulet in any shape or form, or to believe that anything other then Allah swt can protect you, is completely and utterly haram, in fact it is a form of shirk.

It really is widespread among Muslims in the subcontinent sadly. Those so-called 'pirs' are nothing more than frauds taking advantage of people's misplaced superstitions to earn money.

Try to explain to your mother, or better still, perhaps show her a video or an article by a well-known scholar discussing just how wrong a taweez is. A piece of paper *cannot* protect you or do anything for you - when you think about it does sound ridiculous. The beauty of Islam is that we don't need any intercessor or potions or amulets, we can communicate directly with Allah swt - just make dua to Him, reply upon Him alone and your own efforts.

Nk01
12-16-2016, 06:39 PM
JazakaAllah for your responses.

Ok, I understand taweez is prohibited.

The issue I have is my mother! She's not willing to accept it as a form of shirk! Even if I recite ayah or Hadiths to her.

she states about taweezes who her family from pakistan get it from as a 'pious man' who doesn't charge a penny.

On the other hand, my father is against this practise and does not believe in taweezes. He's always telling my mum off but she doesn't listen.

Now, the question is how do you actually remove the spell of taweezes? I don't want to accuse my mother or my sister in law of anything haraam, they are ignorant to the extent to understand what they have themselves involved in.

Like I said, those taweezes have backfired at my mother and sister in law. I need to remove the influence of it as my whole family is being affected by it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
12-16-2016, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nk01

The issue I have is my mother! She's not willing to accept it as a form of shirk! Even if I recite ayah or Hadiths to her.

she states about taweezes who her family from pakistan get it from as a 'pious man' who doesn't charge a penny.

On the other hand, my father is against this practise and does not believe in taweezes. He's always telling my mum off but she doesn't listen.

Now, the question is how do you actually remove the spell of taweezes? I don't want to accuse my mother or my sister in law of anything haraam, they are ignorant to the extent to understand what they have themselves involved in.

Like I said, those taweezes have backfired at my mother and sister in law. I need to remove the influence of it as my whole family is being affected by it.
Sadly you cannot help her then.

She is taking the words of men over the words of the Prophet pbuh.

All you can do is pray for her guidance.

Scimi

BeTheChange
12-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Scimitar
12-16-2016, 07:51 PM
This is a fantastic series on the topic:

part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwdJRZvVdAQ

part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mYUUGa_XvA

part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Hh-jbbUL0

part 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIRh56HJXo&t

Scimi

BeTheChange
12-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Asalamualykum brother,

It is true magic does exist and the scriptures warns us of magic.

Please do your research again brother.

aaj
12-16-2016, 08:26 PM

Sister, show the videos of taweez by the shaykhs. They may not give you an ear to listen about hadith and stuff but visual presentation is more effective. So them the videos of taweez being opened up and the satanic stuff written in it. Tell them the shaytan doesn't take any money because he wants you to go astray and these pirs are nothing more than shaytans disguises as "pious men".

As for how to remove the spell. I believe you would the get the taweez and destroy it. Some of those videos mention how you can get rid of the taweez so check them out.

of course make dua as well.

You have to understand that Ta'weez is fake and does not have power to do anything. There is no such thing as "Spells". Nothing can harm you without the permission of Allah.

If you think you and your family are being unharmed by some unseen power, then you have to realize that it is the unseen power of Allah and not some magician, magic spell, or amulet.
The way to remove that harm is to supplicate and pray to Allah to remove it, there is no other way. And your family should repent from using Ta'weez and educate themselves about the principles of Tawhid. That is the only solution to your problem.
They do have power. Taweez and other amulets have power, the power of evil. They are done through magic and devils. Of course nothing happens in the universe without the permission of Allah. But these are things set in place by Allah. Taweez, magic and evil eye can destroy a man. To undo the harm it can cause you, you need to undo the magic done on you in an islamic way.
Magic is not real.
Oh it's real. Both Quran and Hadith mention it.

http://www.islamawareness.net/BlackMagic/magic.html
https://islamqa.info/en/181342

Please refrain from giving advice on a topic you are not fully aware of. You do not want the burden of sin of misleading others.

lastly,
@Scimitar and @Cherub786

would you mind going off to another thread to have your little 'whose more slick' chit-chat, you both are doing a disservice to the OP by hijacking her thread like that to go at each other.

*charisma*
12-16-2016, 08:41 PM
@Cherub786

Bro please speak with knowledge and not from desire. This is a person who is sincerely seeking help. Telling her that there's no other way to remove the effects of the taweez except to "not believe in it" is unhelpful. Further saying that magic does not exist is not true either. Read surah al falaq. If you want to debate, this thread isn't the place to do it.

Sis the following vids may be helpful to you:

How To Destroy A Taweez (Amulet)
There are a variety of different methods you can use.

1) Throw the taweez / amulet into running water – this is what has been mentioned in the majority of books in english on this subject

2) Burn the taweez – sometimes this can “activate” the taweez so be careful of doing this

3) Cut or shred the taweez into small pieces, making sure all shapes etc have been destroyed. Collect the small pieces and burn them whilst reciting sura falaq / nas – in my opinion this is the best way because cutting the taweez into illegible pieces will remove its effect insha’Allah and will destroy the contract, and burning it will destroy it much quicker than throwing into water.

4) If the taweez is written/engraved – then scrape off the inscriptions and burn (if possible) or throw into running water / sea

5) DO NOT bury or just throw them away, as the contract may still be active if it is not completely destroyed

Please note: If the “peer” or “maulana” told you to burn it then do not use method 2 as you are doing what they want and this will activate the taweez. If in doubt or if you can’t remember what they said, then simply place your trust in Allah and use method 3.

Be sure to untie any knots you find in the string and ensure you are in wudhu and have recited ayatul kursi and the last three surahs over yourself as protection before you open it.
And Allah Knows Best Source
inding A String With Knots In It

Many times when you see an amulet (taweez) you will find it has knots in the string. This is a form of magic in and of itself, which is separate to the actual amulet. It is vital to open the knots.

How does a magician blow on knots? Firstly, he makes the knots and then he calls the names of the devils and then blows over them. As he does this, he tightens the knots. He continues to do this over each knot, calling upon the devils as he goes.

How to break these knots? Recite sura falaq and sura nas and then blow on the knot and then open it. Do this for each knot. If the knot is too tight then use a blade to cut the knot instead of opening it – but recite over it first. Ensure that all knots are either cut or untied. You can then leave the string in a bowl of water that has been recited over for about an hour before burning it. Source
When you destroy the taweez, please make sure you have prayed your prayers, made the morning and evening adkhaar, are on wudhu, and have done ruqyaa on yourself as well inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.