/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bad masjid experience, identity crisis....

Mustafa16
12-17-2016, 06:53 PM
here is what i wrote on ummah forum....i wrote so much, i dont have the heart to tell my story all over again...

I built a relationship with the local imam and started going to halakas at his mosque.......however, I stopped going for a while, but today I decided to go to the evening halaka....but there, I heard people speaking in turkish, and I said salaam and got to know them......one of them knew my father and said he went to the same cultural center, but doesn't anymore, and I asked if he was part of the Gulen Jamaat, and he said no......i asked if he stopped going because of the failed coup in turkey which was blamed on gulenists....he said "of course!" He said the imam was a very good teacher and that was the difference between him and "them" I got so scared I made up a story to the imam about having to do a homework assignment and needing to use his phone to call my mother....he obliged........i called and told her the same story......she came 40 minutes later, but before then I asked the imam if I could wait outside, he said no.. I asked if I could use the bathroom, he said yes, and I used it then went outside when they weren't looking and hid outside
...i waited so long I began walking away from the masjid, and my mother picked me up, and I explained it to her...im done with going to non gulenist masjids........

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
12-17-2016, 07:34 PM
So the Imaam of the Masjid is against Fethullah Gulen? Why does that make you scared, though? Why hide because of it?

Mustafa16
12-17-2016, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
So the Imaam of the Masjid is against Fethullah Gulen? Why does that make you scared, though? Why hide because of it?
not the imaam, the three turkish people i talked to and met over there, including the one who said gulen was behind the coup......i dont know why that makes me scared....and when i told the imam, he said i should still come, to avoid "sectarianism"

BeTheChange
12-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Asalamualykum,

I don't fully understand what has happened brother but don't let the actions/words of others put you off doing something so honourable.
Why don’t you go to a different masjid?

You don’t need to disclose your personal circumstances to anyone if you feel uncomfortable and it is not Islamic if someone belittles you or makes you feel uncomfortable.

Allah swt loves you more than your own mother don’t seek/wait for validation from another human being especially an ignorant soul.

Save yourself brother. The masjid is full of blessings. Alhamdulilah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.