/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Practicing Muslims?

fschmidt
12-18-2016, 04:09 AM
Do you pray at least 3 times per day and not eat during daytime during Ramadan?

I am asking this because this seems like the minimum that a practicing Muslim would do. I am curious what percentage of Muslims actually practice this minimum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
12-18-2016, 04:44 AM
So, who would be classified as a "non-practicing Muslim"? Someone who doesn't pray, or fast for Ramadan? Because this is considered kufr, not being a "non-practicing Muslim". I don't understand this concept of "practicing Muslim".

Cherub786
12-18-2016, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fschmidt

I am asking this because this seems like the minimum that a practicing Muslim would do. I am curious what percentage of Muslims actually practice this minimum.
Actually the minimum would be to pray Five times a day (not three).
Also, I doubt that a poll on a random internet discussion board can give you an accurate sense of what percentage of Muslims are practicing.

greenhill
12-18-2016, 04:55 AM
Confusing isn't it?

I would take it that the Shahahda is the where it is at.. You become a muslim with that. Without the shahada, nothing of your good deeds counts (and if you are a muslim, it still counts for nothing if the intention isn't right, like doing stuff for recognition etc)… Still the bad deeds will count..

So, at a guess, come Judgment Day, you will be asked why you ignored the obligation? Tough one to answer as while you claim to believe, the actions does not follow.. :hmm:

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fschmidt
12-18-2016, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
So, who would be classified as a "non-practicing Muslim"? Someone who doesn't pray, or fast for Ramadan? Because this is considered kufr, not being a "non-practicing Muslim". I don't understand this concept of "practicing Muslim".
My understanding is that anyone who says the Shahadah is Muslim. So if they say the Shahadah and don't pray or fast for Ramadan, then I would call them a "non-practicing Muslim". Isn't this a fair term? I looked up "kufr" which seems to mean unbeliever. Since we can't read minds, how can we judge this? But we can judge what a person does.

fschmidt
12-18-2016, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cherub786
Apparently Quranists say 3 and I don't want to get into debate about Islam, so I thought "at least 3" covers all forms of Islam.

Also, I doubt that a poll on a random internet discussion board can give you an accurate sense of what percentage of Muslims are practicing.
Do you have a better suggestion?

Cherub786
12-18-2016, 05:11 AM
Apparently Quranists say 3 and I don't want to get into debate about Islam, so I thought "at least 3" covers all forms of Islam.

Do you have a better suggestion?
Qur’anists who hold there to be 3 prayers instead of 5 do not even represent 0.1 % of the Muslim community.

I have no suggestion for you because I fail to understand what is motivating you to want to know how many Muslims are “practicing” in the first place?

Delete.
12-18-2016, 05:16 AM
My understanding is that anyone who says the Shahadah is Muslim. So if they say the Shahadah and don't pray or fast for Ramadan, then I would call them a "non-practicing Muslim". Isn't this fair term? I looked up "kufr" which seems to mean unbeliever. Since we can't read minds, how can we judge this? But we can judge what a person does.
Kufr means disbelief, yes. This term "non-practicing Muslim" is a new term, I guess it would be the nicer way to say Munafiq. Munafiqeen are hypocrites, those who say the Shahadah yet they don't obey Allah in His Commands. We have to still consider them as Muslim since they uttered with their tongue La ilaha illAllah Muhammadur RasoolAllah, and we don't know their heart, only Allah does. But like you said, we judge what a person does. Someone who says "I'm a Muslim, just non-practicing" yet they openly disobey Allah, and they aren't even striving, they just don't care at all, is not a "non-practicing Muslim". Allah knows best.

And this is different than someone who is still striving to pray, to fast, to obey Allah, yet they sin and they make mistakes and they aren't doing everything that Islam prescribes, but they are still striving, they repent, they constantly try. This isn't a "non-practicing Muslim". This is a Muslim, whether they pray five times or not, as long as they are repentful and striving.

Abandoning the prayer is not being a "non-practicing Muslim", abandoning the prayer is kufr. The Messenger of Allah, salaAllahu alayhi wa salam said: "The difference between us and them is Salat (prayer). Whoever neglects it is a kaafir (disbeliever)." It has a Sahih (authentic) isnaad. And the Sahabah believed that a Muslim who has neglected the prayer is a kaafir too.

Actually some major scholars have commented on the issue of neglecting the prayer, out of laziness or anything else without a valid reason.. If you are interested.

So, I still don't understand the term "non-practicing Muslim".

Allah knows best.

fschmidt
12-18-2016, 05:17 AM
I have no suggestion for you because I fail to understand what is motivating you to want to know how many Muslims are “practicing” in the first place?
I am interested to know how Islam compares to other religions in terms of taking practice seriously. For example, modern Christianity doesn't take practice seriously at all. Only obscure groups in Christianity like the traditional Anabaptists take practices seriously. In Judaism, Orthodox Judaism takes practice seriously while Reform and Conservative Judaism do not. So I would like to see how Islam compares.

Cherub786
12-18-2016, 05:24 AM
I am interested to know how Islam compares to other religions in terms of taking practice seriously. For example, modern Christianity doesn't take practice seriously at all. Only obscure groups in Christianity like the traditional Anabaptists take practices seriously. In Judaism, Orthodox Judaism takes practice seriously while Reform and Conservative Judaism do not. So I would like to see how Islam compares.
Well I can tell you that relative to other religious communities such as Christians, Muslims are much more observant. There are significantly higher attendance rates at Mosques. Muslims engage in more acts of worship than Christians. Also, you have to consider the fact that Islam is a religion that is more about practice, whereas Christianity has very few practices in it, Christianity is mostly focused on dogma.

In the Muslim world religious activities occupy a lot more time of ordinary people relative to Christians.

However, relative to Muslims of earlier generations, the Muslims today in the 21st century are practicing Islam to a much reduced degree.

muslim brother
12-18-2016, 02:30 PM
shaykh saleem dhorat from leicester once said this in batley

few muslims pray all 5 salah and few are practicing anyway
from those few,few then focus on the internal spiritual condition
but are content with the physical worship
from the even few now who focus on spirituality

from tasawwuf..
one of the dangers of being "practicing" is self righteousness and pride.
so after practicing/worshipping one must then start another effort of removing all the spiritual diseases which is more difficult than physical practice.

do we truly realise who is at fault for our pitiful condition

azc
12-18-2016, 04:11 PM
^Sadly, most of us are careless of spiritual diseases..

azc
12-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Do you pray at least 3 times per day and not eat during daytime during Ramadan? I am asking this because this seems like the minimum that a practicing Muslim would do. I am curious what percentage of Muslims actually practice this minimum.
hope, most of us are practicing Muslims

M.I.A.
12-18-2016, 04:39 PM
i had a guy walk in and ask for an empty box..

he said he wanted to put cake in it as a gift.

ironically i work in a cake shop.

...he proceeded to tell me about how religious i am, praying 5 times a day.

i stopped him and said i dont pray.

he said jew mid sentence and walked out..

box in hand.

i dont pray on the regular just yet, i dont think my faith could handle it.

noraina
12-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

It's interesting really. I've been asked before 'Are you practising' or 'Are you religious'. And we often hear of people categorising themselves or others into the neat little slots of 'practising' or 'not practising'. But, the truth is, there is no neat little slot.

A Muslim shouldn't be practising or non-practising. We should just be 'Muslim', at least that is what I think. Categorising can end up leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy - where someone who is non-practising thinks it is okay to be non-practising. Or a practising Muslim thinks they are a 'better' Muslim because they are practising.

This isn't directed at anyone by the way, lol, just me thinking aloud.

M.I.A.
12-18-2016, 07:05 PM
quran 107 is a good one..

although it can go this way and that several times depending of your interpretation of it.

fschmidt
12-18-2016, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

It's interesting really. I've been asked before 'Are you practising' or 'Are you religious'. And we often hear of people categorising themselves or others into the neat little slots of 'practising' or 'not practising'. But, the truth is, there is no neat little slot.

A Muslim shouldn't be practising or non-practising. We should just be 'Muslim', at least that is what I think. Categorising can end up leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy - where someone who is non-practising thinks it is okay to be non-practising. Or a practising Muslim thinks they are a 'better' Muslim because they are practising.

This isn't directed at anyone by the way, lol, just me thinking aloud.
I think categorizing people is important. If I choose a business partner or an employee, I want to categorize them as trustworthy or untrustworthy. So my thinking is, if a person can't be trusted to fulfill their religious obligations to God, why would I trust them to fulfill their obligations to me? Isn't this a reasonable approach?

Search
12-18-2016, 08:10 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Personally, yes, I follow all the mandates of Islam. However, I do know that many Muslims don't. Practice is important in Islam and to Islam. That said, I think all types of theists in our world are now starting to lose their religiosity except by name in terms of adherence to a specific religion. While Muslims might still be more religious perhaps than Christians or Jews in specific ways, I think most adherents of all religions are moving unfortunately towards hedonism, materialism, secularism to the nth degree that it is not spiritually healthy for any persons religiously-inclined of any religion whether they are struggling to practice or not.

Of course, having said all that, you have to allow for the fact that people probably who are on this discussion board probably are more practicing than other laity of the same religion.

Take care.

Best Wishes, :)

noraina
12-18-2016, 08:15 PM
I think categorizing people is important. If I choose a business partner or an employee, I want to categorize them as trustworthy or untrustworthy. So my thinking is, if a person can't be trusted to fulfill their religious obligations to God, why would I trust them to fulfill their obligations to me? Isn't this a reasonable approach?
True,

I just think it's ironic in that actions which are actually fardh (prayer, fasting, not drinking alcohol ect) are overlooked by some Muslims, who then justify it by calling themselves 'non-practising'. When actually these actions are what constitutes a Muslim's way of life - they should basically be a part of us.

We do kinda automatically categorise people, it's just when that categorisation is used as an excuse by others, and they seem to blame it on a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Search
12-18-2016, 08:19 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

To be honest, I'm not sure how sound an approach this is. You have to realize that there may be some Muslim laypersons that are not practicing and realize it and therefore don't have an ego specific to themselves and so are probably more considerate than religious Muslim laypersons who are always in danger of falling prey to their ego and becoming arrogant to the point wherein their actions and words are self-righteous and inconsiderate of others as they're forgetful that they themselves were at one time not guided except with the grace and mercy of God.

Also, I am wary of people labeling themselves or having labels define them. To me, character is the most important and the fruit of good character is good words and good actions. A person may not be "religious" in the ritualistic sense but still might be considered "righteous" because Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Righteousness (birr) is good character.” (Saheeh Muslim: 2553).

Hope that makes sense. :)

M.I.A.
12-18-2016, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
True,

I just think it's ironic in that actions which are actually fardh (prayer, fasting, not drinking alcohol ect) are overlooked by some Muslims, who then justify it by calling themselves 'non-practising'. When actually these actions are what constitutes a Muslim's way of life - they should basically be a part of us.

We do kinda automatically categorise people, it's just when that categorisation is used as an excuse by others, and they seem to blame it on a self-fulfilling prophecy.

..self fulfilling prophecy.

ironically we only get what our own hands put forward.

although its complicated if your not willing to write yourself.

it is very difficult when most people can get away with anything..

simply because they are not here yet.

we are all things to all people.. for a time.

maybe "real" muslims struggle to read in modern civility.

...or not.

muslim brother
12-18-2016, 10:06 PM
there are practicing muslims and non practicing

the emphasis should be on being accepted by allah

in other words to practice without arrogance and self righteousness

in history many a sinner has been saved by humility
and an active muslim rejected for his pride

also worship is many things ,not just praying and hajj etc
being a good neighbour and a contributing citizen too

in fact there should be more practice outside the home and mosque
unfortunately we dont see much in the home and mosque too

drac16
12-18-2016, 10:16 PM
I don't fit that criteria. I don't practice that much. I'm going through a dark period in my spiritual life; I don't really know what I believe. I'm questioning everything.

muslim brother
12-18-2016, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
I don't fit that criteria. I don't practice that much. I'm going through a dark period in my spiritual life; I don't really know what I believe. I'm questioning everything.
dont worry brother,
sometimes it rains
sometimes sunshine
it is night,then day
the trees have leaves then they are bare
such is life
your not the first,surely wont be the last

go out to the countryside,it works for me
sometimes its good to be away from your fellow man
in the past seclusion was prescribed regularly
and many great ascetics have had doubts
just leave the door of your heart open

fyi
12-18-2016, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
i dont pray on the regular just yet, i dont think my faith could handle it.
This sentence doesn't make sense at all.

fyi
12-18-2016, 10:58 PM
Additionally for those who don't pray, you have no idea what kind of mistake you are making.
The reason your emaan/faith is so weak is because you are not praying 5 times a day. Praying 5 times a day is a goal for each day. I swear you will find so much easier to feel like muslim if you just pray 5 times a day. You don't have to pray the Sunnah prayers but once you start to pray you will feel this 'need' to pray the Sunnah aswell. You will start praying even more and wake up in middle of the night to pray Tahajjud. Trust me it all starts with waking up in the morning and praying fajr. Eventually you find yourself praying every single day and when u pray Witr in the night you get this feeling of reaching a checkpoint in your life, a huge achievement and you can take far more joy out of your sleep.

I say this as someone who started praying 2 years ago. Don't delay it, start now.

anatolian
12-18-2016, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
dark period
There is a sunshine after every darkness..Your questioning is from Rahmatullah..You'l become a stronger believer when you find the answers

Delete.
12-19-2016, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fyi
Additionally for those who don't pray, you have no idea what kind of mistake you are making.
The reason your emaan/faith is so weak is because you are not praying 5 times a day. Praying 5 times a day is a goal for each day. I swear you will find so much easier to feel like muslim if you just pray 5 times a day. You don't have to pray the Sunnah prayers but once you start to pray you will feel this 'need' to pray the Sunnah aswell. You will start praying even more and wake up in middle of the night to pray Tahajjud. Trust me it all starts with waking up in the morning and praying fajr. Eventually you find yourself praying every single day and when u pray Witr in the night you get this feeling of reaching a checkpoint in your life, a huge achievement and you can take far more joy out of your sleep.

I say this as someone who started praying 2 years ago. Don't delay it, start now.
Just to add to this for my brothers and sisters, even if you feel no khushoo and you can't keep your concentration and you literally have to force yourself to pray for weeks or months, just keep praying. Don't give up your Salat for the world.

M.I.A.
12-19-2016, 01:08 PM
well, thats why i dont open my mouth in public.

cos i just dont make sense.

you cant judge a book by its cover...

...although sometimes you can tell how thick it is looking from another angle.

I'm obviously kidding, thickness is something that allah swt has decided upon.

maybe the thread should be titled successful and non successful?

noraina
12-19-2016, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
Just to add to this for my brothers and sisters, even if you feel no khushoo and you can't keep your concentration and you literally have to force yourself to pray for weeks or months, just keep praying. Don't give up your Salat for the world.
Exactly this. Even if you feel your iman slipping or falling now, do not give up your salah for *anything*. Force your heart into prayer and one day it'll be your heart pulling you to read salah, inshaAllah.

Kawlah
10-19-2017, 04:58 AM
Salaam Ale3koem,

Yes I pray 5 times a day and always have when practicing. Fasting during Ramadan is currently not required of me (even dangerous) due to my illness, but I will/would fast when it ceases to be dangerous.

And I try to fulfill as many other fardh and sunnah requirements as I can, such as wearing Hijab.

truthseeker63
10-19-2017, 06:34 AM
WS I have a Muslim Friend that live in Holland.

M.I.A.
10-19-2017, 03:05 PM
well, thats why i dont open my mouth in public.

cos i just dont make sense.

you cant judge a book by its cover...

...although sometimes you can tell how thick it is looking from another angle.

I'm obviously kidding, thickness is something that allah swt has decided upon.

maybe the thread should be titled successful and non successful?
Ok so i dont pray regularly. There you go..i aint ever going to be a politician.

Im becoming exceptional at deluding myself.

It would seem, that much of what i right is just an excuse.

..its ok though, im meeting people that pray.. on the regular.

Also posting a link soon...

https://www.islamicboard.com/islamic...ml#post2975633

Worth the time.. and an entirely relevant response and rebuttle towards my pov.

Literally as posted..

Its raining bad here and a man fell outside.

He had a case of pepsi and the cans went everywhere..

He was helped up by someone and i gave him a couple bags for his cans.

..he said..

It was bound to happen at some point..

You know why?

Because i didn't pray my isha last night.

Now..

I dont lie..

But i hate telling the truth.

This place is over for me.. upset myself lol..

Felt like cryin for a moment.

..you may or may not get used to it.

Seven thirty.

Itd been an interesting day so il go on.. because i dont have money for a blog spot.

Just had a brother come in asking for 5 pounds.. hes worked in the area before.

I said i dont have anything..and the money in the till isnt mine.

..but i asked him if he was ok and why he needed it.

He said its the sunnah of the prophet pbuh to give an asking brother.

..he said he just asked because he has intention of going mecca.. and is asking all people as he walks the street.

..i ask him what hes been doing since the last time i saw him.

He says he is having problems and that his family.. they know what he does and what he doesnt do..and he doesnt get on there..

I ask him if he has been on jamat.. because we have many mosques and it is common to to give and recieve groups.

He says that they go with the wrong intention.. only to increase and to look for rizq.

...he starts getting angry and hitting his finger on my glass cabinets.

I get twitchy.. legs and hands shaking..

Please everything here is made of glass.

He says when it breaks it is by the will of allah swt.

I would like to think about this but i feel my hands and feet....

He says the people around here have no iman.

..i say, there must be a middle way.

He says there is.. it is to mecca.

He keeps hitting is finger on the glass.. harder than any person should.

I ask him how old he is.. 23 he says..

I tell him im 36.. i want to tell him about where iv been..

Customers walk in.

He says he will wait and i should serve the person but it takes a while and he shakes my hand and leaves.

..its very hard when you cant leave.

I dont think the people are bad..

I just think many cant leave..

I get a few customers and its back to sitting on my backside.

..i think im still shakin.

I feel bad..

I learn the value of restraint and respecting the property of others.

If they see me like that.. then there is no point in being here.

Just taking it one day at a time.

Maintaining heat is hard.. although i really dont like being warmed up.

I will get back to praying.

..i did in the past.. and hope to in the future..

Guaranteed you will judge me today though..
Nearly all i meet are practicing muslims.

..infact i get less problems from non muslims!

truthseeker63
10-19-2017, 09:26 PM
WS I have a Muslim Friend.

crimsontide06
10-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Why is the question "3" times? Muslims pray 5 times a day..

fschmidt
10-19-2017, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Why is the question "3" times? Muslims pray 5 times a day..
Some Muslims claim that 3 times is enough. I am not interested in arguing about Islamic theology, so I picked the lowest number.

mslm
10-19-2017, 11:00 PM
There's little meaningful discussion to be had on this topic because numerous Hadith make clear that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) prayed 5 times a day, and so did all of his companions. If there were any variations down the line, whether that happened 10 years after the Prophet's death or in modern times ~1400+ years later, those who committed to those variations deviated from a way prescribed by Allah (the last Prophet (PBUH) did not invent the 5-times-a-day prayer arbitrarily, this was sent down). Once you purposely deviate from the way prescribed by Allah, that's equivalent to disbelief, because if you really believed, you wouldn't deviate -- it's straightforward.

Kawlah
10-20-2017, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mslm
There's little meaningful discussion to be had on this topic because numerous Hadith make clear that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) prayed 5 times a day, and so did all of his companions. If there were any variations down the line, whether that happened 10 years after the Prophet's death or in modern times ~1400+ years later, those who committed to those variations deviated from a way prescribed by Allah (the last Prophet (PBUH) did not invent the 5-times-a-day prayer arbitrarily, this was sent down). Once you purposely deviate from the way prescribed by Allah, that's equivalent to disbelief, because if you really believed, you wouldn't deviate -- it's straightforward.
Exactly.

This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed my favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion. Qur'an, 5:3

truthseeker63
10-20-2017, 02:12 PM
WS I have a Muslim Friend that live in Holland he drinks but I view him as a Muslim Brother I'm a Revert he was born or raised Muslim but I still talk to him is this wrong I know I should advise but I can not force people to stop sinning ?

M.I.A.
10-20-2017, 03:36 PM
It depends on if the sins they commit affect you.

Lol..

Worth thinking about.

Although worthless..
Have you seen the one..

That takes his own desires to be god?

would you then be responsible for him? (LOOSELY PARAPHRASED)

...IN MOST CASES, I WISH I COULD JUST SHOUT..

GET YOUR DAMNED HANDS OF ME YOU FREELOADING T"@TS.

Unfortunately i dont know how to.

..allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.
Most people eat too much..

If you dont have enough.. then you will be seeing a lot more of them.

...but they religious n that.

..N always on the phone.

You might want to take a look at the, letters of the prophet (pbuh) thread..

Insightful..

Honestly sometimes i think i was sent to this place to die..

Because it wasnt be choice.

Im not even here for the money lol..

Im developing a good memory so i wont forget for a while yet..

Might take it to the grave with me..

So much for anyone rebuilding walls for me.
I have no right to ask them why they do the things they do.

...and i should have prayed more i suppose..

Its free innit?

...in this world you dont sell the things you display..

You sell yourselves.

Honestly its not that i dislike people..

I just dont like the ones that turn up on my family members.

Wont forget..

Although would run away if i could.

Its the duality of wanting to write better for yourself..

And not coveting your own soul.

crimsontide06
10-22-2017, 03:44 AM
Some Muslims claim that 3 times is enough. I am not interested in arguing about Islamic theology, so I picked the lowest number.
huh???

Wait, you're telling me that there are sects who pray three times a day instead of 5?

fschmidt
10-22-2017, 04:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Wait, you're telling me that there are sects who pray three times a day instead of 5?
Yes, Shias and Quranists.

M.I.A.
11-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Just had a-brother-come in asking for 5 pounds.. hes worked in the area before.

I said i dont have anything..and the money in the till isnt mine.

..but i asked him if he was ok and why he needed it.

He said its the sunnah of the prophet pbuh to give an asking-brother.

..he said he just asked because he has intention of going mecca.. and is asking all people as he walks the street.

..i ask him what hes been doing since the last time i saw him.-

He says he is having problems and that his family.. they know what he does and what he doesnt do..and he doesnt get on there..

I ask him if he has been on jamat.. because we have many mosques and it is common to to give and recieve groups.

He says that they go with the wrong intention.. only to increase and to look for rizq.

...he starts getting angry and hitting his finger on my glass cabinets.-

I get twitchy.. legs and hands shaking..

Please everything here is made of glass.

He says when it breaks it is by the will of allah swt.

I would like to think about this but i feel my hands and feet....

He says the people around here have no iman.

..i say, there must be a middle way.

He says there is.. it is to mecca.

He keeps hitting is finger on the glass.. harder than any person should.

I ask him how old he is.. 23 he says..

I tell him im 36.. i want to tell him about where iv been..

Customers walk in.

He says he will wait and i should serve the person but it takes a while and he shakes my hand and leaves.
So it finally happened,

Bout 15 guys turned up outside with baseball bat..

Turns out they beat him up just outside.

Police turned up literally as it was going and everybody disappeared.. dont know where it must have started off.

He walked it off so its not all bad.

Alhamdulillah,

Its a real reminder that sometimes being inconsiderate infront of the wrong people can get you into trouble.

And as a lot of people today are troubled..

We should count our blessings.

..and pray more.

I do come here to vent sometimes, i hope you all forgive me for it.. if it takes a second thought of your time.

Scimitar
11-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Apparently Quranists say...[/snip]
you used a deviant micro-minority who don't even speak Arabic to present your argument - funny guy!!! :D

Khalil G
05-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Are you serious?

soheil1
05-06-2020, 02:57 AM
Yes, Shias and Quranists.
Wait....
Shias pray the 5 prayers believing there is allowance to pray together dhuhr followed immediately by asr, and Maghrib followed immediately by Isha, although the separation is better.

By the way, what are Quranists? Where do they live?

soheil1
05-06-2020, 06:06 AM
There are muslim girls who don't cover-up. I don't consider them practicing either

MazharShafiq
05-06-2020, 08:02 AM
yes absolutely right.

soheil1
05-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Praying is not about the times you go to mosque. It is about the number of prayers. الصلوات الخمس meaning 5 salaat, as well as fasting of ramadan, visiting Ka'bah, Zakaat, and the two testimonies are 5 pillars of Islam.
There are many so called "nominal" Muslims, like Christians, as practice itself implies the application of good judgement and timing, as well as some labor, which is beyond many people's affording. But be sure, almost anyone that is online here is practicing. People don't tend to discuss something something they have no interest in.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.