/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would it be permissible to call one a kaffir if he...

Aaqib
12-18-2016, 07:22 PM
...calls himself Muslim but doesn't even know the shahada and what it is + does not do anything else (prays like once a month/fast for like 3 days in Ramadan)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
12-18-2016, 07:33 PM
No.

If they believe in Allah as the Creator and Muhammad pbuh as the final messenger, this is the foundation of imaan.

As long as he holds this belief, he has hope - so do not take that hope from him with takfir.

Scimi

Aaqib
12-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Oh May God bless you I was about to call him that the next time he insulted me Alhamdullilah I feel bad and I shall repent.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
12-18-2016, 07:38 PM
It is better to give Da`wah to him. Teach him about Islaam. You can teach him the Shahaadah very quickly. If you teach a person how to perform Salaah, for example, then every time that person performs Salaah, you will get the reward as well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
12-18-2016, 07:42 PM
:salam:

Do dawah to him.

There was a time I didn't "know" the Shahadah, but when I saw it / read it on the internet, I recognized it. Idk how, it was most likely because Allah gave me the know how.

So introduce him the Shahadah. In shaa' Allah, he will recognize it instinctively like I did. :)

Teach him Islam, and how Allah loves us, and that one should worship Him, alone.

Just like Allah guided me, Allah will, In shaa' Allah, guide him. Only Allah can guide people, we simply invite.
Allahu alam.

noraina
12-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Definitely no. To declare someone who considers themselves a Muslim to be a kaafir is not something to be taken lightly *at all*.

The foundation of faith is to believe in Allah swt and that the Prophet Muhammad :saws: is His Messenger, even if you do not know how to say it in Arabic.

I can very clearly remember the time I didn't know the Shahadah or know how to pray, like brother Serinity. But I did consider myself a Muslim. And that amazing feeling you have when you relearn it is just incomparable, subhanAllah. Maybe if someone had said I wasn't a Muslim at all, I may never have felt like returning to the deen. The power of words cannot be underestimated.

A turning point for me actually was when a beautiful sister, she was wearing the niqab, one day smiled and said salaam to me in Asda. I had no idea who she was and I still have no idea why she said salaam to me, as I wasn't visibly Muslim, but she did and that had such a massive impact on me. It sounds weird lol but it really meant a lot. May Allah swt bless her wherever she is.

Aaqib
12-19-2016, 06:00 PM
Alhamdullilah thank you for the replies.

But I cannot teach someone who thinks it is so funny to insult me and use me like a plastic blag. I tried teaching him the importance of salah but he simply walked away.

noraina
12-19-2016, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib

But I cannot teach someone who thinks it is so funny to insult me and use me like a plastic blag. I tried teaching him the importance of salah but he simply walked away.
Alhamdulillah.

I understand where you're coming from, f you've tried to approach him and find he's not willing to listen or learn, then just make dua for him. At least don't call him a kaafir or anything like that, just leave it and make sincere dua that Allah swt guides him.

Born_Believer
12-24-2016, 05:35 PM
...calls himself Muslim but doesn't even know the shahada and what it is + does not do anything else (prays like once a month/fast for like 3 days in Ramadan)
If someone does not know what the Shahadah is, then why would they label themselves as Muslim? I find that very strange. That's like me calling myself a bus driver but not knowing what a bus is.

ruglifeTX
12-24-2016, 09:48 PM

I completely understand. We have a lot of Nation of Islam characters in my area and trying to talk to fish telling him he needs water to live but just wants to walk on the land. Maybe he has a weird view on Islam or was taught something that isn't true. There are many false teachers out there. So give it time and see what happens. But do not let yourself get used to matter what.

Serinity
12-27-2016, 12:19 PM
:salam:

There was a time when I called myself Muslim, but did not know the Shahadah, I did not know how to pray, when to pray, I didn't even know Jesus was a Prophet of Allah :swt:, I knew a little about the Prophet Muhammad :saws: (that he :saws: was a Prophet of Allah :swt: )

The only things I knew was, the Qur'aan, Allah and The Prophet Muhammad :saws: . I didn't know about the Sunnah either. But I respected and loved the Prophet Muhammad :saws: in my heart.

Just do dua to Allah for him. :) Tell him about the Prophet of Allah :swt:, etc. And when he asks about Islam, be attentive and smile. Because that is an opportunity to teach him about Islam.

Allahu alam.

Ruqaya Vanh
12-28-2016, 08:14 PM
The determination of one beeing a kafir can only be stated by scholars. This because the act itself, that makes someone leave islam, could happen because of ignorance.
Many of the scholars are from opinion that if one leaves the salat it will make him a kafir. So you should always try to help remind those people of its importance. However, calling one a kafir is not up to us.
If one is not willing to take your advice or even to listen to you, the best way to respond is with sabr.
Our best example for this issue comes from our prophet peace and blessings be upon him. He tried over and over again to help those who were astray like the people from Quraish to lead them on the right path.
But remember, it is Allah subhaanahu wa taala who decides whoes eyes will see, and who will remain blind.
Every effort you will do to help them, will be recorded and you will be rewarded for it. Include them in your prair and ask for their guidance. Many of the ummah are lost from the righteous path.
As beleivers we can only practice sabr and try to guide them - sometimes over and over again...

Ravi kiran
12-28-2016, 09:11 PM
Wa lekum assalam wa rahmatullah.....If you find person like him,please tell him about true Islam........God may rewad you in akhirat......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.