/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Henorites

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 01:08 AM
So today I came across a group praying In a park. They were praying like Muslims . They put their head to the ground and then Sat up in personal prayer. I spoke with their minister a while. They follow the messianic Jewish bible and Quran. They don't follow any Hadith or tradition. They are very much their own thing. I had never seen anything like it. Some of what they said was a little cooky but was a good chance for me to do dawah with a few of their members that weren't "drinking the kool aid so to speak " . But it was nice conversation with people who at least respect our faith and not think down on us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Masih
12-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Very interesting. So they're not affiliated with any major denomination (Sunni, Shia, Sufi, etc.)? Who pioneered their tradition? Do they have mosques?

noraina
12-19-2016, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ruglifeTX
So today I came across a group praying In a park. They were praying like Muslims . They put their head to the ground and then Sat up in personal prayer. I spoke with their minister a while. They follow the messianic Jewish bible and Quran. They don't follow any Hadith or tradition. They are very much their own thing. I had never seen anything like it. Some of what they said was a little cooky but was a good chance for me to do dawah with a few of their members that weren't "drinking the kool aid so to speak " . But it was nice conversation with people who at least respect our faith and not think down on us.
What do they call themselves? Do they consider themselves to be Muslims?

Sometimes you do find unusual offshoots off a major world religion or a combination of them. Last year a new Church set itself up where I live and seems to be an unusual mixture of Judaism and Christianity, which I've guessed from the leaflets they post to everyone. I've tried looking them up on the internet and besides their own sources I haven't found much else.

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 05:17 PM
They call themselves henorites. Henosis means oneness in Greek. Who started it I don't know. I'm still trying to find out more about them. They don't consider themselves Muslims or Christians or Jews.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 05:19 PM
They call themselves henorites. Henosis means oneness in Greek. Who started it I don't know. I'm still trying to find out more about them. They don't consider themselves Muslims or Christians or Jews.
Well at least to my understanding from the dude I talked to. I'm going to try to catch them at the park again next week . Maybe they have some literature so I can see what they are really about

muslim brother
12-19-2016, 05:25 PM
interesting

infact this thread (term)is first on google,no other reference

in india there are also parsees and bahais,jains..

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
interesting

infact this thread (term)is first on google,no other reference

in india there are also parsees and bahais,jains..
I think they may be pretty localized in south Texas. I am going to try to find out more cause in all honesty most probably relate to Islam and don't have the means to the information. And at minimum they are definitely a source of support in the secular community

muslim brother
12-19-2016, 05:31 PM
inshallah
im sure you are quite capable of building friendships and bridges:happy:

sister herb
12-19-2016, 05:35 PM
In my country is Henosis church but they believe to the Bible only (they accept only few old translations of the Bible) and don´t mention the Quran at all. Any ways, never heard about them before.

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
inshallah
im sure you are quite capable of building friendships and bridges:happy:
lol I have been known to make very unlikely friends here . Especially open people's minds and hearts to Islam. Mostly cause I don't fit the stereotype of typical Muslim cause my background is way different than most

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
In my country is Henosis church but they believe to the Bible only (they accept only few old translations of the Bible) and don´t mention the Quran at all. Any ways, never heard about them before.
They just say the root of their name is henosis. They are called henorites. They kind of remind me of a mix of Islam and Amish .

muslim brother
12-19-2016, 05:40 PM
lol I have been known to make very unlikely friends here . Especially open people's minds and hearts to Islam. Mostly cause I don't fit the stereotype of typical Muslim cause my background is way different than most

over here ive met and befriended converts from different backgrounds,very varied,some with issues which may never be resolved.
but we all carry baggage,and have to appreciate that.

i dont like clone muslims,
hence i confuse people too
viva la difference

noraina
12-19-2016, 05:51 PM
You'd be surprised how many unmentioned and unknown sects or offshoots of different religions are out there. I can think of at least three where I live.

They do tend to keep themselves to themselves. From what I've noticed they're not as into converting others to their religion, as much as preserving the small community they already have.

sister herb
12-19-2016, 06:01 PM
What I found from the page of Henosis church in Finland and other sources:

Henótês movement is doctrinally closest Baptism, Pentecostalism and the Evangelical Free Church, but it does not use their teachings or to commit to ecumenism.

The Henótês communities are independent churches, where decision-making and the organization of activities at the local level is the responsibility of the elders.

---------------------
It seems that similar groups in other countries may add to their teachings also other elements like those ones in the south Texas and still claim they are members of the same faith.

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
What I found from the page of Henosis church in Finland and other sources:

Henótês movement is doctrinally closest Baptism, Pentecostalism and the Evangelical Free Church, but it does not use their teachings or to commit to ecumenism.

The Henótês communities are independent churches, where decision-making and the organization of activities at the local level is the responsibility of the elders.

---------------------
It seems that similar groups in other countries may add to their teachings also other elements like those ones in the south Texas and still claim they are members of the same faith.
I actually texted the one guy I made friends with and he said they are not part of the henote church. The henorite movement and henotes are different completely. The henorite movement started in the 1950s in New Mexico I guess at one time they had their own land and ranch. They completely denounce secular Christianity and Judaism. They read from torah, gnostic bibles and Quran . Their praying seems close to how we do salat but they pray in English and there are some steps missing. But it's still very similar. They don't claim their founder as a prophet or even holy for that matter. He was just a teacher. guess. It's hard to explain from his text messages cause it seems like he is trying to sell me the religion. I'm just curious I could care less about the ins and outs . :)

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
You'd be surprised how many unmentioned and unknown sects or offshoots of different religions are out there. I can think of at least three where I live.

They do tend to keep themselves to themselves. From what I've noticed they're not as into converting others to their religion, as much as preserving the small community they already have.
That's how these guys seem. They are a pretty tight nit community. Seem to have the basic idea of stuff down with their own twist. But at the end of the day they are trying to serve God in their way and be left alone

anatolian
12-19-2016, 10:41 PM
They sound like an intermediate form between Jew and Muslim. They were Jew, wanted to convert to Islam but could not and stayed between...

ruglifeTX
12-19-2016, 10:47 PM
From my observation they seem more like hippy subculture types that dig Islam but aren't full on . If that makes sense .

anatolian
12-19-2016, 10:54 PM
If that makes sense .
Everything make sense my friend if they have any amount of faith in their hearts.

azc
12-20-2016, 09:20 AM
thanks for sharing. It's informative

azc
12-20-2016, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Everything make sense my friend if they have any amount of faith in their hearts.
but from Islamic point of view it makes no sense

azc
12-20-2016, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Masih
Very interesting. So they're not affiliated with any major denomination (Sunni, Shia, Sufi, etc.)? Who pioneered their tradition? Do they have mosques?
they can't be considered as a sect of this ummah, even as a deviant one

azc
12-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Well at least to my understanding from the dude I talked to. I'm going to try to catch them at the park again next week . Maybe they have some literature so I can see what they are really about
interesting.! And Don't forget to share your experience here

ruglifeTX
12-20-2016, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
but from Islamic point of view it makes no sense
Yea they definitely aren't even close to Muslim. But they have drawn from Islamic ideas and practices

ruglifeTX
12-20-2016, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
interesting.! And Don't forget to share your experience here
It's funny I have been talking with two of them. And explaining Islam to them. I have them going to the masjid with me this week . I have them interested to say the least

azc
12-21-2016, 02:19 AM
Yea they definitely aren't even close to Muslim. But they have drawn from Islamic ideas and practices
what Islamic teachings they follow, ask them if possible.

azc
12-21-2016, 02:23 AM
It's funny I have been talking with two of them. And explaining Islam to them. I have them going to the masjid with me this week . I have them interested to say the least
well done ! Keep on giving them dawah.

Born_Believer
12-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Very interesting read. I've never met anyone like that personally, keep us updated with more info on them and their teachings/practices.

ruglifeTX
12-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Assalamulakum everyone! Well today I am going to go to a meeting with them. Their minister asked to talk with me cause I had so many questions and he is probably the eldest member since he was an original member. He was actually excited to meet a Muslim too . (Which in Houston should be pretty easy we have like 20 masjids in the area and a huge Muslim community lol but it's cool)

ruglifeTX
03-16-2017, 02:04 AM
Sorry I have been absent lately! Family and work have kept me very very busy. I did pick up a book from them. It does seem that they very much root themselves in Islam but mix it with some unlikely traditions . But things that really aren't too unbelievable. I'll give a better breakdown when I am free this weekend

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!