/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about modesty

Olivia J
12-21-2016, 04:25 AM
I'm still learning about how to be a good Muslim women in the eyes of Allah. I have been asking my neighbor for advise on how to I am supposed stay dressed modestly during day to day activities. She has help answer some of the questions but one she doesn't really have a answer for...

Where I live we have a indoor pool.i love going swimming but ever since I have converted I have been told that I can't go swimming in my swim suit since it doesn't cover up everything... Any advice?

Also does anyone have advice on what to do if your work doesn't allow you to wear your hijab? My boss who doesn't come in very much says that it scares away his customer but I don't think so.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cherub786
12-21-2016, 04:30 AM
Wow your boss sounds like a bigot.

An indoor swimming pool is like an indoor bath, meaning it has privacy?

Olivia J
12-21-2016, 04:58 AM
not really I live in a apartment in a hotel and the pool is centered in the middle of a little area surrounded by other rooms

talibilm
12-21-2016, 05:02 AM
:sl: Sister

Since you have an indoor pool you are half way safe from the sins of exposing to others but still you have to wear the sharia allowed swimming suit that could cover awrah if you really seriously want to follow Islam.

Allah has made this life a test

Noble Quran 47:31 ''And We will surely test you until We make evident those who strive among you [for the cause of Allah ] and the patient, and We will test your affairs.''

so there are choices we have to make either to please your Creator or yourselves or your Boss. Saying Simply, that there is no gain without pain and the gain here for you is not a simple gain of this 60-70 years world but for Eternity. kindly see this video for inspiration from a famous revert Brother.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_U1ifMpgI0

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Olivia J
12-21-2016, 05:07 AM
how do i get one?

talibilm
12-21-2016, 05:16 AM
Hope if any Sister knew any shops that could help you out. But i ever came across here or on ummah some adv that sold them online.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.