/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Help about my sister

imran786r
12-26-2016, 08:55 PM
As-salāmu ʿalaykum all,

I need advice in regards to my sister. She is 23 years of age Ma Shaa Allah but has a mental capacity of a 3/4 year old.

Just so you can understand what she is like, here are a few points;

• she cannot talk at all
  • she cries a lot, all day and night excessively
  • cries most of the night very loud (up to 3-4 hours continuous)
  • does not sleep much (average between 4-6 hours per day)
  • some days 3-4 hours and then she wakes up screaming for X amount of hours
  • she sees things sometimes in the house and gets startled and begins to scream
  • bites her hand with aggression constantly

My mother and I look after my sister mainly, my Father may Allah bless his soul passed away to years ago and I have two other siblings who do help but are very young.

We are sleep deprived as we sleep approx 4-5 hours a day and I go to work which i wake up at 7 am for. We have tried almost everything in terms of medication to put her to sleep, nothing works, on the long run. We have had professional advice of medical practitioners, followed, but no to prevail.

She constantly screams, bites her hand, attacks us. We have had Aalims attend the house and perform prayers, duas and give her Islamic healing through the Quran, yet her condition has only worsened throughout the years.

My mother has broken down on many occasions and so have I, it has taken its toll on our lives. I am not married as I won't be able to give her the attention and care that she requires, plus it is not fair to burden another with what we go through, thus why I am 28 and still single.

We have tried so many duas, Molvis, Aalims, Pir's etc, nothing has worked. We just don't know what to do anymore.
Any advice, guidance or referrals to someone who can help would be beneficial.

Sorry if this post is not meant to be here,
Jazak Allah Khair.
Imran,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Walaikum Asalaam

Sorry to be hearing about your difficult situation brother. I can understand how taking care of your sister has become increasingly difficult. Have you tried having a nurse/aid to help take care of her? It may lessen a lot of your burdens. If she can understand and communicate, maybe she requires someone who will help her communicate her needs more effectively.

imran786r
12-26-2016, 09:15 PM
I have tried that, the nurses cannot handle her. She runs away, wont move, stiffens her body and throws massive tantrums.

Jazak Allah Khair for the the advice.

ruglifeTX
12-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Has she always had this condition or did something happen like an injury

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
12-27-2016, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imran786r
I have tried that, the nurses cannot handle her. She runs away, wont move, stiffens her body and throws massive tantrums.

Jazak Allah Khair for the the advice.
Is she like that with everyone or just new people?

Also, what kind of condition does she have..is there a specific name for it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.