/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Paraphernalia

Mehnaaz
12-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Salaam,

Can someone tell me the Halal way to dispose off of Ramadan paraphernalia like time-tables, pamphlets with duas which are not legible anymore, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Mehnaaz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
12-28-2016, 03:34 PM
:wasalam:

they may be destroyed by burning or by cutting them up so that the verses of the Qur’aan and the name of Allaah disappear, or they may be buried. Putting them in a shredder probably the easiest if you have access to one. Of burn them in your backyard. If you don't have those options then cut them up.

Mehnaaz
12-28-2016, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
:wasalam:

they may be destroyed by burning or by cutting them up so that the verses of the Qur’aan and the name of Allaah disappear, or they may be buried. Putting them in a shredder probably the easiest if you have access to one. Of burn them in your backyard. If you don't have those options then cut them up.
Thank you, brother.

As a matter of fact, we do have a shredder. But after shredding the material, what do I do? Just throw it in the bin?

I don't have a backyard or a garden, so I can't bury it.

Any solutions?

aaj
12-28-2016, 06:24 PM
inshallah You can throw it away after shredding. The whole purpose is so the letters don't make a word, and when shred up they are nothing more than individual letters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mehnaaz
12-30-2016, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
inshallah You can throw it away after shredding. The whole purpose is so the letters don't make a word, and when shred up they are nothing more than individual letters.

Jazakallah Khair!

I'll probably do that.

azc
12-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Either burn or bury. Hz usman ra got the mus'haf burnt and also Hz abu bakr ra burnt the collection of ahadith he had.

noraina
12-30-2016, 10:54 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I've always been told that anything with the name of Allah swt or the Prophets or the Angels should be (as has been said) shredded or cut up or wiped away so any names aren't readable, and then buried somewhere. If you can't bury them, then burning them is also an option.

That said, when it comes to Ramadan timetables I always keep them, I don't know why I do this but they're just a nice memory. I think I have them going back to 2012 now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.