/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the beliefs of the different sufi orders?

Mustafa16
12-30-2016, 12:19 AM
I am considering joining Sufism, and using tasawwuf as a means of connecting with Allah.....I am considering either the Shadhili order because it is that of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, the Naqshbandi order because many of the Turkish jamaats are associated with this order and it stands out as being the only order descended from Abu Bakr (RA) and not Ali (RA) so I thought it must have some significant differences........but I'm open to others as well.....what are the beliefs of these orders, and other orders?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-30-2016, 05:33 AM
Sunnah of our prophet s.a.w is the criterion of judging a shaykh who do you want to follow for purification of soul. which sufi order he follows is the trivial thing. Know his aqida as well.

azc
12-30-2016, 05:37 AM
I'm not adhered to any shaykh in this regard so I can't tell what their belief are

Huzaifah ibn Adam
12-30-2016, 06:47 AM
My advice is to not get attached to any "Sufi Order". In these days, these "Sufi Orders" and "Sufi Shaykhs" have fallen into Baatil. They propagate Baatil beliefs which contradict that of Ahlus Sunnah wal-Jamaa`ah, as well as a plethora of Bid`ah practices that have absolutely no basis in Islaam. Don't think about giving "Bay't" to any Shaykh. The "Shaykhs" themselves have - most of them - become charlatans, highway robbers who snatch the Imaan of people.

[Note: Tasawwuf/Tazkiyah is an important part Islaam. "Sufi Orders" are not. They're a latter day invention.]

Let me ask you this:

For what reason do you want to join a "Sufi Order"?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.