PDA

View Full Version : Soccer

Mohammedmhg
12-30-2016, 02:39 AM
Is it permissible to watch soccer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-30-2016, 06:06 AM
For a common Muslim like me it can be watched but for a pious Muslim who is always worried of hereafter and judgement day, it is not allowed as such activities waste the time

anatolian
12-30-2016, 07:08 AM
Sport is not just allowed it is encouraged in Islam. However proffesional sport and especially soccer today is a big industry in which counless harams are involved. There is always a maffia connection of famous soccer clubs. Holigans ruining the cities on the match days. Gambling is an important money fund. All such thins make proffesional soccer a dirty thing

sister herb
12-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Maybe it´s better if you go to play it by yourself, instead than sit and watch how others play. Plus it makes good to yourself to get some exercise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al Sultan
12-30-2016, 11:34 AM
IF you have time, watch it, you may benefit from them, I watched many football matches and I learn from them, also, playing football is good too, it's good for your body and you can play football as an exercise too, watching football isn't haram, as long as you are not betting, shouting racial slurs (many people do that) and much more, just watching it is not haram, but if there are prayers then just pray and come back, don't make them distract you.

So no, it's not haram to watch football

Al Sultan
12-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Also betting is very haram and a lot of people bet on matches..

Zeal
12-30-2016, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
IF you have time, watch it, you may benefit from them, I watched many football matches and I learn from them, also, playing football is good too, it's good for your body and you can play football as an exercise too, watching football isn't haram, as long as you are not betting, shouting racial slurs (many people do that) and much more, just watching it is not haram, but if there are prayers then just pray and come back, don't make them distract you.

So no, it's not haram to watch football
But then dont the soccer players show their awrah?? So maybe it is haram..

Allahu'alam

Al Sultan
12-30-2016, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
But then dont the soccer players show their awrah?? So maybe it is haram..
They don't literally show their awrah, if that's the case, then the same thing happens with Jeans, sweat pants, normal pants.

It doesn't show their awrah because THEY WANT TO, they wear shorts because you can move more with shorts, and you're a lot more flexible in shorts.

Also, it's by intentions, for example, people wont stare at their awrah? they will look at the game, the ball, their kicks and jumps, not awrah.

azc
12-30-2016, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Sport is not just allowed it is encouraged in Islam. However proffesional sport and especially soccer today is a big industry in which counless harams are involved. There is always a maffia connection of famous soccer clubs. Holigans ruining the cities on the match days. Gambling is an important money fund. All such thins make proffesional soccer a dirty thing
+ so soccer isn't allowed now..?

sister herb
12-30-2016, 01:55 PM
But what about the origin of soccer? Who invented it? If it´s kafir-origin, would it be as imitating kafirs if we play it? Or watch it?

:nervous:

Zeal
12-30-2016, 02:04 PM
They don't literally show their awrah, if that's the case, then the same thing happens with Jeans, sweat pants, normal pants.

It doesn't show their awrah because THEY WANT TO, they wear shorts because you can move more with shorts, and you're a lot more flexible in shorts.

Also, it's by intentions, for example, people wont stare at their awrah? they will look at the game, the ball, their kicks and jumps, not awrah.
Lol they show their awrah* on purpose tho(shorts above the knee's) and you look at it. And if we want maximum flexibility footballers may aswell go all out naked on the pitch coz that's how you achieve maximum flexibility. Would you still allow us to look?
If in doubt just ask a sheikh

And it seems you misunderstand the concept of actions judged by intentions what is haram is haram even though we may seek a benefit from it. I.e: music for dawah.. sometimes it works to bring people to islam but it is still impermissible.

*I have heard theres ikhtilaaf on what awrah is but i mainly hear its knees to navel

Allahu'alam

Zeal
12-30-2016, 02:07 PM
https://youtu.be/etzXNLvc36A

Here the shiekh say it depends on what you think the awrah is

sister herb
12-30-2016, 02:14 PM
So here isn´t many sports we could really watch because players aren´t suitable dressed. Riding maybe is allowed? What else?

azc
12-30-2016, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
But what about the origin of soccer? Who invented it? If it´s kafir-origin, would it be as imitating kafirs if we play it? Or watch it?:nervous:
I couldn't get your point. You mean If something invented by them then we should not take part in it or use it..? Then how we can use this internet...? Or your logic is related to sports only..?

Al Sultan
12-30-2016, 02:28 PM
Brother, do THEY know themselves, that they are showing their awrah? shorts are not THAT tight, they are wearing it for a reason, they are wearing it because they want to flex their legs, not to show their awrah.

As I said, footballers play (an official match) for 90 minutes, would someone waste their 90 minutes looking a their awrah? and also, their awrah is cover, it's not shown, maybe a bit but the majority of it, its covered.

And if we want maximum flexibility footballers may aswell go all out naked on the pitch coz that's how you achieve maximum flexibility.

Dude,You can achieve maximum flexibility with sports shorts, not being naked, this is where you're taking it out of context, I have wore sports shorts and they are extremely flexible.

Don't know if that was a joke.

Would you still allow us to look?
Let's get realistic here, will we waste 90 MINUTES, looking at professional footballer's awrah? really? no one would even look at them! the audience would look at the ball, the kicks, the runs, you cant say that.

I don't know if ANYWHERE in my mind, I would think 'I need to get off the pitch, people are looking at my awrah' like why? what's the purpose of looking at a footballer's awrah? it's just stupid and illogical if you think about it, I wouldn't, because I know that people come to the stadium to watch FOOTBALL, not looking at my awrah.

And it seems you misunderstand the concept of actions judged by intentions what is haram is haram even though we may seek a benefit from it. I.e: music for dawah.. sometimes it works to bring people to islam but it is still impermissible.
This is literally what you said,

But then dont the soccer players show their awrah??
You said don't they 'show' their awrah, this is why I said you have to know the intention, the neeya, you cant say they are LITERALLY SHOWING their awrah, they are not, this is simply a misunderstanding, you don't wear shorts to 'show' your awrah, you wear shorts because it makes you flex your legs, and have the ability to kick, run, tackle.

I don't know who would play music to attract people to Islam, that's just an illogical ideafor a dawah ( no offence )

Yes but, before I do the dawah, I NEED to THINK before bringing out my dawah..

If making football haram just because one 'shows' his awrah then we're not using logic or reason here, I play football because I see it as a fun way to exercise and keep my body in shape, I love the sport too.

anatolian
12-30-2016, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
+ so soccer isn't allowed now..?
I dont know. But participating in such a dirty industry seems not Islamic. But I dont see any unIslamic thing in playing or watching amateur sports. Again we come to the same topic..Things that change with how you do it. If you do it in a halal way it is halal, if you do it in a haram way it is haram

sister herb
12-30-2016, 02:41 PM
I couldn't get your point. You mean If something invented by them then we should not take part in it or use it..? Then how we can use this internet...? Or your logic is related to sports only..?
I meant only soccer. Sometimes we here discuss about doing this or that and then reason why not to do or use something is because this thing or habit is invented by kafirs and doing it is imitating them. Same logic doesn´t works with sports? I am just curious about the matter, that´s all.

Al Sultan
12-30-2016, 03:11 PM
The thing is, this is sports, not religion.

If a Muslim coach came and coached a big Arab team, let's say Al Hilal, Saudi Arabia's best club in the country's history (one of my personal favorites too)

He coached the team, but he didn't succeed, he won 0 trophies, and he failed to win the league.

Then Al Hilal kick this coach out, and bring a Kafir coach, although he is good, he's good with tactics and knows which players fit in the team.

This Kafir, won the treble for the club, at the first season, he goes on to win countless trophies.

Now, if I came, as a young coach, learn from this Kafir, his tactics and know how to work out my team, is it haram? no its not.

THIS is SPORTS, NOT religion, religion is something else, we cant always interfere religion with sports.

At the end of the day, Allah knows that out intention was to learn from this Kafir tactics to win trophies for our team, not adapt and learn his Atheistic beliefs..

Obviously it's haram to learn this Kafir's beliefs, but learning from him tactics in SPORTS, it's not haram, it's not even logical.

azc
12-30-2016, 03:14 PM
I meant only soccer. Sometimes we here discuss about doing this or that and then reason why not to do or use something is because this thing or habit is invented by kafirs and doing it is imitating them. Same logic doesn´t works with sports? I am just curious about the matter, that´s all.
and fact is that most of the famous games/sports of this age were invented or at least are controlled by them. So this logic will apply on other sports as well. I think there should be other internal or external factors for not taking interest in sports... Do you know what the scholars say about this issue..?

azc
12-30-2016, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I dont know. But participating in such a dirty industry seems not Islamic. But I dont see any unIslamic thing in playing or watching amateur sports. Again we come to the same topic..Things that change with how you do it. If you do it in a halal way it is halal, if you do it in a haram way it is haram
I think you are saying correct. Thanks

sister herb
12-30-2016, 03:29 PM
and fact is that most of the famous games/sports of this age were invented or at least are controlled by them. So this logic will apply on other sports as well. I think there should be other internal or external factors for not taking interest in sports... Do you know what the scholars say about this issue..?
I don´t know what scholars say. That´s why I brought this perspective to the discussion to learn more.

azc
12-30-2016, 03:31 PM
I don´t know what scholars say. That´s why I brought this perspective to the discussion to learn more.
I saw this fatwa: https://islamqa.info/en/146844

azc
12-30-2016, 03:39 PM
It's also related to the topic:http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/18090

Zeal
12-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Brother, do THEY know themselves, that they are showing their awrah? shorts are not THAT tight, they are wearing it for a reason, they are wearing it because they want to flex their legs, not to show their awrah.

As I said, footballers play (an official match) for 90 minutes, would someone waste their 90 minutes looking a their awrah? and also, their awrah is cover, it's not shown, maybe a bit but the majority of it, its covered.

Dude,You can achieve maximum flexibility with sports shorts, not being naked, this is where you're taking it out of context, I have wore sports shorts and they are extremely flexible.

Don't know if that was a joke.

Let's get realistic here, will we waste 90 MINUTES, looking at professional footballer's awrah? really? no one would even look at them! the audience would look at the ball, the kicks, the runs, you cant say that.

I don't know if ANYWHERE in my mind, I would think 'I need to get off the pitch, people are looking at my awrah' like why? what's the purpose of looking at a footballer's awrah? it's just stupid and illogical if you think about it, I wouldn't, because I know that people come to the stadium to watch FOOTBALL, not looking at my awrah.

This is literally what you said,

You said don't they 'show' their awrah, this is why I said you have to know the intention, the neeya, you cant say they are LITERALLY SHOWING their awrah, they are not, this is simply a misunderstanding, you don't wear shorts to 'show' your awrah, you wear shorts because it makes you flex your legs, and have the ability to kick, run, tackle.

I don't know who would play music to attract people to Islam, that's just an illogical ideafor a dawah ( no offence )

Yes but, before I do the dawah, I NEED to THINK before bringing out my dawah..

If making football haram just because one 'shows' his awrah then we're not using logic or reason here, I play football because I see it as a fun way to exercise and keep my body in shape, I love the sport too.

I'm not into the arguing business the sheikh said it's haram if awrah is shown.
It is shown and for examples sake:
Attachment 5923
Clearly, the part of the area between knee to navel is being shown, which is awrah. It's not about how much awrah is being shown but the fact that it is, which is the issue here.

One can also claim that max flexibility can be achieved when the awrah is covered too...
----

Stupid things happen in life, don't be surprised
-----
I didn't say you can't play football but you should keep your awrah covered

Assalamu alaykum

Al Sultan
12-30-2016, 04:52 PM
I don't understand how wearing athletic shorts exposes your awrah, and is it haram to wear shorts by the way? ( I heard that it is haram but I want to make sure )

How can I keep my awrah covered then? what pants do you think will work? there are athletic pants, but they are tight..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.