/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not making eye contact- we sinning?

Nk01
12-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Salaam,

Hope who reads this is in great health InshaAllah.

If a person's actions troubles and angers you; where they are evidently committing a sin and you confront it to that person. In hope they will fix up but rather they burst into an argument each time.

On the authority of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudree (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, “Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then [let him change it] with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest of faith.” [Muslim]

Taking this hadith on board, we have given up in helping someone whose so ignorant. When issues are addressed there are arguments.
Therefore, to avoid any conflict 6 family members out of 7 avoid any conversation with that one person. We cannot look at 'her' in the face; as you know anger will overwhelm you. We live in the same house but walk past like 'she' does not exist.

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) forbade Muslims from abandoning eachother for more than three days:

Abu Ayyub Ansiri reported Allah's Messenger (pbuh) as saying:

“It is not permissible for a Muslim to have estranged relations with his brother beyond three nights, the one turning one way and the other turning the other way when they meet; the better of the two is one who is the first to give a greeting.” (Muslim, Book 032, Number 6210)(Bukhari)

Are we sinning? For not talking to that person, as it's now been over 6 months where any face to face contact is avoided.

Every time i sit In sajda, only one dua is poured out that 'not let anger overtake me' but as soon as that person comes in front of us, we cannot tolerate 'her' at all. Nor does 'she' leave us alone, as 'she's' constantly in our face. We literally ignore her presence and we don't feel guilty at all.

Situation is such, that person is by herself in this country and has no one but my mother who is her niece! My mother is blinded by her 'love.'

Isit ok in this circumstance to not have any sort of conversation with that person, knowing all they do is twist your words and cause trouble?

JazakaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.