/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How important is the profession of the father, when hunting for a daughter-in-law

anonymous
12-31-2016, 03:47 PM
I am looking for a daughter-in-law . I want to understand purely from an Islamic Perspective as to how important the occupation of her father and how the same can negatively impact their relationship with my Son. What are the questionable and unlawful characteristics that are not acceptable ?

For eg , if the son from a well to do business/Professional family , will marrying from a poorer lower income lead to all sorts of mental compatibility , inferiority/superiority complex and other issues

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-03-2017, 04:43 PM
:sl:

I and my late wife came from different social class. I came from high educated wealthy family. My father was engineer who worked as high rank government official. While my father in-law was low educated and worked as low rank government employee in other institution. But this difference never became a problem. I always honor my father in-law with same honor like I honor my father. There was no superiority/inferiority complex between my family and my late wife family.

The father's profession and difference of social class between husband family and wife family will not become a problem if both parties do not regard this difference as problem.

noraina
01-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

It shouldn't really be a problem, as long as he is earning his income through halal means that's all you need. As we often hear, what matters most when looking for marriage is deen and character, and profession or status doesn't have anything to do with that.

And as Muslims someone's wealth or status shouldn't matter to us, because we are all equal, no-one is superior or inferior to another person before Allah swt and if that is always kept in mind then there shouldn't be any conflicts arising between anyone inshaAllah.

May Allah swt make it easy for everyone searching for a righteous spouse. Ameen.

aaj
01-03-2017, 05:17 PM
You will have to see how closer they are to the deen vs the culture. The closer they are to the deen, the less problems you will have inshallah, the closer they are to the culture the more problems you will have.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
01-03-2017, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
The father's profession and difference of social class between husband family and wife family will not become a problem if both parties do not regard this difference as problem.
This is the most important. Don´t try to looking for problems which don´t exit at all - or if you do so, you´ll make those things as problems by yourself.

hisnameiszzz
01-03-2017, 09:03 PM
I went to a sermon last week and the Imam said the only thing you should look at is the person's Deen and their characteristics, i.e. they are not violent.

Looks and beauty can and will fade. Money can come and go.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.