/* */

PDA

View Full Version : waswas on shirk

ak0016
01-02-2017, 04:47 AM
i get thoughts of kufr and shirk. i get thoughts on kufr on a lot of actions i do then i get thoughts of kufr like i acted on them. for example i had thoughts of me commiting shirk or thoughts of doing it to disobey Allah or obey Allah. im not sure or not educated or read enough of Quaran if the those actions are commiting shirk. im not sure i get doubts and when i see anything that represents other religion a lot of the times mind is telling i am commiting shirk. i had a thought that i commited shirk i flip my phone to avoid camera pointing up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-02-2017, 11:48 AM
These are wasawas from shaytan. They aren't harmful at all. You will be more disturbed if you continuously think of them

_SlaveOfAllah_
01-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Assalam Alaikum!

This is clearly the waswaas of Shaitaan. Let me tell you, at one point of my life, I too had these thoughts, and I thought that I was a kafir, a munaafiq and so on.... These are natural thoughts for a Muslim....but what you have to do is just ignore all of these waswaas.

The fact that your concerned about you being a kaafir towards Allah is actually a sign of faith... when Shaitaan sees that your turning towards Allah, he immediately takes the opportunity to lead you astray..... but let me tell you never EVER give up. Read the Quraan, Ponder over its verses, listen to tafseer classes on YouTube, watch short reminders but most importantly Pray and make Dua to Allah to keep you on the straight path

In Sha Allah, I Hope that This helped

Wa Assalam !!

Zyk
02-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Asalam Walikum is anyone still on this thread? I too am going through this. Just wanted some support. But positive please! THe internet is a scary place and I just want support till I get through this IA very soon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
02-02-2017, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zyk
Asalam Walikum is anyone still on this thread? I too am going through this. Just wanted some support. But positive please! THe internet is a scary place and I just want support till I get through this IA very soon.
make sure you are in a state of ghusl and wudhu, and wearing clean clothes. Ignore the waswas, and recite from Qur'an each time it happens. It will soon stop.

Scimi

Zyk
02-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Jazakallah. I am trying very very hard. It feels like it's been a long time! I think I made the situation 10 times worse by looking on the internet! Lol.
I pray Allah that he gets everyone out of these horrible thoughts.
We all love Allah so ofcourse we will get there IA!

whosebob
02-03-2017, 01:13 PM
I am putting this information here for people that suffer very badly from waswasa. Sometimes it is both a medical and spiritual battle. Please be careful. If it becomes to much then seek the help of a doctor.

Islamic solution to schizophrenia that helps me.

I have schizophrenia but I have found the solution that helps me. There are times when this solution is too difficult for me especially when I am being overwhelmed. When things are easier, when the voices are not too much then I go back to my regiment. It’s important because it is a form of meditation that is very peaceful. My parents and family were also very patient with me when this all started, this was also vital. The important thing for me is that I was reminded everyday of God’s oneness. This really helped me because I was hearing terrible things about God.

The solution that helps me.

1. I Pray everyday
In Islam, Muslims pray 5 times a day. When this all started all I could do was prostrate and declare God’s oneness with my index finger. But things did get better for a while. I still struggle with prayers but I still do my best which does make me feel better.

2. I write to God about my life in a dairy.
My problem is that I forget easily the blessing in my life. Hearing the voices everyday makes one really depressed. But having a diary to God really helps me. Reason being is that I replace a negative thought process with a positive one. I don’t write about negative things in my diary. I talk about comics, good jokes, heaven, art, computer graphics, good deeds that I see people doing and especially my family and friends etc.

3. I Recite God’s names
In Islam, God has many names which relate to his personality. This helps me understand God better which helps me realize that God is with me through my sickness God willing.

The following are examples are God’s names
God: Allah
God the Merciful : ar-Raheem
God the Healer : al-Qayoom
God the Compassionate : ash-Shafee
God the Granter of Peace: as-Salaam

I was really struggling in the beginning and then I found a book of God’s names. The first name I read was (al-Muqmeen) God - The preserver of faith. To this day it’s one of my favourite names of God because I do believe without His support I would have lost faith a long time ago.

Please note: I try everyday to make relevant prayers by each of God’s names. For instance God the healer (al-Qayoom), Here, I pray for my health as well as my family and friends etc It really helps me find peace. In Islam we repeat God’s names as a form of Meditation. It’s called thikr. We use rosemary beads which really helps Muslims go to a peaceful place.

4. I also Read Quran/Surah Hasr
Allah is He than whom there is no other god Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He Most Gracious Most Merciful.

Allah is He other than whom there is no other god the sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), The Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (high is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or colors). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might the Wise.

5.I also Read Quran/Surah al-Ikhlaṣ

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,
Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to none like unto Him."

6. I take Medication
I do take medication which really helps. I did find a psychiatrist and medication that suits me. I believe God provides relief that’s why I never forget to take my meds.

I hope that this information helps you and all those suffering from schizophrenia.

Peace and Blessings be upon you

whosebob
02-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Another way to fight waswassa is through thikr. I extend my index on my right hand to declare that Allah is one. It is the same action one does in salaah when you read the shahadah. I can't talk properly that why I do this action but it can be used by anyone inshallah. When I hear the voices telling me that I am Kaffir or that I am committing shirk I immediately perform this action. This way I am reaffirming my faith to Allah and also reminding myself that I am a believer..

Kdot
02-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Is it bad to say these thoughts aloud

_SlaveOfAllah_
02-15-2017, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kdot
Is it bad to say these thoughts aloud
Actually, it is.. But you know who could she/he get this doubt clarified from? How would that person proceed if she/he never ca,pie to know that it is the waswaas of Shaitaan?????

;)

Shama Mehjabin
10-24-2018, 01:05 PM
Wa 'Alaikumus Salam. I'm having silly thoughts now. You're not alone.

MazharShafiq
10-24-2018, 02:21 PM
Are you aware that we have a very dangerous and sly enemy who tries to make you deviate from the true way, who wants you to suffer eternal torture, who has devoted his whole life for it, who was damned by Allah and who was expelled from His presence? His name is SATAN. He is our greatest enemy. He has dragged millions of people to Hell and is till dragging. Every living person is a target of this enemy. He is watching you while you are watching this film now and making plans to deceive you. He knows you and your weaknesses better than you. He has only one desire and aim: To drag as many people as possible including you to Hell along with himself. Then, the first thing to do in order to resist this enemy is to know him, his tricks and tactics very well. his primary and most dangerous weapon: DELUSION (WASWASA

ZeeshanParvez
10-24-2018, 02:38 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alahyhi wa sallam) said, "Allah has forgiven my followers the evil thoughts that occur to their minds, as long as such thoughts are not put into action or uttered." And Qatada said, "If someone divorces his wife just in his mind, such an un-uttered divorce has no effect.:

[Sahiih al-Bukhaari Hadiith No. 5269]

The best guidance is that of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alahyi wa sallam).

There is your answer.

I remember I suffered from such horrible evil thoughts as you have mentioned. I suffered them for a straight year.

Don't utter what you think and do not act upon it. You will be fine.

And be happy that the devil can only do so much as incite evil thoughts and nothing more. Read the following hadiith

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

A man came to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and said: Messenger of Allah! one of us has thoughts of such nature that he would rather be reduced to charcoal than speak about them. He said: Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great. Praise be to Allah Who has reduced the guile of the devil to evil prompting. Ibn Qudamah said "reduced his matter" instead of "reduced his guile".

Ibn Qudamah said "reduced his matter" instead of "reduced his guile"

[Sunan Abi Dawud]

You are not alone. Others have suffered with this as well. Keep holding on tight to the rope of Allaah. He will deliver you from your problem. Also consider reciting the following

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying:

He who uttered these words:" There is no god but Allah, the One, having no partner with Him. Sovereignty belongs to Him and all the praise is due to Him, and He is Potent over everything" one hundred times every day there is a reward of emancipating ten slaves for him, and there are recorded hundred virtues to his credit, and hundred vices are blotted out from his scroll, and that is a safeguard for him against the Satan on that day till evening and no one brings anything more excellent than this, except one who has done more than this (who utters these words more than one hundred times and does more good acts) and he who utters:" Hallowed be Allah, and all praise is due to Him," one hundred times a day, his sins are obliterated even if they are equal to the extent of the foam of the ocean.

[Sahiih al-Bukhaari]

Arabic to be recited

لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ ‏

Nitro Zeus
10-25-2018, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ak0016
i get thoughts of kufr and shirk. i get thoughts on kufr on a lot of actions i do then i get thoughts of kufr like i acted on them. for example i had thoughts of me commiting shirk or thoughts of doing it to disobey Allah or obey Allah. im not sure or not educated or read enough of Quaran if the those actions are commiting shirk. im not sure i get doubts and when i see anything that represents other religion a lot of the times mind is telling i am commiting shirk. i had a thought that i commited shirk i flip my phone to avoid camera pointing up.
Do not worry my friend. I perfectly understand you, because I’ve been into a similar situation like you. But, when I came to Islam and had many evil thoughts uncontrollable, I mean, I don’t have’-em just because I want so, and not because I’m angry that I entered Islam. It is because the idiot Satan who doesn’t leave us alone. And my Muslim father has given me a precious advice, which is, “seek refuge from God against the cursed one and never speak about it, be silent.” And my Christian mother gave me another precious advice, “ignore the Satan, and he’ll leave you alone. Because, if he see you that you are not bothered by him, then Satan will no longer give you bad thoughts. Because, ignoring always hurts.” Remember that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.