/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Appointment on samara' story similar to islamic

Nisthar
01-02-2017, 05:40 AM
Hi Guys,

I heard a story. I think its titled 'Appointment on samara'. The story is like that a merchant see his death infront of him and with fear, he fled into samara which is far away from there. But the death would be waiting infront of him. The merchant ask the death "why you look so surprised?" the death says "Because i had an appointment with you on samara today"

I think this story is similar to the islamic history that happend in the time of prophet suleiman(pbuh).

I don't have much information on this story. I heard it from a tv show. Is there any chance that they get this story from bible? or they may have copied from quran?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-02-2017, 08:54 AM
This story has many different versions but one source might be from the Jewish folktales.

In that version, it´s the appointment in Luz, the secret city where no one dies. The king Solomon hears how birds talk together that the Death has an appointment with two of his men. When he tells about it to them they are scared and beg help. The king Solomon knows the secret of the city of Luz where all of its inhabitants are immortal. Men try to go there but as soon as they have arrived to the city of Luz, they´ll meet there the Angel of Death who is waiting them. "How did you know to look us from here?", men ask and the Angel of Death answers: "This is where I was told to meet you."

As this theme is very common with the all people as how to escape from the death and become immortal, the original story might be older.

Scimitar
01-02-2017, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
As this theme is very common with the all people as how to escape from the death and become immortal, the original story might be older.
Indeed.

"We appointed immortality for no mortal before thee. What! if thou diest, can they be immortal!" Quran 21:34

Scimi

Nisthar
01-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Thanks for explaining.

The king Solomon knows the secret of the city of Luz where all of its inhabitants are immortal
Sorry, What does this mean? Does it means jewish version is fake since no one is immortal?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
01-03-2017, 06:18 PM
It´s a folktales. It doesn´t need to be true story but just a figment of the imagination.

Nisthar
01-04-2017, 07:42 AM
It´s a folktales. It doesn´t need to be true story but just a figment of the imagination.
I don't have much knowledge. But I think our prophet muhammad (saw) said this story of prophet Suleiman(pbuh). Right?
So, do you think the other versions are derived from the same story?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.