/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is what im doing wrong after wudu and during prayer.

ak0016
01-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Before prayer after wudu i recite i forgot to say ashadu then i recite alla ilaha illahu wa ash hadu muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu and allahummaj alni minuthawaabeena waj'alnee munal i said minual mutathahiren. when i cite the dua i just stand up and cite it. i dont use my hands my hands are rested i dont hold them out. is this wrong. when i prayed im not sure but i think i rushed a verse or moved up to fast when citing a verse to catch up. i use a video to learn how to pray i follow along with the video but sometimed i will miss verses or mispronounciate verses a lot or a few words in the verses.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Akeyi
01-02-2017, 01:17 PM
YOU RECEIVED ONLY 1 LIKE THATS SAD BUT DONT WORRY WRITE GOOD THINGS I HOPE YOU CAN GET MORE

UND about prayer i dont know much about that stuff read a book maybe

Ruqaya Vanh
01-02-2017, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ak0016
Before prayer after wudu i recite i forgot to say ashadu then i recite alla ilaha illahu wa ash hadu muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu and allahummaj alni minuthawaabeena waj'alnee munal i said minual mutathahiren. when i cite the dua i just stand up and cite it. i dont use my hands my hands are rested i dont hold them out. is this wrong. when i prayed im not sure but i think i rushed a verse or moved up to fast when citing a verse to catch up. i use a video to learn how to pray i follow along with the video but sometimed i will miss verses or mispronounciate verses a lot or a few words in the verses.

Salaam 3laikum

I begin in the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. O Allah, bless Muhammad and his family. O Allah, I take refuge with You from misleading or getting misled, making mistakes or being made to make mistakes, doing wrong or being made to act wrongly, and (from) acting ignorantly or being made to act with ignorance. [O Allah] Mighty is Your protection, Holy are Your names, Sublime are Your praises, and there is no god besides You. In the name of Allah, sufficient for me is Allah. I rely O Allah, and there is no power and strength except with Allah. O Allah, strengthen my heart and let truth appear on my tongue. O Allah, bless Muhammad and his family.

There are many variations on salaat depending on what madhab (Maliki, Hanifi, Hanbali, Shafi) you follow. However, there are stricked guidelines that should be followed which are the same for all.
The way I will explain to you is how I learned it from the Maliki Madhab.

The prair (salaat) is devided into prair-units called Raq'at. One prair can consist of 2, 3, 4 or more raq'at depending on which prair you perform.

Because I am a convert myself I had to learn this from scratch, so I as well started to search for it on YouTube. The one I found really helpfull was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmdr1J9Htx8&t=1602s
But the best help I had was following an Islam course. You can take many classes a several mosques. To participate, just talk to your imam, he will definitly be able to advice you. If not, just do some internet searches - thats how I found mine.

We distinguish three parts in our prair.
There are obligated parts and an non-obligated parts.
Within the obligated parts we find the pillars and the obligation.
The difference between the two is that if you forget a pillar, your prair will not be valid, but if you forget an obligation, you can add a suplication at the end of your prair. Depending on the mistake you made you can make a soudjout before or after the tasliem.

To understand the prair you must first know which are the pillars and which are obligations.

Pillars of the salaat
  • the sequence in progress
  • standing up straight (if you couldn't because of illness, that is an other matter)
  • Takbierat al Ihram (opening "Allahu Akbar" - if you do not perform this opening, your prair will not have started)
  • recitation of Al Fatiha
  • roekoe'a (bending down with the hands rested on the knees)
  • rising from roekoe'a
  • soudjout (kneeling down)
  • sitting between 2 soudjout
  • the last Tashahud
  • dua for peace for our Prophet (saws)
  • tasliem (greetings to the right and left angel at your side)

obligation in the salaat

• pray in the direction of the Qibla
  • tansition takbier
  • a minimum of 1 Soubhana rabil'adhiem during roekoe'a
  • if you are imam or if you pray alone: Sami Allahoe liman hamida
  • Rabana wa lokal hamd
  • a minimum of 1 Soubhana rabbi Allah during soudjout
  • 3 times: Rabbi gharfirli
  • Tashahud after the second raq'at

non-obligated but very recommended in the salaat

• reciting a surah or ayat after Al Fatiha during the first and second raq'at
  • standing completly still (in arabic refered to as Makruh - unnecessary movement - is not recommended and should be avoided, but it does not make your prair invalid)

If you understand these parts you can more easily perform your prair, because making mistakes is human. Even our Prophet Peace and Blessing be upon Him, would sometimes make a mistake. Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala made Him do so, so that we could learn how to correct the mistakes we make in our prair.

The following way to pray is the way I learned it from my teacher.

• Standing straight facing the Qibla
  • Takbierat Al Ihram
    • raise your hands level to your shoulders or ears
    • say "Allahu Akbar"

• Put your hands together between the chest and abdomen. Fingers closed and eyes fixed to the place of sudjout.
  • Recite your opening dua
  • Say
    • a'oudu billahi mina saitani rajim
    • Bismillahi rahmani rahiem

• First Raq'at
    • Recite Al-Fatiha and close with "Amien"
    • Recite a surah or ayat in the first and second raq'at
    • Transition Takbier (Bring the hands up and while you bend to perform roekoe'a you say "Allahu Akbar")
    • Place the hands on the knees, fingers closed and repeat at 1, 3, 5, 7, ... times: Soubhana rabil'adhiem
    • Come back in a straight position lift the hands as if you are performing a takbier and say if you pray alone or if you are an imam during this movement, "Sami Allahu liman Hamidah"
    • While going down to perform sudjout say: "Rabbanaa wa lokal hamd"
    • Make sudjout
      • This consists of a sajdat (kneeling) with 7 points beeing both of the hands, the knees, the toes on both feet and the face (forhead and nose)
      • Say 1, 3, 5, 7,... times Soubhana Rabbiya-l A3lla
      • Here you are free to add your own dua, questions, thanks or wishes to Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala)

• Sit upright on the left foot and keep the right foot standing with the toes pointing towards the Qibla (this is not easy if you are not used to it, but it is sunnah to be performed in this way)
      • Repeat a minimum of three times Rabbi Gharfirli

• Perform the second sudjout

• End of Raq'at

• At the end of every 2nd ra'qat make the dua A Ttashahhud (the supplication of testimony)
    • Attahiyyaatu lillaahi ssalawaatu wa-wa-ttayyibaat, salaamu 3ala-nnabiyyi warahmatu-llaahi barakaatuh wa, wa salaamu 3alaynaa 3alaa 3ibaadi-laahi-ssaalihien, ash-hadu allaa-ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna muhammedan 3adhuhoe warasoeluh

• At the end of the last ra'qat make the dua A Ttashahhud and add A-Ssalaat Al-Ibraahiemiyyah (the prayers of Ibrahim) to it
    • ​This is done by sitting (left foot under the right and the toes of the right foot pointing in the direction of the Qiblah) with the index finger of the right hand stretched forward towards the Qiblah and quickly move it up and down, while you look at the finger and pronounce the supplication.
    • Allaahumma sallie 3alaa muhammadin 3alaa wa aali muhammadin, kamaa sallayta 3alaa Ibrahim wa aali 3alaa Ibrahim, wa baarik 3alaa muhammadin wa aali 3alaa muhammadin, kamaa baarakta 3alaa Ibraahiema 3alaa wa aali ibraahiema, innaka hamiedun madjied

• ​The prayer ends with the tasleem (desire for peace and greeting the two angels on the right and left who write down our actions)
    • ​first right, then left
    • "Assalaamu 3laikum wa Rahmatullah"

As for the dua after making wudu, this is the one I say:
Ash-hadu allaa-ilaaha illa-llaah wahdahoe laa sharieka lah, wa ash-hadu anna muhammmadan 3abduhoe wa-rasoeluh, allaahumma-dj3alnie mina-ttawaabiena wa-dj3alnie mina-l-mutatahhirien

Interpretation of the meaning:"I bear witness that there is no god except Allah, the only one who has no partner and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger, oh Allah, make me one of the repentant and those who purify themselves."

Insha'Allah this will be helpfull for you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them.

Assalaam 3laikum

Huzaifah ibn Adam
01-02-2017, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ak0016
In the scenario you mentioned, you will not raise your hands when making Du`aa. You raise your hands when making Du`aa after the Fardh Salaah, Tahajjud, etc. When making the daily Masnoon Du`aas such as when looking in the mirror, when putting on clothes or wearing new clothes, before eating, after eating, before sleeping, after waking up, etc. you will not raise your hands. You will just make the Du`aa.

والله تعالى أعلم

والسلام

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.