/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bad idea to move to Turkey?

Mustafa16
01-03-2017, 05:07 AM
out of national pride, and a desire to live in a Muslim country, I want to move to Turkey after I finish college, or even during college...(I'm in the 12th grade)...is this a bad idea, considering my family is Gulenist and the bad economy and the terror attacks and the possibility of civil war in the country (that's what I hear from my father, is that the country is spiraling into civil war), and the possibility of a coup?
EDIT: @anatolian

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Akeyi
01-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Mecca and medine are different places istanbul will be the again control centrum of ummah. But if you wanna live likr western people now you can do it in future i hope we dont even have that option. In our prophet SAV life there are 2 parts mecca und medina. One is the time establishing and second is the time of peace. While establishing with ideas with sword there was fight. And in time of peace it was the best time of happines in the time of time. Like i wrote because of there is no united muslims state. Some people live like it is time of peace some live under real fight.

sister herb
01-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Brother Mustafa16, in your post you wrote several reasons why moving wouldn´t be good idea right now (the bad economy and the terror attacks and the possibility of civil war in the country). Plus what your family likes about it? You don´t want to make them worry about yourself, right? You better study, looking for job after that, establish your own, independent life and then, when you know for sure what are you doing, you are free to make kind of decisions. It takes years and situations may change in Turkey too.

azc
01-03-2017, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
out of national pride, and a desire to live in a Muslim country, I want to move to Turkey after I finish college, or even during college...(I'm in the 12th grade)...is this a bad idea, considering my family is Gulenist and the bad economy and the terror attacks and the possibility of civil war in the country (that's what I hear from my father, is that the country is spiraling into civil war), and the possibility of a coup?EDIT: @anatolian
then it's better for you to stay at your place

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cooterhein
01-03-2017, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
out of national pride, and a desire to live in a Muslim country, I want to move to Turkey after I finish college, or even during college...(I'm in the 12th grade)...is this a bad idea, considering my family is Gulenist and the bad economy and the terror attacks and the possibility of civil war in the country (that's what I hear from my father, is that the country is spiraling into civil war), and the possibility of a coup?
EDIT: @anatolian

Listen bro. Even if you wait until you're 18 or 19 or whatever, if you do this without the full knowledge and consent of your family, you know what this is going to look like. And the other reasons you gave are fairly compelling as well. Maybe you could start by asking your parents if they would ever want to move there when things are more stable, and ask them what a suitably stable situation would look like to them. If you let them know you'd like it if the family winds up there, and you would happily live near them in Turkey if they go there, that would come across very nicely to them. If you make it seem like you're planning to leave them behind while making a journey to an unsafe place that's bound to put everyone at full suspicion, that is not going to come across quite as well. They'll be worried about that, and with good reason.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.