/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Instagram famous "Muslim" couple are not what they seem.

Aicha
01-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Salam.

How much can we trust social media famous Muslims?..., people seem to get famous off of our community and then either turn their backs on us or turn out to be frauds who misguide our impression youth. Another example is an Instagram famous Muslim couple.... Her revert husband leads a double life: on Instagram he is a Muslim but he moonlights as a writer for a racist, Islamophobic, Dutch blog that the equivalent of Breitbart. He has said some horrible things about the Prophet (pbuh) and our beautiful religion, but also attacked specific Muslim communities such as Turkish and Moroccans.

For more info read: redacted

What can we do to prevent people like this from continuing profit by our community?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibrahimz
01-05-2017, 05:54 AM
Bismillahrahmanrahim

I skimmed through his writings, and while I see his perspective, the way he espouses is inherently problematic imho. I do think that some cultures (if more aligned to Islamic values) can be regarded as "better" - however, I think that judgement of that is reserved for Allah (the most merciful, the most high) and *maybe* Hz Isa (peace be upon him) when he returns, inshallah.

Perhaps Islamic scholars can help guide each culture to repurify itself with our deen, but no culture is perfectly aligned with Islam right now so I think it does a great disservice to our beautiful deen to start doing inward judging. If anything, our Ummah needs combined guidance and leadership to help strengthen ourselves. This type of judgement is not befitting for our religion, and am not sure is helpful for us as an Ummah.

I think it's highly dangerous to start judging other cultures as better or worse right now. We need to guide each other, yes - but we need to do that through love & respect - not judgment.

No culture right now is perfectly aligned with Islam ([and not sure if it will ever be, there are ayahs that describe how there will always be things us humans will disagree. Allah [the most merciful, the most exalted] knows best and will tell us about where we differ, inshallah).

Anyway sorry for the rant. And of course Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) knows best. I hope I didn't say anything blasphemous to our deen or beloved Prophet (peace and blessing upon him)!

Allahimdillah, we will get there. Until then, we should rely on Allah (the most merciful, the most exalted) and make duas for our brothers and sisters so that they may be best be guided, inshallah.

*charisma*
01-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Aicha
Salam.

How much can we trust social media famous Muslims? ..., people seem to get famous off of our community and then either turn their backs on us or turn out to be frauds who misguide our impression youth. Another example is an Instagram famous Muslim couple .... Her revert husband leads a double life: on Instagram he is a Muslim but he moonlights as a writer for a racist, Islamophobic, Dutch blog that the equivalent of Breitbart. He has said some horrible things about the Prophet (pbuh) and our beautiful religion, but also attacked specific Muslim communities such as Turkish and Moroccans.

For more info read: redacted

What can we do to prevent people like this from continuing profit by our community?
None of these Muslims really uphold Islamic values, so it's better to stay away from such people. They're brainwashed into the world of social networking and westernization. Pranking is not allowed in Islam, men dressing up as a women and vice versa is forbidden, and exploiting the homeless or destitute only costs them their afterlife because it's arrogant work... at the end of the day there is no benefit from watching individuals who claim to be Muslim (I believe fousey apostated, as did some other "muslims"). The only thing we may have in common with them is the cultural upbringing which is why I believe they became popular in the first place, but other than that, they are not people who we should emulate or consider as leaders of the community, or speakers of our behalf at any degree.

My advice to any muslim is to be the best version of Islam you can be, and only look up to the teachings of the prophet pbuh as we are supposed to do. People want the opportunity of fame and fortune, but at what cost?? Their indecency comes with a price, and I feel sad for them because they blur the lines between intention and action and walk with a "no one can judge me" attitude, doing as they please.

...And the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment. [57:20]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.