/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is drawing on paint and posting picture of it on facebook,youtube etc haram

xenydar
01-08-2017, 06:06 AM
dear brother/sister
as you see, i am this generation's teen so i am addicted to drawing. it has been my favourite thing since i was a child . and my drawing got good and good but one day my firend told me the concequences in islam for this sin.
now i ought to be quitting drawing and erasing all the others, but i cant. it makes me depressed. it is hard for me, but if i post my drawings on social media or just take pictures, will i be a sinner ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
01-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Drawing is only haraam if you drawing something which is forbidden or has been forbidden by Islam. So, from what I have read, depicting any animate thing in a realistic way, whether humans or animals, isn't permitted.

So you don't need to stop drawing, there are a million other beautiful things to draw anyway. Buildings, landscapes, everyday objects ect. The prospects are truly endless. I actually did draw portraits, and when I had to find other ways to do art, I just discovered so many possibilities I hadn't even noticed before alhamdulillah. It actually was better for me.

But if you do have any images of people or animals you have drawn on social media, it would be better to take them down and replace them with something else you've done.

When you give something up for the sake of Allah swt, He gives you something even better in its place.

noraina
01-08-2017, 01:30 PM
btw, there is a difference of opinion that suggests drawing very unrealistic images of humans and animals which are clearly not real is permitted. However, you'd have to ask someone who is knowledgeable enough to make sure.

And Allah swt knoes best.

Kiro
01-08-2017, 01:31 PM
There are different opinions in regarding to drawing things that are 2D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-08-2017, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xenydar
dear brother/sisteras you see, i am this generation's teen so i am addicted to drawing. it has been my favourite thing since i was a child . and my drawing got good and good but one day my firend told me the concequences in islam for this sin.now i ought to be quitting drawing and erasing all the others, but i cant. it makes me depressed. it is hard for me, but if i post my drawings on social media or just take pictures, will i be a sinner ?
brother, do towba ......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.