PDA

View Full Version : What to say after second rak'ah?



iwantjannah
01-08-2017, 12:42 PM
If I pray 4 or 3 rak'ah prayer what do I have to say in a sitting position after second rakat?

Do I say only attahiyat and than go to 3rd rakat or do I say both attahiyyat+allahumma (+rabbana) and than go to 3rd rakat or do I have to say all of them attahiyyat+allahumma+rabbana+salam and than go to 3rd rakat?

1.) Al-Tahiyyaatu Lillaahi wa’l-salawaatu wa’l-tayyibaat. Al-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’l-Nabiyyu wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu. Al-salaamu ‘alaynaa wa ‘ala ‘ibaad-illaah il-saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluh.

2.) “Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarika ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil 'akhirati hasanatan waqina 'adhaban-nar. Rabbana-gh-firli Waliwalidayya-Walilmu'mineena-Yawma-Yaqoom-ol-hisab.

3.) salam to both sides
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.


On the second rak'ah you say the entire 1) and Allahumma sally 'ala Muhammad and go to the third rak'ah.

On the final rak'ah you do 1) 2) and 3)


Wishing you a great stay and fulfillment in performing your salahs



:peace:
Reply

iwantjannah
01-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by greenhill
Welcome to the forum.


On the second rak'ah you say the entire 1) and Allahumma sally 'ala Muhammad and go to the third rak'ah.

On the final rak'ah you do 1) 2) and 3)


Wishing you a great stay and fulfillment in performing your salahs



:peace:
JazakAllahu khair brother,

btw take a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70t...ZJKBt&index=23

Why do they say salam after second rak'at and than go to 3rd?
Reply

azc
01-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by greenhill
Welcome to the forum.On the second rak'ah you say the entire 1) and Allahumma sally 'ala Muhammad and go to the third rak'ah.On the final rak'ah you do 1) 2) and 3)Wishing you a great stay and fulfillment in performing your salahs :peace:
It's only tashahud in first sitting whereas in second one tashahud durood dua will be recited
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
greenhill
01-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by iwantjannah
JazakAllahu khair brother,

btw take a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70t...ZJKBt&index=23

Why do they say salam after second rak'at and than go to 3rd?


I cannot watch YouTube as my flash player is out of date and I can't seem to upload the newer version. Hence I cannot answer on the video.

As far as I am 'in the know' you give salaams at the end of your prayer, not in between, to the angels assigned to writing down your 'scores'. So to have 2 salams say for maghrib (one at the end of second rak'ah and one again at the end of the third) is not something I have heard of because we only give one salam at the end of all our prayers.


:peace:
Reply

greenhill
01-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by azc
It's only tashahud in first sitting whereas in second one tashahud durood dua will be recited
…… and give the salams…

But, I am not sure what you are referring to here? I only answer based on the format the OP is asking. 1) tashahud 2) durood & 3) salaams. I am taught to offer the simple salutation to our beloved prophet pbuh after the tashahud and proceed to the next rak'ah but only as far as "Allahummasolli 'ala Muhammad" (and stop there).... So please explain my error…


:peace:
Reply

iwantjannah
01-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by greenhill
I cannot watch YouTube as my flash player is out of date and I can't seem to upload the newer version. Hence I cannot answer on the video.

As far as I am 'in the know' you give salaams at the end of your prayer, not in between, to the angels assigned to writing down your 'scores'. So to have 2 salams say for maghrib (one at the end of second rak'ah and one again at the end of the third) is not something I have heard of because we only give one salam at the end of all our prayers.


:peace:
What if I pray witr or tahajjud or duha? Is it the same?
Reply

iwantjannah
01-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by azc
It's only tashahud in first sitting whereas in second one tashahud durood dua will be recited
Are you saying that we must say both attahiyyat+allahuma and than go to 3rd rak'at? What about rabbana atina, is this a part of allahuma or not?
Reply

azc
01-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by iwantjannah
Are you saying that we must say both attahiyyat allahuma and than go to 3rd rak'at? What about rabbana atina, is this a part of allahuma or not?
in first sitting you are to read tashahud (attahiyyatu...... Wa rausuluh) only and stand for third rakat; and in last sitting you are to read tashahud, drood (allahumma salli....), dua and then salam
Reply

azc
01-08-2017, 04:32 PM
@greenhill :In first sitting you are to read only tashahud. No part of durood should be read here and stand for third rakat and in last sitting you are to read tashahud , durood, dua and then salam
Reply

iwantjannah
01-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by azc
in first sitting you are to read tashahud (attahiyyatu...... Wa rausuluh) only and stand for third rakat; and in last sitting you are to read tashahud, drood (allahumma salli....), dua and then salam
JazakAllahu khair brother, also could you watch this video if no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70t11zT9hI

Why do they say "salam" in first sitting? Is because it is a witr or?
Reply

azc
01-08-2017, 05:06 PM
^It's the difference of opinion of famous 4 madhab. Which madhab do you follow.? It's better for you to consult a scholar you trust.
Reply

azc
01-08-2017, 06:03 PM
@iwantjannah : “Yahya ibn Musa reported to us, he said: ‘Abd al-‘Aziz ibn Khalid reported to us, he said: Sa‘id ibn Abi ‘Arubah narrated to us from Qatadah from ‘Azrah from Sa‘id ibn ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Abza from his father from Ubayy ibn Ka‘b, he said: ‘The Messenger of Allah would recite in Witrsabbihisma rabbika l-a‘la, and in the secondrak‘ahqul ya ayyuha l-kafirunand in the thirdqul huwa Llah, and he would not say salam except at the end of these (threerak‘ahs).’”(Sunan al-Nasa’i, Qadimi Kutub Khanah, pp. 248-9)
Reply

iwantjannah
01-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by azc
^It's the difference of opinion of famous 4 madhab. Which madhab do you follow.? It's better for you to consult a scholar you trust.
I dont follow any.

Originally Posted by azc
@iwantjannah : “Yahya ibn Musa reported to us, he said: ‘Abd al-‘Aziz ibn Khalid reported to us, he said: Sa‘id ibn Abi ‘Arubah narrated to us from Qatadah from ‘Azrah from Sa‘id ibn ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn Abza from his father from Ubayy ibn Ka‘b, he said: ‘The Messenger of Allah would recite in Witrsabbihisma rabbika l-a‘la, and in the secondrak‘ahqul ya ayyuha l-kafirunand in the thirdqul huwa Llah, and he would not say salam except at the end of these (threerak‘ahs).’”(Sunan al-Nasa’i, Qadimi Kutub Khanah, pp. 248-9)
JazakAllahu khair
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!