/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gelatine

lostboy2389
01-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Salam,

In Germany we have Haribo which has Gelatine in it but it is unknown if its from Pork or from Flower or from the Cow or whatever, though there are some people who say its from Pork. So are we allowed to eat Haribo ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-08-2017, 10:31 PM
No.

unless the packets are marked Halal, or Suitable for Vegetarians.

Which is rare.

Scimi

sister herb
01-08-2017, 10:56 PM
What type of Gelatin does HARIBO use?

HARIBO sets high benchmarks when it comes to the ingredients used for its products. Only absolutely perfect raw materials are used to manufacture HARIBO products.
Fruit gum products are made from a mixture of glucose syrup, sugar and a gelling agent such as gelatin or starch, for example. Other ingredients such as fruit and vegetable concentrates, flavorings, starch and a little citric acid are then added to this mixture.

HARIBO has produced fruit gum for over 90 years; during these many years, the company has gained extensive manufacturing experience in this area. Each different gelling agent (gelatin, starch, agar-agar etc.) results in a different consistency. Many HARIBO fans particularly appreciate the consistency of those of our products that contain gelatin - they have often done so for several generations - and do not want this consistency to change. However, HARIBO is of course also aware of the fact that products that contain gelatin do not meet every consumer's needs. For this reason, HARIBO also offers alternative fruit gum products - another long-standing company tradition - that are made with starch, agar-agar or Gellan gum, respectively do not contain any ingredients of animal origin whatsoever.

Our Turkey production facility uses only beef-derived gelatin; however, our Germany production facility uses pork-derived gelatin.

To determine the gelatin source, please look on the bottom half of the backside of the HARIBO USA package. If the candies packaging says "Made in Turkey" or "Product of Turkey," it was made with beef gelatin. If the candies packaging says "Made in Germany," "Made in Austria," "Product of Germany" or "Product of Austria" it was made with pork gelatin.

----------------------

Google knows.

Unfortunately halal marked products are quite rare in many western countries.

lostboy2389
01-08-2017, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb

HARIBO sets high benchmarks when it comes to the ingredients used for its products. Only absolutely perfect raw materials are used to manufacture HARIBO products.
Fruit gum products are made from a mixture of glucose syrup, sugar and a gelling agent such as gelatin or starch, for example. Other ingredients such as fruit and vegetable concentrates, flavorings, starch and a little citric acid are then added to this mixture.

HARIBO has produced fruit gum for over 90 years; during these many years, the company has gained extensive manufacturing experience in this area. Each different gelling agent (gelatin, starch, agar-agar etc.) results in a different consistency. Many HARIBO fans particularly appreciate the consistency of those of our products that contain gelatin - they have often done so for several generations - and do not want this consistency to change. However, HARIBO is of course also aware of the fact that products that contain gelatin do not meet every consumer's needs. For this reason, HARIBO also offers alternative fruit gum products - another long-standing company tradition - that are made with starch, agar-agar or Gellan gum, respectively do not contain any ingredients of animal origin whatsoever.

Our Turkey production facility uses only beef-derived gelatin; however, our Germany production facility uses pork-derived gelatin.

To determine the gelatin source, please look on the bottom half of the backside of the HARIBO USA package. If the candies packaging says "Made in Turkey" or "Product of Turkey," it was made with beef gelatin. If the candies packaging says "Made in Germany," "Made in Austria," "Product of Germany" or "Product of Austria" it was made with pork gelatin.

----------------------

Google knows.

Unfortunately halal marked products are quite rare in many western countries.
Yeah very rare and other vegan stuff is not really tasty

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
01-08-2017, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb

Just because it's beef gelatine, doesn't make it halal - because you do not know if the cow was slaughtered according to shariah compliant methods.

So, I would seriously advise eating the following labelled Haribo products only - HALAL / Suitable for Vegetarians.

That Is It.

Scimi

lostboy2389
01-08-2017, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Just because it's beef gelatine, doesn't make it halal - because you do not know if the cow was slaughtered according to shariah compliant methods.

So, I would seriously advise eating the following labelled Haribo products only - HALAL / Suitable for Vegetarians.

That Is It.

Scimi
Hmmm... following this attitude McDonalds and Burger King is not permissible too because they sell beef but not Halal beef ? I know lots of Muslims including me who eat there because of some verse which says the beef from ahlul kitab is permissible

Scimitar
01-08-2017, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lostboy2389
Hmmm... following this attitude McDonalds and Burger King is not permissible too because they sell beef but not Halal beef ? I know lots of Muslims including me who eat there because of some verse which says the beef from ahlul kitab is permissible
It is clearly HARAAM to eat McDonalds unless it is in Arabian nations where they use only halal beef.

You are not qualified to make the haraam, halal - no one is.

Haraam is haraam.

With regards to what meat outside of zabiha is permissible, you can only eat Kosher meat (the meat the Jews eat) if you cannot find any Halal meat and your life is in danger. Kosher meat is a last resort, and not something to eat regularly because you feel like it.

For the record - McDonalds and Burger King DO NOT USE Kosher meats. You cannot eat Burger King or McDonalds.

That is it.

Scimi

lostboy2389
01-08-2017, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
It is clearly HARAAM to eat McDonalds unless it is in Arabian nations where they use only halal beef.

You are not qualified to make the haraam, halal - no one is.

Haraam is haraam.

With regards to what meat outside of zabiha is permissible, you can only eat Kosher meat (the meat the Jews eat) if you cannot find any Halal meat and your life is in danger.

That is it.

You cannot eat Burger King or McDonalds.

Scimi
Thanks I'l be avoiding western fastfood and Haribo in future

aaj
01-09-2017, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lostboy2389
Permissible is the meat of religious people of the book who fear God in their dealings and slaughter by mentioning God's name beforehand, not today's people of the book. Kosher yes, since they stick to their deen. But christians? how many do you think say "in the name of God"? how many even work at slaughter houses? practicing religious ones? rather then agnostics or atheist, or whatever?

Even if it was halal, just watch slaughter house youtube videos and then decide if that is healthy and clean meat....

Scimitar
01-09-2017, 02:21 PM
well, bro aaj, there was this one documentary titled Supersize Me, in which a dude eats nothing but MickeyDees for a full month, and almost dies from it.

Fast food, fast death...

...One thing I've learnt is that those who take short cuts, usually end up cut short.

Scimi

sister herb
01-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Few products of Haribo are also labeled as halal. If you are unsure, why not contact to their consumer service and ask? I have made same many times about other food companies in my country. They usually answer quite fast.

azc
01-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Narrated: Al-Hasan bin Aliwho said: I committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wasallam, (the following words): "Leave that about which you are indoubtfor that about which you are in nodoubt." [Al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaii related it, and al-Tirmidhi said: It is a good and genuine Hadith] (Imam Nawawi's 40 hadith Chapter No: 1, An-Nawawi's 40 HadithHadithno: 11)

#HAMMAD#
01-10-2017, 07:42 AM
No because pig eat there own poo so we don't eat it because it is dirty.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.