/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As A Young Muslimah, How do I Leave A Positive Legacy For the Ummah?

_SlaveOfAllah_
01-14-2017, 07:54 AM
السلام عليكم
Assalam Alaikum!
I have been recently inspired by Sh.Dr.Yasir Qadhi's Speech about "Leaving A Legacy". But as I'm a Young Muslimah, I really want to know How can I Leave a legacy.. which suits according to my status.

Jazakallah Khairan
Wa Assalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-14-2017, 10:23 AM
:wa: will you elaborate a bit more...?

_SlaveOfAllah_
01-14-2017, 11:19 AM
From all the speeches I have heard, leaving a legacy is to start a zakah or aiding organizations , give dawaah, donate for charity etc which is not possible for me as I'm a Young Muslimah in my teens. So how do you think I can leave a positive legacy according to my age or which is possible for me?

Scimitar
01-14-2017, 02:29 PM
The answer is simple, get married and raise pious children.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
01-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

We can all, as Muslims leave a valuable legacy for our Ummah.

Of course, ensuring we remain firm upon the commands of Allah swt and follow the example of the Prophet :saws: will enable us to succeed in every other aspect of our life.

Setting up organisations or charities is one way, yes, but it is important to keep in mind that there are countless ways we can serve the Ummah - basically by focusing on our own abilities and aiming for perfection in every way we can, doing the best in everything we do. It's not always about focusing directly on 'changing the world' or other large-scale operations, but first changing ourselves, setting our own affairs aright, and then the affairs of those around us and our community. If we all did this at the grassroots level, then it would inevitably result in large-scale change. Getting the foundation - that community involving the family, teachers, neighbours etc - established will make the whole structure firm. And yes of course when inshaAllah one ever get married and has children, they should raise them to be pious individuals who will only benefit the ummah further, this is extremely important - this applies to brothers as well ;).

btw, here's another video I quite liked, by Nouman Ali Khan, it is around 40 minutes long but so worth it inshaAllah:

_SlaveOfAllah_
01-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Jazakallah khairan katheeran for your valuable words @noraina
=D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.