/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel lost and just so regretful and hate myself for what I've done.

.alhamdulillah.
01-14-2017, 06:08 PM
So I was born Muslim, but I was your typical Muslim by name growing up, only until I was around 18 that I slowly started to become more aware of Allah, and learn a bit more about Islam, and just became more serious about following Islam correctly, and maybe have true belief then. It's been almost 3 years since I would say I have turned to Allah, before that I was just completely lost, no care.

In these 3 years, I've learnt a good bit of history, basics, etc... of Islam, learned meanings of Surahs, learned more Surahs, listened to lots of lectures, and just becoming always aware of Allah.

BUT, I just cannot kick the habit of smoking Marijuana. I never knew it was haram like alcohol before practicing Islam, so I didn't see anything wrong with it and just did it with friends. At that point I was in love with weed for nearly 2 years, not knowing it was wrong. Then I learned it was haram, so ever since I have been working on it but man I just hate how over these 3 years, despite all of my increase in knowledge of Islam and the way we need to live our lives, I just cannot stop smoking weed.

I KNOW IT IS WRONG, I KNOW ALLAH IS WATCHING ME, AND YET I STILL DO ITimsadimsadimsad I make excuses, this is the last time, etc....

It's like a never ending cycle, I will go anywhere from a few days to a couple months not smoking weed, and then it just gets soo tough that it's all that is on my mind and then I go back and so on and so forth.

And then when I do smoke weed, that requires money and I have stolen from my parents as well here and there for money at times.

When I just seriously think of what I am doing it's just such a depressing hopeless feeling, where I feel like I defiantly disobeyed Allah, knowing it was wrong, and just still did it.

If I never had this fitna, I seriously would have none, other than laziness, this however is ruining my life and I want to stop, I want to not want to smoke, but when I stop for a little while, the urges just get stronger and stronger as time goes by and I do it again, despite remembering it is haram.

I just hate my actions, and in the end I don't care about this dunya, I just want peace. Wallahi. I don't want pain. I don't want the punishment of the grave. I don't want a hard day on the day of judgement. I just want Jannah.

Why does this test have to be so hard:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-14-2017, 06:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sorry to hear about your difficulties brother, but alhemdulilah that you are working on bettering yourself and situation. It will take time, but as long as you don't give up that's all that matters at this point.

What drives you to smoke in the first place? Or is it an addiction for you?

.alhamdulillah.
01-14-2017, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Sorry to hear about your difficulties brother, but alhemdulilah that you are working on bettering yourself and situation. It will take time, but as long as you don't give up that's all that matters at this point.

What drives you to smoke in the first place? Or is it an addiction for you?
Before it used to be just for fun, and now I feel like it is just an addiction as hard as it is to say. I'm just trying to do my best to fear Allah, remember Jannah, and knowing how when I do smoke it doesn't improve my life at all and just makes me stressed and unhappy.

*charisma*
01-14-2017, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Before it used to be just for fun, and now I feel like it is just an addiction as hard as it is to say. I'm just trying to do my best to fear Allah, remember Jannah, and knowing how when I do smoke it doesn't improve my life at all and just makes me stressed and unhappy.
With addictions you really have to take it day by day.

Firstly you have to vow not to steal from your parents again, because stealing is considered a major sin in Islam, not to mention it is done to the closest people to you. If you don't have the money, you won't smoke.

Secondly, find some other hobbies and stay away from the people that have influenced you to smoke or those who are bad influences to you. You have to keep your mind away from that, and that begins with how you spend your time and who you spend it with.

Lastly, make a lot of du'a and istighfar, and ask Allah to guide you during salaah. Be sincere with this journey and take it day by day. Try to go an entire week without smoking. Just 7 days. If you can do a whole week, that's amazing. Then tell yourself that you can do another week. Eventually weeks turn into months, and months turn into years. Instead of spending money that you have on weed, choose to spend it in better ways, like giving charity or buying gifts for others. Or save it to reward yourself after the journey with something that will increase you in piety (like saving up for Umrah or hajj, or some islamic books, etc).

Alhemdulilah in Islam we have soo many tools to keep us on the straight path, we just have to utilize them. Marijuana is one of those things that people become enslaved to when they don't even need it. The only slaves we have to be is Allah's slaves.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zeal
01-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Try go daily jogging(trust me) and replace your bad habits with good things and keep good companionship.

M.I.A.
01-14-2017, 08:19 PM
quit in 2006 cold turkey, there is no physical dependence.

its not made my life any easier and the people i used to know are by no means losers today.

if it loves you back its a harder choice to make.

...but i made mine..and maybe i would focus on the negative to simply not recognise all the things i have to be thankful for.

Eric H
01-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Greetings and peace be with you alhamdulillah.;

If you believe you can't give up the weed, then you are probably right, don't even bother to try, you have already lost.

However!

If you believe you can give it up, then you are probably right again, but you have to do whatever it takes. You always give up one day at a time, it is a constant battle. I believe you can give it up, but you do not have to believe me, you have to believe in yourself. You have to believe that Allah wants what is good for you, but you have to do your part.

Give up the weed today, then live in fear of weed, it is stronger than you are, you only have to take one draw and you are hooked again. When I gave up smoking, I thought of it like this. I would be afraid to put my hand in a fire and pick up a burning coal, I have the same fear of smoking. I know that even after thirty five years of not smoking, if I took one draw today, I would be hooked, and I live in fear of smoking.

I was really angry with myself that a stupid plant was controlling my life, anger is a powerful emotion, if you can turn it against yourself and be angry with yourself for being weak.

If I never had this fitna, I seriously would have none, other than laziness,
The human body is incredibly resilient. ( unless you have medical conditions) When I gave up smoking, I took up cycling, and just kept pushing myself to do more, within a year I cycled 450 miles in a weekend. The following year, I cycled 750 miles in three and a half days, on a bike with just one gear and no free wheel, I had to turn the peddles round just under a quarter of a million times to complete the ride. It probably is more in human nature to be lazy, so it takes a lot of effort to overcome your natural feelings.

Do voluntary work, help other people. Pray for help to do the will of Allah, never give up hope in Allah.

Blessings.

Eric

ardianto
01-15-2017, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Before it used to be just for fun, and now I feel like it is just an addiction as hard as it is to say.
Assalamualaikum, brother.

What you call with addicted by marijuana is different than addicted by heroin which body is physically addicted. Also different than addicted by video game which someone feel challenged to defeat challenge in game and make him want to play and play again. The cause why you always want to smoke weed is because you feel uncomfortable with your life. Then you want to escape to a 'world' where you can be yourself, and you feel you can be yourself when you are under effect of marijuana.

I was a weed smoker too in early of my puberty age although I more often consumed drug. I was not long in this behavior. Just a year and few months. But that's enough to destroy my life. I expelled from school, I became weird, lazy to take bath and my appearance was look like mad man.

But then Allah helped me through the way which in the beginning annoyed me. I betrayed by my friends. It made me decided to leave them and back to my old friends who did not smoke weed or use drug. Alhamdulillah, my old friends still accepted me. I also got new friends, including few who active in a hobby that made me interested. I began to active in my hobby, active in socialization with good friends. And finally I realized something that helped me to not back to drug and marijuana again.

Okay bro, what made you smoke marijuana?. I guess, not different than me. I start to smoke marijuana and consume drug because I thought it was cool, and I wanted to be cool. But later after I spent my time together with my good friends I began to realize that the the cool guy is a guy who does not smoke marijuana or consume drug. It really help me. I always feel cool whenever I can defeat my desire to smoke marijuana or consume drug.

My advice. Change your friends, leave the group that smoke weed, and be close with better friends. Try to active in a hobby. Experiencing happy days with good friends and active in a hobby will make you feel comfortable with your life, and will eliminate your desire to fly with marijuana again. Always convince yourself that you are a good guy. Always believe that the cool guy is the guy who does not smoke marijuana, but a guy who dare to face the challenges in life.

:)

Umm Malik
01-15-2017, 05:43 PM
*Trust in Allah
*Try to avoid the things and the people who led you to take it
And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah]
Who are certain that they will meet their Lord and that they will return to Him. 2:45/46
O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. 2:153
It's the best thing you can seek help through because in prayer you are connecting with your god and it inspires you the whole day and more
In prayer you have sujoud prostration and you will be more close to Allah and he will answer your douas
try to make a stranger decision while you are so trusting in Allah and seeking help from him subhanah
Try to have a lot of things in your day I mean to have a plan and to have a good goals to try to achieve such as memoirs Quran and to be the first one in your study or to learn languages etc...
Try to do as sayyidna ka'eb ibn Malik and see his story it's mention in an authentic Hadith
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eyKKqVtx0o0
and look how Allah the one who what he created subhanah how long was the days which sayyidna kaeb and the other three sayabah stay alone with no one and this is the period of changing
And this also the advice of the self help scholars says about the period of changing habits
They used to say it need 60 days ... but now thay say that 50 days is seficent
But at the end of the day we are believing in what Allah told us before everything
So you should decide and just 50 days be the best Muslim don't smoke and let your intention be forever and Allah will help you
In those days try to be the best example of the good Muslim
And you will feel happy because you will see how your family start looking at you in another way you will be different parson
Try to be the first one in the masjid "mosque" and choose two or three brothers to be your friends and your brothers for the sake of Allah
Avoid your previous friends because one day you will wishe that we didn't meet or follow them
trust in Allah and his mercy but don't be so leniency
And fear Allah but Don't lose hope
That is how the Muslim should balance between trusting and fearing Allah
May Allah help you
Amen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.