/* */

PDA

View Full Version : day of judgement

.alhamdulillah.
01-14-2017, 06:12 PM
So I've heard people say if you get questioned by Allah, you're done, you're destroyed, you're going to hell...

But I thought everyone still will get questioned by Allah, they will stand in front of him, etc... Like when Allah will say to someone who concealed someone elses sins, Allah will conceal theirs, so they are being confronted by Allah and still going to heaven.....

You hear of other descriptions of the day of judgement where people are shown mercy by Allah.

So if there are descriptions of the day of judgement where if you get questioned you are going to hell for sure, but also descriptions where you get questioned and go to heaven.... isn't that contradictory then.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think you are confusing several things. All servants of Allah will be questioned, and it begins in the grave.
On the day of judgement we will be questioned about our sins, and how we've chosen to use our time here on earth, etc.
We will also be questioned about the wrongdoings that we have done to others.

You have to remember that Allah is the most Just, so those who had rights in the world and did not get them, will get them in the afterlife. Those who have done bad deeds, their deeds are counted against them, and those who have done good deeds will have those counted. Everything is weighed on the scale.

This is why when we repent, it's best to do it in this world than wait for the hereafter where Allah's punishment is severe. We have to try to correct our wrongdoings in this world and seek forgiveness. And on the day of judgement Allah knows what was in your heart when you repented and whether it will be accepted or not.

Lastly, Muslims will all end up in Jannah eventually. The thing is that those who still have sins that they did not repent for will be punished in the hellfire for them, and the hellfire essentially is what cleanses us of those sins before entering paradise. And then Allah allows us into Jannah.

There's a lot of information about the day of judgement and descriptions of paradise and hellfire. Inshallah I'll pull up some posts for you if you're interested.

.alhamdulillah.
01-14-2017, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I think you are confusing several things. All servants of Allah will be questioned, and it begins in the grave.
On the day of judgement we will be questioned about our sins, and how we've chosen to use our time here on earth, etc.
We will also be questioned about the wrongdoings that we have done to others.

You have to remember that Allah is the most Just, so those who had rights in the world and did not get them, will get them in the afterlife. Those who have done bad deeds, their deeds are counted against them, and those who have done good deeds will have those counted. Everything is weighed on the scale.

This is why when we repent, it's best to do it in this world than wait for the hereafter where Allah's punishment is severe. We have to try to correct our wrongdoings in this world and seek forgiveness. And on the day of judgement Allah knows what was in your heart when you repented and whether it will be accepted or not.

Lastly, Muslims will all end up in Jannah eventually. The thing is that those who still have sins that they did not repent for will be punished in the hellfire for them, and the hellfire essentially is what cleanses us of those sins before entering paradise. And then Allah allows us into Jannah.

There's a lot of information about the day of judgement and descriptions of paradise and hellfire. Inshallah I'll pull up some posts for you if you're interested.
See I get what you are saying, but then I have heard people say that if Allah asks you about anything on the day of judgement, that's it you are done and going to hell.

I don't know if it is a hadith or what, but I have heard that a few times so to me that feels contradictory because on one end everyone will be questioned by Allah, and on the other end only those who go to hell will be questioned by Allah.

I have actually also heard that people of the fire won't even get to directly see Allah.

All those are contradictory to eachother no?

M.I.A.
01-14-2017, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
So I've heard people say if you get questioned by Allah, you're done, you're destroyed, you're going to hell...

But I thought everyone still will get questioned by Allah, they will stand in front of him, etc... Like when Allah will say to someone who concealed someone elses sins, Allah will conceal theirs, so they are being confronted by Allah and still going to heaven.....

You hear of other descriptions of the day of judgement where people are shown mercy by Allah.

So if there are descriptions of the day of judgement where if you get questioned you are going to hell for sure, but also descriptions where you get questioned and go to heaven.... isn't that contradictory then.
dont worry,

on that day you will be given the answer before you ask the question..

and you will ask the question.

..shown the truth of all that you did.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
whosebob
01-14-2017, 08:20 PM
I suffer from Schizophrenia. Everyday I hear the voices tormenting me about my sin. It also happens to many mental patience whether it is bi-polar or depression, just in a different way. This is a trick of Shaitan to cause one to lose hope in Allah's mercy. That's why I don't believe Allah will use the same devices to cause stress and anxiety in believers on the Day of Judgment, Inshallah. It is'nt healthy. God is merciful and would never do this to a believer. There is the scale, the mezaan Alhamdullilah. You do good, it will weigh in your favour and you will go to Jannah firdous. You do evil and it will weigh to your detriment and you will go to Jahannam. But there is hope. The Kalima (La illah ha ilallah,There is none worthy of worship but Allah) is so heavy in good deeds that it will far outweigh the bad since the Nabi(SAW) said that the Kalima is worth more than the heavens and earth, in proportion to the weight of good deeds mashallah. So Alhamdullilah, things will work out for believers inshallah. When you with Allah at your hesab, it will be a great day inshallah. Allah judges you by the best that you have done (It sais so in the Quran), not the worst Alhamdullilah.

*charisma*
01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
See I get what you are saying, but then I have heard people say that if Allah asks you about anything on the day of judgement, that's it you are done and going to hell.
This is not true.

I have actually also heard that people of the fire won't even get to directly see Allah.
This is true, but people of the fire usually means the kaafirs (those who have rejected Islam). They will be in hellfire and will never get the blessing of seeing Allah swt. May allah prevent us from such a calamity ameen.

https://www.islamicboard.com/the-her...ell-islam.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/the-her...e-islam-3.html

.alhamdulillah.
01-14-2017, 10:52 PM
This is not true.

This is true, but people of the fire usually means the kaafirs (those who have rejected Islam). They will be in hellfire and will never get the blessing of seeing Allah swt. May allah prevent us from such a calamity ameen.

https://www.islamicboard.com/the-her...ell-islam.html

https://www.islamicboard.com/the-her...e-islam-3.html
So the people of hell will get not get to see Allah? But I thought everyone gets questioned by Allah? Aren't there descriptions of people of hell who will be talking to Allah and Allah will send them to hell or am I just mistaken?

Scimitar
01-14-2017, 11:00 PM
So the people of hell will get not get to see Allah? But I thought everyone gets questioned by Allah? Aren't there descriptions of people of hell who will be talking to Allah and Allah will send them to hell or am I just mistaken?
Those who are guilty, will not be able to raise their heads due to shame.

Ever seen a guilty person tell a lie by holding his gaze with yours? It's difficult to lie like that to people, even telling the truth about something you are guilty of is tough, and you break eye contact due to the guilt... how will you feel when faced by Allah? Should be shockingly more intense, no? Will you even be able to stand? let alone look up?

Scimi

*charisma*
01-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Yes everyone will get questioned, but Allah does not reveal Himself except to the believers. But He will communicate with us in His own way.

Scimitar
01-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Yes everyone will get questioned, but Allah does not reveal Himself except to the believers. But He will communicate with us in His own way.
Yes, they will see the throne, but get lost in that... we are taught that Allah will reveal himself to the believers in heaven, one day - and that day the believers will be the happiest... there's more, but its not for this thread. Anyway, day of judgement, I believe, we will see the throne. But not Allah, as HIS Majesty is far beyond our pre-judged state to be blessed with.

And Allah knows best.

Scimi

*charisma*
01-14-2017, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Yes, they will see the throne, but get lost in that... we are taught that Allah will reveal himself to the believers in heaven, one day - and that day the believers will be the happiest... there's more, but its not for this thread. Anyway, day of judgement, I believe, we will see the throne. But not Allah, as HIS Majesty is far beyond our pre-judged state to be blessed with.

And Allah knows best.

Scimi
Yea and I believe Allah is behind a veil of light??

I can't even fathom that day..may we all reach that status ameen. Reminds me of the story of Musa (as) when Allah revealed himself to the mountain and it became dust, and Musa (as) passed out and awoke in such humility. Allahu akbar.

Scimitar
01-14-2017, 11:31 PM
You're right sister.

I think sometimes and wonder how people can entertain such thoughts without pondering on the Qur'an. Or ahadeeth.

Let's just consider angels for a moment.

Anytime Angels were sent to a nation - it was to destroy it.

And if Angels were sent to men, it was either to take life - or to give revelation... or in the case of Harut and Marut, to warn men of magic. Or the two who sit on our shoulders and write our deeds (good and bad).

These are all very scary things.

And these are the Angels, Angels which we humans see as perfect because they have the purest imaan and no nafs.

And here we find we want to see Allah on the day of judgement.

WOW.

Blows my brain in several directions and only the facepalm holds it together.

Scimi

*charisma*
01-14-2017, 11:50 PM
Aint that the truth..subhanallah. I feel the longer the world turns the more arrogant people become about these things. one of my pet peeve's is when people ask about certain details in jannah, i mean nitpicking at the unknown..it's like, hey buddy how about we work on getting there first :D sigh. Getting a lil ahead of themselves :facepalm:

Blows my brain in several directions and only the facepalm holds it together.
LOOOL ;D ;D

whosebob
01-15-2017, 04:04 PM
So you going to Jannah firdous yet you have no dreams about it. Does that make sense. Dream of Jannah firdous, have lots of dreams people inshallah. Evens the Quran inspires us with stories of Jannah firdous. The Nabi(SAW) also tells us many stories about it. It's to encourage believers to also do so. It's a sunnah of the Nabi(SAW) so why not have wishes for Jannah firdous. You believe in Allah, he'll never let you down inshallah This includes going to Jannah firdous.

Yes there's a fine line between pondering whether one will go to Jannah Firdous or Jahannam. But one must have confidence. How do you think you are going to pass away having fear that you will go to Jahannam when you life has been morally good your whole life. That's kind of like beating yourself up, when you did nothing wrong.

azc
01-15-2017, 05:17 PM
@whosebob : The Prophet (pbuh) said: "No one of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone." They asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy" (Bukhari, Riqaq, 18; Muslim, Munafiq, 71-73)

whosebob
01-15-2017, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
@whosebob : The Prophet (pbuh) said: "No one of you will enter Paradise by his deeds alone." They asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Grace and Mercy" (Bukhari, Riqaq, 18; Muslim, Munafiq, 71-73)
Then believers have nothing to worry about because Allah is most merciful and compassionate mashallah. Give Allah credit, he is'nt a monster.

whosebob
01-15-2017, 05:34 PM
There was ones a sahaba that asked the Nabi(SAW) who will judge us on the Day of Qiyamah. The Nabi(SAW) said Allah. The sahaba then said that we having to worry about because Allah is the pardoner and most merciful mashallah.

azc
01-15-2017, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
Then believers have nothing to worry about because Allah is most merciful and compassionate mashallah. Give Allah credit, he is'nt a monster.
I think you are a revert.

Scimitar
01-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Consider this, of the 99 attributed names of Allah in Islam, most are to do with (have an adjacent meaning relating to) forgiveness and mercy.

In the Qur'an, mercy and forgiveness are mentioned twice as many times as wrath, and punishment.

Food for thought. :)

Scimi

Scimitar
01-15-2017, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
I think you are a revert.
from what I have experienced, they take their deen way more seriously than those of us born into the faith. The reverts had the strength of character enough to follow that ever elusive vein of truth, to eventually earn the guidance of Allah so they could be led to Islam.

And none are guided, except if Allah wills.

Scimi

azc
01-15-2017, 05:58 PM
from what I have experienced, they take their deen way more seriously than those of us born into the faith. The reverts had the strength of character enough to follow that ever elusive vein of truth, to eventually earn the guidance of Allah so they could be led to Islam.And none are guided, except if Allah wills.Scimi
very true and I'm always scared of saying anything about them. The brother doesn't understand the depth of hadith. ''fa sabbih bi hamdi rabbika wastaghfirh. Innahu kana tawwaba'' such ayat make me think how I will be forgiven unless Allah swt showers his mercy. In these ayat even prophet s.a.w was asked to seek forgiveness, then where us, the commonmen, stand...?

ah17865
01-16-2017, 12:07 AM
I am looking forward to this day, and hope this evil earth demolishes very quick and the day of judgement comes ASAP!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.