/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal Omega 3 supplement?

Farrah2017
01-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Asalam Alaikum. The doctor advised me to take Omega 3 200-300mg supplement. I know the oil capsules are made with gelatin. Does anyone know where I can get halal oil capsules Omega 3 around Toronto area?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.alhamdulillah.
01-15-2017, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farrah2017
Asalam Alaikum. The doctor advised me to take Omega 3 200-300mg supplement. I know the oil capsules are made with gelatin. Does anyone know where I can get halal oil capsules Omega 3 around Toronto area?
Just type in halal omega 3 in google and you will see a bunch of links on Amazon with which you can ship them to your house. Now which ones are truly halal I don't know, but if they are claiming it's halal... I mean....

.alhamdulillah.
01-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Actually because of you I just researched one brand and bought it, so jazakAllah. Brand is NoorVitamins, I mean they seem legit, reviews confirming their halal status..... I can let you know what I think of them when they come. Here is a link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005E9JXHS...sp_detail_page

The brand I was previously using, Nordic Naturals, was very high quality and had beef gelatin, but I'm sure it wasn't halal slaughtered beef, never thought to look for halal omega 3 or vitamins at all, but I think I have a good basis for comparison since the one I was using is of high quality.

Finding MEMO
03-06-2017, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farrah2017
EyeQ - Equazen is halal approved top quality both in Omega 3 & 6.

MashAllah fantastic product for every age group.

You can either order direct from Equazen, Amazon or Boots.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
03-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

It's great there are now halal alternatives for things like this.

And as well as the supplements, try to increase the amount of Omega 3 in your diet through foods which naturally contain a high amount of it. Like mackeral, salmon, tune, cod liver oil, walnuts, egg yolks ect. They're all great for that as well in'sha'Allah.

Izar01
02-26-2020, 06:25 PM
Assalam Alaikum,

You should look for either Omega 3s that are Halal-certified or those that are vegetarian or vegan but with no use of alcohol. Usually, the caps containing the fatty acids are made from animal gelatin, if it's from fish then it's ok if otherwise check if it's Halal-certified and look for a Halal logo.
Fortunately, there are various brands in North America that are halal-certified like noon vitamins, salaam vitamins and marina vitamins.

You can read this article/review about some of the best Halal Omega 3 Supplements.

Hope that helps.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.